~Expert~

Word count- 1135 

*WARNING*~ i will be putting slughorn's lesson on amortentia. But replacing Slughorn with Snape, and the half blood prince doesn't exist, well it does but no one knows about it. But they will use their books and harry doesn't get the book you know. SORRY if this isnt what you like!!

I stood near the front, my arms wrapped around my potions book infront of my chest. I stared at the ground, zoning out.

"Ms Massery, would you like to demonstrate or should i take points away from your house for not concentrating?" I snapped back to life and looked at Snape. 

Pansy pushed me a bit which made me give her a 'alright, jeez no need to push' look. I walked towards the cauldron.

"What do you want me to do, sir?" I ask, politely.

"Smell this potion and tell us what you smell." He looks at me, suspicously.

I sniff it. A familiar scent crashed into my face.

"I smell... some books? Smoke-" I hated the smell of smoke so i made a face.

"And... strong cologne. Like strong, strong cologne" 

The cologne filled my nose. Some girls behind me were edging closer, including Pansy. She looked intensly at the cauldron.

Snape closed the lid and they came back to reality. 

I smirked at Pansy and she just frowned at me.

I walked over to stand next to her.

I looked around and saw Draco quickly look away and a smirking Mattheo.

'What' I mouthed at him.

He bites his lip then looks away. I roll my eyes and put my attention on snape.

"Who can tell me, what this potion is?" He points to the cauldron i had demonstrated with.

A hand shot up at the front.

Of course, Granger. 

"Anyone?" He looked around disappointed.

"Fine, Granger?"

"Amortentia. A powerful love potion. Well it doesn't exactly create love but if you gave it to someone they would be attracted to you. Everyone has a different smell. Depending and what attracts them-" 

I raised my eyebrows. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

I looked and Mattheo again and he was edging closer to me. 

"Now, i want you all to make the best draught of living death. Whoever makes the best potion gets Felix Felicis. What is Felix Felicis, though?" 

A hand shot up in the air again. Granger.

Snape looks around the room.

"Anyone?"

"anyone other than Granger?" He says, boringly.

He sighs before calling on Granger.

"Felix Felicis is a luck potion. It gives the taker luck for 24 hours. It takes very long to prepare. Around 6 months i believe."

"Correct. You have 40 minutes to create the potion. Grab your books and make the potion."

I went over to the table me, Pansy, Draco, Blaise and Mattheo would work out. I set my book down and flipped through the pages.

"Hey princess, so who do you think you smelt?" I look up to see Mattheo smirking at me.

"Not you, for sure." I look back down and find the page.