Revelations (pt.6)

The Golden Guard was holding my hand.

Well, someone who looked like me. Same mask, same hair color, same height and body type...

"(Y/N), please. The Emperor is dangerous, you have to escape with me!" He begged.

...What?

"Adam, we both know I can't. The curse is getting more powerful, and besides- if we leave, he'll just- make us again. And again, and again, and again..." Not-(Y/N) answered.

(Who's Adam?!)

"Well- we can save them!" He said, pulling away. "Somehow." He paused. "Actually, I don't know if we can. I hate kids."

Not (Y/N) snorted. "But regardless of the theoretical future Grimwalkers, I'm still cursed, Goldie."

"We'll find another option!" Said the Golden Guard desperately.

"What other option do we even have?!" Fake (Y/N) snapped. "Do you think I haven't already tried?!"

Adam hung his head, leaning against the wall.

Fake (Y/N) softened, reaching towards him. "Hey. I know you want to leave- I do too. We just need to...to find another way. Somehow."

*******

My eyes flew open. A dream.

A really freaking weird dream, but not too weird considering the events of yesterday...

'It all starts with Adam, of course....but we'll get there soon.

Hi, I'm (Y/N) (L/N), and I think I know too much.'

That journal.

Wait, I remember the journal! Terra's tea...didn't work?

I stood up, head spinning. 'Adam'. Adam, Adam, Adam...'It all starts with Adam'.

Yeah, my life just got a little stranger.

I sighed, throwing on my cloak. It's time for some answers.... Y'know- when I have time. I'm a busy witch! 

The agenda for today was shockingly another mission assignment. I was supposed to go hunting for palismen with the Golden Guard....

I frowned as I adjusted my outfit, skipping out on the red lipstick in favor of a mauve-y gloss. Adam was probably one of Goldie's predecessors, an old Golden Guard. But who the heck was that....version of me? As far as I knew, my job wasn't a position with predecessors, and plus- why did that (Y/N) look and sound just like me?! Heck, why was that witch literally named (Y/N)?!

'Theoretical future Grimwalkers'...Grimwalkers?...I recognized that term, but couldn't remember what it was!

"UGH!" I yelled in frustration, leaning back on my bed frame to tie my mask. This was so confusing....

Oh wait. Terra's tea.

It didn't work this time, as I remembered yesterday's events clearly, but...who's to say I didn't find out some other time only to forget? What if I did know about these witches, only for Terra to make me forget?

The door swung open.

"Thorns, are you okay?!" Goldie gasped, running into the room. He grabbed my shoulders tightly, looking me up and down as if to make sure I hadn't lost any limbs.

I looked up. "....Yeah? ....Why?"
He shook his head. "Sorry, I just heard you yell and thought...you know what, you're fine."

I smirked. "You were worried about me, weren't you?"