Chapter 4: It Was Me

- EMMA POV -

"Are you guys ok? What happened? How did this happen? How can I help? Where is the med-kit?" I asked in a worried voice and I made my way over to them in a rush.

"We're fine, we just need to rest," Bruce said, I nodded and went back to my spot on the couch. I grabbed my bowl and spoon then made my way over to the dishwasher and put them away, I teleported back into my spot next to Loki, I leaned in and started to read the book as well.

- LOKI POV -

I was reading my poetry book when I heard the moving box make a ding noise, I smirked and out of the corner of my eye. I could see Lady Emma coming out of the box, she made her way towards me and asked, "Where's Tony?"

I kept reading my book, but had my attention fixated on her, "Stark? I don't know," I replied with a smirk, I could see that she was giving me a suspicious glare. I chuckled and shook my head lightly.

"But... he called me here," She said trying to comprehend the situation, I chuckled again and lightly shake my head. No, he didn't my dear, he is in his laboratory. I was the one who called you here.

"Really? Well, I do not know where he is. But I do know that Romanoff, Banner, Barton, Rogers, and Barnes went on a mission," I answered knowing that it was just; Lady Emma, the Maximoff twins, Vision, my oaf of a brother, and Stark in the tower. I heard her footsteps coming closer to me, I felt my heart race slightly.

"Whatcha reading?" She asked in a playful tone, I turned my head towards her and smirked then asked.

"Poetry, why do you ask?" I inquired

"I was just curious," She said while shrugging her shoulders then started heading towards the kitchen, I got up from my spot on and followed her.

I watched in delight as she opened the cupboard door and struggled to get the cereal. If I'm being honest it's quite amusing, watching her struggle to get something so high up with her height against her. I walked forward and grabbed the cereal she was reaching for then gave her the box.

"T-thank you, Loki," She said, getting flustered at how close I was to her, I smirked and leaned in.

"Is something wrong?" I asked in a purring voice, I saw her get more flustered and clutched onto the cereal box in her hands.

"N-No, no nothing's wrong," She stuttered, I walked closer to her.

"Then why are you turning red," I asked, still leaning in. I know why she's turning red, but I want to know if she knows why.

"No reason," She said, walking towards the cold box, I leaned against the counter and watched her make her breakfast. I noticed that she forgot to put a spoon in her bowl, so I grabbed one for a drawer and put it in her bowl. She went back over to the cupboard, I smirked and followed her.

I grabbed the cereal from her hands and put it back into the spot in the cupboard where it was before I took it. I looked back down at her and admired our height difference, if I wanted to I could rest my head on hers without any problems.

"Are you sure?" I asked, I noticed that she was getting flustered again.

"One hundred percent," She whispered, I leaned down with my smirk staying on my face. She slowly turned around and gabbed her cereal then headed towards the couch. I followed her towards the couch and started to read my book again.

I was flipping the page when I started to hear Emma's thoughts, His raven hair, high cheekbones, lean but powerful build, thin pink lips, and gorgeous emerald green eyes. Everything about him seemed to be perfect like he could do anything wrong and no one would notice. I smirked then heard her thought's continue, He is probably the only person in the world that could pull off that demonic grin. My smirk grew then tried to continue reading my book. The only problem is that my thoughts kept wandering to Emma.

Once I was finally able to focus on my book I heard a ding noise, I sighed and looked up for a moment only to be met with the team that went out on the mission earlier. I looked down at my book and went back to reading. I heard the concern in Emma's voice, if I was hurt I would want her to help me, heal me.

A few moments later, I felt the couch move beside me. I looked beside me for a moment and saw Emma leaning, trying to read my book. I put my book down, Emma looked up at me with a confused expression. I chuckled and grabbed her waist then put her down gently on my lap, once I had her all settled in, I reached back over and grabbed my book.

I could tell she was blushing, she tried to pull away but I know that she wanted to stay on my lap. God, why does he have to be so fucking strong? And perfect? And handsome? I chuckled and pulled her closer with one hand with the other was keeping the book from falling onto the couch.

"Please stay," I begged in a whispered voice into her ear, she shivered at my cold breath. I chuckled in her ear, she curled in a little and watched as I brought the book back up. In front of her then we started to read in silence.

When it was 10 pm, Emma said that she needed to go to bed. I frowned and asked if I could escort her back to her chambers, she said yes.

We were standing in front of her door, "Goodnight, darling," Se blushed at the new nickname making me chuckle. Then she closed her door, and I made my way into my room and decided to call it a night.