Chapter 15: Didn't Want To See Me

- LOKI POV -

It's felt like forever since I've had Emma in my arms, the little mortal has been gone on the mission for over an hour! I knew I should have never let her go with them, she should have stayed with me. In my arms. While I read softly to her...

What are these thoughts? I thought we were just going to be friends- allies, not that she will see me as anything else other than a monster when I show her my true form.

I frown at the thought then hear the elevator ding and look over, my little mortal is not standing with the rest of the group. I've also noticed that Dr. Banner is also missing from their little meeting in the elevator.

Standing from the couch, I place my book on the 'coffee table' and march over to my brother with a stone-cold expression.

"Where is she?" I snarled, my nose wrinkling softly.

"In the healing wing- but Dr. Banner said that no one is allowed in until he is finished his assessment. That means no visiting the little mortal in her hospital bed, do you understand, Brother?" Thor asks, I nod subconsciously, I'm already thinking of a plan on how to visit her without the rest of the team finding out.

It's been about an hour since the team has returned and I was just finishing up my plan, I know that Dr. Banner will have to leave the little mortal so she can get some rest, so I'll sneak in then.

MINI TIME SKIP

The sun has gone down and everyone has gone into their chambers for the night, well almost everyone, I'm standing outside of the healing wing -or 'medical wing' as the mortals call it- while chewing on my bottom lip. What if she doesn't want to see me? What if she doesn't like me as a friend anymore?

"Is someone out there?" I hear a soft but tired voice ask, I open the door and peek my head inside, Emma's smile widens when she sees it's me. I let out the breath that I was subconsciously holding, walking inside I sit on the chair by her bed.

"Has the team been giving you grief while I'm in here?" She asks, I hesitate before shaking my head, I don't need to worry her about my problems. "Loki..." She warns me, giving me a stern look, I sigh, bringing a hand up and attempting to hold hers without making it obvious.

I scooch the chair closer to the head of the bed, one hand petting her hair while the other holds her hand closed to me. Her breathing slows and evens out as I let my magic work, she must have seen some of the green glow.

"Loki-" she yawns, "are you using magic on me?"

"N-yes," I sigh, looking at my lap bashfully, embarrassed that I got caught, "I only wanted to help you get some more rest so you can leave this place and return to your chambers, and in order for you to do that-" I let more magic flow into her body, she lets out a loud yawn, getting more comfortable on the rock-hard bed, "you need your rest, little mortal."

"Stay?" She asks, on the verge of sleep, I nod, getting up and walking to the other side of the bed, climbing onto it and wrapping myself around her, I think there is a term for that... spooning?

"Nigh-nigh Woki," She whispers, grabbing my hand and wrapping my arm around her warm body, I chuckle softly at her.

"Goodnight, Emma,"