Deleted scene 1

In this content crumb, the context is that (Y/N) got into a fight with the Golden Guard because he insulted Lilith, and is currently facing the aftermath. It was gonna be in the upcoming Masks and Bets pt.2, but it got scrapped as I changed the plotline. (Again)

*******

"(Y/N) (L/N)! That is a horrible reason to fight someone!" Lilith snapped, eyes blazing. I hung my head, not wanting to meet them, not wanting to see the shame in my own reflected back.

"I didn't want him trash-talking you." I mumbled.

"I know, and while I appreciate that- YOU CAN'T START A FIGHT JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THE SAME PEOPLE YOU LIKE!" Lilith roared, her dark hair whipping around as she gestured wildly.

"Yeah, well...I'm...sorry." I mumbled.

Lilith softened as she met my eyes. She put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I...I don't want you to get hurt, (Y/N). Especially not on my behalf." She said gently.

"...I...you're right. I- I shouldn't have started that fight." I whispered, pulling the cloak around my shoulders a bit tighter. "It's just...The Golden Guard doesn't get to say things about you. ...You might not be related to me, but you're my family, Lily."

"Aw...you're my family too, witchling." She said gently. "But that's exactly why I can't let you get injured fighting for me when I'm perfectly capable of handling it myself."

"Well...at least I'm not hurt too badly- just a few bruises, really..." I pointed out.

"And thank goodness for that...you're a powerful young witch, (Y/N). I may not be able to speak to the Titan, but I'm sure he has a great plan for you. But in the meantime- stay safe, okay? After all- having a battered apprentice won't quite do wonders for my reputation," She teased.

*******