Chapter 13: "What Does 'Courting' Mean?"

- LOKI POV -

Well, she doesn't seem to mind about waking on my chest, or maybe she didn't notice yet? I hope she's fine with it.

"Little mortal?" I ask, combing through her hair with my right hand, it lightly tugs on some knots in her hair.

"Hm?"

"How was your sleep?" I asked, she sighs and scooches up my body, making sure to move her head closer to the crook in my neck. I move the blanket up so it covered the back of her neck once more, she hummed and I took that as a good thing.

"Brother I'm so proud of you!" Thor yells, running out of the elevator and over to the living room, where Emma and I are laying on the couch.

"What?" Emma muttered against me, her voice is muffled but Thor heard it.

"You two are courting, yes?" Thor asked, trying to understand what was happening. My eyes widen before I glare at him and he seems more confused.

"What does 'courting' mean?" Emma asked, her breath tickling my neck.

"It means that you and Loki are-"

"Good at judging!" I interrupted him, my left hand's motion slowing down but trying to keep the same pressure on her back, hoping that it'll make her more tired.

"But I'm not good a judging," She pouts, her soft voice warming my heart, she yawns and I chuckle at her. I look back up at Thor and he gives me a knowing look, placing his hands on his hips, he chuckles knowingly.

"Are you sure?" I tease, and she nods and hums a yes. The alarm made a loud noise and the lights turned red, startling Emma, she flinches and mumbles something into my skin. "I beg your pardon?"

"It always gets me," She pouts, repeating her words so I could hear her.