Chapter One

This is a Fourth grade story my sibling and I wrote. At the time we didn't know all that much about the fandom. Please bare in mind that this isn't actually finished, so I may end it randomly or finish it.

(First pov)

Hello my name is Error, and I am a skeleton monster. I have a disease called pixlexia which makes me a glitch. I have carbon black bones with a red gradient from my clavicle down to my vertebrae and  my humerus and ulna to my carpals as well as from my tibia and fibula to my tarsals. My hand has a mix of yellow and red, the yellow of my phalanges and red of my metacarpals. My magic is blue with yellow dots as stars. My favorite food is chocolate, preferably semi sweet or dark. My hobbies are sewing/knitting, or anything to do with yarn or threads. I will explain more later, but I want to let you know my parents hate me. I often go into a state of unconsciousness when overwhelmed or threatened, it usually lasts an hour at least.  I have haphephobia, the fear of being touched, so I tend to crash a lot. 

“Hurry up brat!” A woman yells. This is my step mother, at first she was okay with us until my Dad disappeared. Then she really changed. I quickly ran downstairs, my hood was up, and my glasses hidden. Yes, I wear glasses, I'm nearsighted. She glares at me. I greatly disliked her after she changed, she often threatened to hit me. My step-mother calls me a mistake, considering that's what my name means, but my siblings love me. There are five of us, Error 404, who is the oldest, Fatal Error, Geno, me and Fresh, who is adopted.

“Why are you so slow? Hurry up!" She yells. I quickly ran to the door to see Geno waiting with Fatal. 

“404! Hurry your damn ass up.” Geno yells. Fresh walks over smiling, and I return the smile. 404 darts down the stairs. 

“C’mon guys were gonna miss the bus!” He says while adjusting his jacket. 

“Oh and Error don’t be too worried about school ‘kay?” Fresh says as we head outside. How am I going to make friends or is this going to repeat again. I was lost in thought when a skeleton with a dark hood came crashing into Geno. Geno falls into the street, he gets up with their help.

“Oh my, I’m sorry.” The skeleton with an ink splotch on his face. 

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean for you to get hurt. We were playing. I should've paid more attention.” He says quickly. 

“Hey listen it’s ok we only clashed it’s nothing to worry about.” Geno says, trying to calm the colorful eyed skeleton. 

“INK!” The last skeleton says he had a large hoodie and a mark on his face that I couldn’t see all that well. 

“He said it’s fine, calm down before you wear your vials out. You know how hard it is to find them alright.” He says calmly.

“Thank you Cross.” The dark clothed skeleton says. He walks over to Ink. That was a very odd name but I guess he does have an ink mark.

“Sorry I panicked.” Ink says to Geno. Geno smiles and hugs Ink.

“You’re fine. I forgive both of you.” Geno says while looking at the skeletons. Fatal, 404, and Fresh snicker.

“Why are you laughing?” Geno says, annoyed. I move back only to see the bus. The bus won’t notice us in enough time, and I was glitching too much. 

“What’s wrong?” Fresh says concerned. I try to tell him but my glitching soon becomes uncontrollable. I collapsed and I know that a beep noise filled the air.

(Third pov)
All of the skeletons yelling and arguing, when a loud honk gains their attention. The school bus arrived. The bus that was coming had taken another turn. 404 carefully picks up Error and takes him to the bus. Geno was holding his school bag. They get on the bus, a few discussions between those at the same stop, and they finally arrive at school. Geno and Reaper say that they will stay, and wait for me to wake up. The others agree and go to their classes.

(First pov)
I was at the nurses office. I look around a low groan escaping me from the headache that followed. I see Geno and the tallest of the three walk in. Geno, seeing that I was awake, runs over to me. 

“Error lay back down.” Geno says. I quietly obeyed, but my anxiety shot to the roof. Tears were running down my face.

“Shh… You’re going to be fine.” Geno says calmly. I fell back asleep. When I wake up again, I see Fresh and I see the skeleton with an ink spot on his face, Ink I think it was. I looked up and flinched at Ink, who was standing in front of me.

“Sorry if I scared you.” Ink says apologetically. I look at him with a slight smile. I closed my eyes for a moment, or so I thought I did. I wake to see Fatal, 404, and Cross talking. I get up and sigh. Sounded more like cracking audio. I freeze. 404 sighs and walks over. 

“I know you're awake, Error.” 404 says, sighing. I sit up carefully, so I don't worsen my pounding headache.

“WaIt… Is ThIs A hOsPiTaL?” I ask nervously. My glitching was getting faster as I panicked.

“Hey! Hey! Calm down!” Cross said worriedly. 

“You’re going to be okay.” 404 says. I calm myself before looking around again. 

“WhAt HaPpEnEd?” I said. I was confused and not sure how to understand the situation.

“You’re going to be fine.” Fatal is somewhat uncertain when he responds. I notice and intend to go on when I hear the door. I flinch, my head turns with a quiet snap. I notice the nurse and I start glitching again. 

“Hey! Error stop overreacting. Nothing is going to happen.” 404 says annoyed. She walks over. I start to panic a little. 404 glares at me, I start to hide my emotions again. The panic, fear, and pain all fade away. I look at the nurse, numb… no emotion expressed at all. Fatal just about freaked at how calm I had gotten. Cross was rubbing his hands together, nervously. 404 was shocked that I could even do that. 

“Umm… What just happened…?” Cross said, nervous and scared. I just stared at her. I was actually bottling everything up inside of me so the closer she got the more panicked I was getting. One step closer and I would crash. I know it.

“Hmm… What happens at your home.” She asked Fatal and 404. I look at them with a glance of ‘I dare you, tell her’ I had a numb smile. 

“Oh uh… Not much…” Fatal says catching my look. I slowly sit up. I was barely glitching on the outside, but on the inside it was painful. For what I’ve dealt with I can hide pretty much anything from them. Either way they wouldn’t know the details. 

“Sure… Well let’s finish this.” She says while walking closer. I didn’t think she would come closer. I thought she would leave. Some of my glitching reveals itself. I nearly lost myself.

“Huh? Are you okay dear.” She says coming even closer. I force a nod and do my best to hide the pain. I am on the verge of crashing. I try to ignore her, but she calls my attention. The moment I feel like I’m about to crash, the next I just feel a buzz.