Chapter 16: Squirming

- EMMA POV -

I wake with cool, strong arms wrapped around me, my back against a cool surface. I open my eyes and look over my shoulder, I see pitch-black hair and smile softly.

"Loki?" I whisper, I hear him groan against my neck making me giggle softly.

"No," he complains, "stop moving, you're making it difficult to stay still with all your squirming."

I start laughing now, then hear the door open, footsteps can be heard, Loki groans and snuggles closer, his cool breath sending shivers down my spine. I look over Loki's shoulder and see Bruce, Tony, and Thor walking into the medical wing, Thor lets out a giggle when he spots Loki spooning me. Tony scoffs and Bruce is confused, not only did Loki disobey the rules, ignoring what he was told and doing the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do, but he also helped me get a good sleep. I know no one else was supposed to be down here while I am but Loki seemed to not be able to control himself, or his actions.

"Loki?" Bruce asked, Loki groaned, pushing his nose into my skin more, I try to hide my blush but fail miserably when Thor yells.

"Lady Emma, are you alright? Why are you turning red?" Loki sits up abruptly and stares down at me with worry, his hands cupping my cheeks, forcing me to look at him.

"Are you alright? What happened? What have I done this time?" Loki worries but when he sees the pink on my cheeks he calms down slightly, realizing that I'm not sick or injured. I grab his hands and smile softly at him, he returns the soft smile and we stare into each other's gaze.

"Ahem!" We hear Tony say, faking a cough and clearing his throat. "Why is Reindeer Games in the medical wing? On Emma's bed? Where you told him not to go?"