Intro

Hullo and welcome to my new passion project! There's a few things to note before reading this:

First off, this is a Hunter/Golden Guard x reader book. Theoretically you gleaned that from the title, but I dunno. Maybe you expected this to be about toast or something, in which case....sorry to disappoint. This book is not about toast.

Secondly, a brief summary:

You play as (Y/N), a young witch in the Emperor's Coven who enjoys practicing magic, looking intimidating, and most importantly, annoying your least favorite-frustrating know it all-stick in the mud coworker....also known as the Golden Guard. 

But as you uncover forbidden secrets, you find yourself more and more in need of his support- and vice versa.

Thirdly, this book will also feature oneshots that are entirely unrelated to the main story- I'll label them as such to avoid confusion. This was originally a oneshots book before I began to focus on one particular storyline, so expect more oneshots and less story at the beginning, and not so many oneshots towards the middle+end.

And fourthly, (Y/N) is kinda based on me. And I'm asexual and romantically...so so confused! So while I don't outright state anything in the text, I feel weird writing romantic 'I love you's and kissing...so like expect emotional bonding and witty banter, but not so much 'they're hot'. 

(Update from the future: Turns out it's actually because I only like girls lol. Doesn't really affect how the story goes tho)

Lastly, this book handles subjects like abuse. I'm trying to tackle these themes as respectfully and accurately as possible, but if they are triggering to you, I wouldn't recommend reading this. 

Well, I think this is all the info you'll need that isn't already in this book's description....

Thanks for checking out my book, and I hope you enjoy it!

-Casey

p.s. 

Do you like the cover? I drew it :)

Update: If you wanna see more drawings related to this story, there's an art book on my profile