chapter -1

Abhimanyu refused to attend conference in shimla and he gave excuse of ruhi exams.Yes, it was a reason but not only reason. He is afraid to go out of city living his family behind because 7 yrs back, he went out of city for just one day and when he came back,his whole world turned upside down and aftermath of that, he still feels in his bones.

    From that day,till now,he never went out of city but no one knows this fear of him. Well, when they ever had noticed any of his feelings and emotions? He thought to himself and sighed.

     He came back home and started playing with ruhi. For world, she is just his niece,his late brother's child but only he knows what she meant to him. She was her saviour. She saved him all those years ago.If it was not her, maybe today, the great heart surgeon would have been in some mental asylum.

   Yes he loves her more than himself not just because he promised to his dying brother but because he doesn't want to keep himself free even for one second or else his memories will kill him. So he keep himself busy in hospital through back to back surgeries and in home behind Ruhi.

   Next day on breakfast table in birla house:-

     "Abhimanyu you have to go to attend conference in Shimla and no you don't have any choice. Harsh,me n Anand all three of us are busy and after us,only you can represent Birla hospital there. This is an order from MD of Birla hospital" Mahima dictated him in stern voice.

    Abhi started feeling restless.

" Poppy what happened to you? why are you sweating" innocent Ruhi asked him. Something which so called elders never noticed. Abhi hugged him.

"Nothing ru, I m perfectly fine" He said to her.

   Abhi reluctantly agreed to go as he didn't have choice. When he was going he hugged Ruhi as she was crying.

"Ru, please don't cry. If you will cry, I won't go"  Ruhi hugged him.

   " See my baby,I will be back before you even realise and will lookout for location. So in your next vacation,we will go there,ok?"Abhi tried his best to convince her.

    "Really?Ok go and bring me something from there" She demanded.

   "What do you want"? He asked

     "Anything which you love because your choice is best" She said to him.

    Abhi smiled at her innocence.
  ( What if it turned out anyone you love? Any idea?well let's see)

       Then he finally went away, saying final good bye to his family.He had this weird sensation in his heart. He was just wishing that his this trip goes like normal one not like last one.

      (Well it certainly will be not like last one but will it be normal one?no ways... again his life is going to turned upside down and he have no idea but this time he won't regret it)

        Far away in small town of kasauli..

     Akshu was living a complete different life from which she has dreamt of but when your dreams break in worst way possible you don't have a choice to choose. But in between all the disaster which came in her life, for one thing she is really grateful to God, for her little miracle.

    She is alive today and happy because of this only. Her little son, her Abhir.She will be forever grateful to that stranger who helped her when she was completely alone and have no idea what will she do with her life.That man selflessly did everything for her and still doing after all these years.She everyday pray to God to keep her little family safe and  sound. She can't afford anymore storm.

    ( Well, no matter how much you try,you can't change fate,do you? Then how she will be able to?She have no idea,a big storm is coming her way which will uproot everything again and create havoc in her happy,peaceful life. She will find herself in the centre of it and won't be able to escape it but the storm this time has some silver lining also)

      Akshu was so happy that she is going to showcase her small business in Shimla biggest farm produce festival. It was very big opportunity for her and she can't miss it. So she was doing all kind of preparation for that. One of her neighbour who used to support her in her business came to her and gave an awesome idea.After listening that,Akshu face lost all colors.

   " Didi, I came to share with you a very awesome news. You know,the ground where festival will took place adjacent of that, there is going to be a big medical conference where from all over India,people from medical field will come. We will tie up with organisers of that conference to showcase our products there also and will invite them in our festival and stall it will be so beneficial for us. Do you know what is even more exciting? for me atleast,there will be my biggest crush. I can't believe, I will see him face to face. You must be thinking how a doctor can be someone crush?Well, if you will see him then only you will realise. He is one of the most famous, handsome, intelligent heart surgeon of India, none other than Dr Abhimanyu Birla.Oh God, I can't wait to see him in front of my eyes"

     Her friend what uttered after that name, Akshu could not register. After 7 long years, she heard that name, a name  which was enough to give her worst nightmares and most beautiful dreams.A name which was her lifeline once upon a time and a name because of which she is here away from her family, in a small town.This one name, what meant to her, no one can ever understand.

    Akshu felt like she is about to have worst panick attack. Then she saw Abhir coming from school, her panick became even worse.

"No, this can't happen. I won't let this happen,no I won't" Akshu started saying frantically.

      That girl and Abhir both got scared looking at her like that. They had never seen her like this.They didn't know what happened to her and why she is behaving like this all of sudden?Abhir was so scared. He went inside and brought water for her. Made her drink water and hugged her tightly and tried to calm her.

    "Mamma ,what happened? please be relax. Please take breath, see I am here. Mamma, please calm down. Papa is not at home. How we will go to hospital?" Little Abhir tried his best to calm his mother.

Earlier it was only Abhi who could calm her in her worst panick attack but now when he was not there and somewhere reason of this attack then his mini version did his job perfectly.Akshu became normal after few minutes.Abhir hugged her again.

  " Mamma,what happened to you suddenly? I got so scared. Should I call doctor uncle and tell him to come here?"  Little but smart and intelligent Abhir enquired his mother.

  Akshu realised gravity of situation.Her current family doesn't know about anything of her previous life including her panick attack. So, she needs to handle this situation. She took Abhir hands in her and kissed it.

  " No my baby, I m perfectly fine.It's just due to preparation of festival, I didn't slept properly. So maybe due to tiredness it happened but now, I m good. Will take some rest and everything will be ok. Just one request, please don't say anything to your papa ok?" She told him.

Abhir agreed.

" And one more thing, we are not going to Shimla as I m not feeling well. So, I am thinking to take some rest" she said in her best convincing voice.
     Abhir just nodded his head..

" When will conference get over" Akshu asked to that girl.

"Saturday " she replied with sad face.

     Akshu did calculation in her head and  concluded that Abhi will leave Shimla after end of conference because of his busy schedule and his disinterest in traveling and exploring new places.So she has to somehow keep Abhir at home till Sunday because she can't take any chance.

    " Abhir, I was thinking as I am not feeling well.So, please don't go to school for couple of days and go school from Monday,ok?"

 .  She knew, Abhir was too intelligent and sharp and it's not easy to fool him and escape from his curious and extra alert mind, thanks to his genes but still she prayed to God that to let him accept her condition without asking any further questions.

    Abhir curious mind was working on jet speed. First his mom's condition then her cancelling Shimla trip for which she was so excited and now her telling him to not go to school this week.He was not able to understand,what happened suddenly? Why his mom is behaving so weird but still he reluctantly accepted her request without asking anything.

    Akshu felt like she just saved herself from a tornado and happily hugged Abhir.
    (But did she really escaped upcoming storm..well let's see)

         Abhi finally reached Shimla..he never visited this city before..well he is not a travel lover..n top of that his profession also didn't allowed him to experience this luxury...

        But being at that place...he felt something in the air...it was not just chilling winds..n seasonal snow...it was something more strong and thrilling..he can't pinpoint that feeling..but still he can sense it..
     It was giving him scary and still exciting vibes..

    " Well finally I m here...the queen of hills..I just hope this trip goes well..and no drama during it or after it...I can't afford it"
     ( Well life without drama becomes boring... isn't it?? btw he is going to love the drama ..this time...)

    At conference day:-
   . 
      Abhi was talking to some fellow doctors during break time..then he heard someone was calling him from behind..he turned back..and instantly had a big smile looking at the person..

   " Dr khatri..what a pleasant surprise..after all these years..how are you??"Abhi asked him after touching his feet as respect because he was one of his favourite professor in medical school ..

    Dr khatri felt so delighted after seeing his favourite student..is still the same humble grounded man..after getting such name and fame..he happily hugged him..

     " I am perfectly fine Abhimanyu..now settled in my home town after retirement..and opened a small hospital for my small town and nearby villages..so my time is just passing in that .
     I have read and heard about all of your acheievments..and I m so so proud of you" Dr khatri told him with voice full of pride and admiration...

    "Thank you so much sir...I have learned everything from people like you only...I am just trying to do my best..and I am so happy for what you are doing..if you need any help from me..please say ..I will be more than happy in helping you in your noble effort..as we have experience of running a hospital".

    Dr khatri went into silent mode and there was some hesitation on his face..
    Abhi sensed it..
    "Sir,you can share anything with me.. please don't hesitate.."

   "Abhimanyu, you are right..you are perfect person to share this... actually I came here for investment for my hospital..we are getting little grant from gov but it's not sufficient..we need more money..but no one want to invest in small town hospital...big doctors doesn't want to come there..and big investors doesn't see any profit..so they are not helping us..
   Can you help us in arranging few investments and trained hospital staff so that our hospital can work effectively.."

   "Done...you don't need to worry about anything else...I will try my best to help you in your efforts for bringing quality healthcare in affordable price for small town people.."

   "Where is your hospital "
    "Kasauli"
    "Ok ..let me first talk to my admin..if it is possible to reschedule my surgeries for few days and then I will talk you, give me few minutes"Abhi went to talk to his admin.

      At evening:-

    "Dr khatri..I have explained your proposal and condition to my hospital board members..and we have decided you will get all the support from birla hospital..we will tie up with your hospital to enhance its quality..and I have got 15days leave..to see your hospital and plan everything according to its needs...is that ok with you???"

   " abhimanyu..this is more than ..ok..I don't have words..to appreciate you..thank you so much"

    "Sir, please don't embarrass me..by saying such things..you know my profession is my first love..and I am ready to do anything for it's betterment.
    So, tomorrow after conference end..we will go to your place.."

    Dr khatri nodded and happily hugged him..he came like an angel in his life..he didn't expected at all..
   ( Well..who came like a real angel in whose life...we will see)

     Note for readers:-

   Abhimanyu will go kasauli in next chapter..sorry it became quite lengthy in setting up the background and base..
    Hope you all will like this.. please share your feedback..