Chapter 19: Bodyguard or Escort

- EMMA POV -

"Agent, Thor Odinson, and Loki Laufeyson, I need you three for the next mission." Fury's voice came on the microphone, Thor looks at me with confusion while Loki takes the moment of Thor not paying attention and right hooks the other God's jaw.

"Loki!" Thor growls, his head whips around to his brother and I have to stifle my giggles.

MINI TIME SKIP

"Alright, the building is filled with cameras left, right, and smack-dab in the middle. Your job is to investigate the party inside, it's going to be a difficult job and you may get shot once or twice-" Fury says, I look at Loki and my eyes widen when he shrugs, he looks at me -as if just remembering I'm coming on the mission- then looks back at Fury.

"But-" Loki starts but Fury raises a hand, silencing him immediately- well sort of, Loki lets out a few more huffs and puffs here and there but doesn't try to talk for the rest of the briefing we were having.

"I know Emma is still recovering, that's why I'm having both of you go with her, but only one will stay by her side for the whole night. Who gets to, is up to you. I'll send Emma more information that I think you'll need for the mission, it's going to be a few days long since it'll take a while to get there, so pack as if going for a five-day long trip."

MINI TIME SKIP

Loki, Thor, and I are all in my room, we're going over the information Fury sent me, just like he said, there's more information on here that we didn't talk about. Thor and Loki claimed that they've already packed their stuff, I'm having Thor read over the list so he understands what's going to be needed of him.

"It says that there's going to need to be a bodyguard and an escort," Thor says, I turn to look at him and my brows furrow. I place the shirt that I had in my hands on my bed, since I was packing, starting to walk over, I lean over his shoulder and hear a growl from behind me. I can only assume Loki is not pleased by me leaning over his brother's shoulder, I just don't know why though.

"'The female agent should have one male escort at her side the entire three nights of balls, should there be three agents instead of two, the third should act as a bodyguard. Watching the doors and any other possible exits while also keeping an eye on whoever/whatever they're there for.' Huh, cool, so, who wants to be the escort and who wants to be the bodyguard?" I asked, looking between the two Gods.