~Sorted~

Word count-936

I stood at the front of the hall, waiting for the headmaster to address me. 

"Massery, Y/n"

I could feel everybody's, and i mean everybodys eyes on me. Every teacher stared at me.

I sat on the stool and after a second the hat was on my head.

I couldn't see anything.

Then a voice spoke, in a whisper.

"Ahh, another Massery"

Even the hat  knows about my brother

"Of course i do"

Shit it can hear me

"Yes i can, no cursing"

Sorry

"Your cunning yet very intelligent... puts up a good fight and a very good defender..."

"Better be...."

"SLYTHERIN"

The hat was lifted off my head. 

My jaw dropped, acknowledging what that hat said. 

I have a brother!? Why didn't Aunt Emma say? This is so confusing. Too much has happened in a day. 

I heard cheers from the green table. Pansy waved at me and gestured me to sit next to her. I walked over, sat down, and stared at my plate.

 I could feel someones eyes on me. 

I looked up at the table and saw Riddle staring. I gave him a dirty look before looking at the front.

The headmaster stood behind his stand. 

"Im sure you all are dying to eat, so i will give my speech after"

Food appeared, loads of food. It looked so delicious. But i lost my appetite. All the new information is making me feel a bit nauseous.

 First of all, my life is close to danger. 

Secondly, i have a brother who was very loyal to Voldemort.

"Y/n, are you going to eat?" Pansy asks.

"Yeah, just thinking."

I looked at Malfoy. He looked pale and scared. Probably scared about me beating his ass.

"Pansy, whats wrong with Malfoy?" I ask, keeping my eyes on him. 

"I dont know, hes been acting strange since we met up."

After everybody in the hall had a full stomach, Dumbledore stood up.

"As you all know, we have a new teacher.. but he doesn't seem to be here yet. Anyway, we have a new student. Y/n Massery"

"Please welcome her with kindness and respect"

Most of the people gave me dirty looks.

Guess they know about my brother.

"This year, at Hogwarts, will be slightly different. There will be two wizarding school that will come over to participate in a tournament.

The great hall door opened, showing some men carrying a huge stand, which was covered.

They bought it to the front and left.

The great hall doors closed but then opened again, showing beautiful girls in light blue dresses, walking in. 

At the back, a tall women, with short hair, came to the front. Dumbledore took her hand and kissed it.

"Madam Maxime"

"Dumbledore"

She sat at the staff table.

Her students sat at the Ravenclaw table.

Then the doors banged open. 

Handsome boys started walking, with huge walking stick which they banged onto the floor. They made huge sparks and a few marks on the ground.

Viktor Krum and a tall man were at the back. The man had very messy hair and it looked greasy.

"Karkaroff!"

"Dumbledore!"

He came to the front and gave Dumbledore a big hug.

The boys sat on our table and Karkaroff sat at the staff table

Dumbledore stood by the covered stand and held out his hand. The stand started uncovering what was underneath it.

A bronze goblet showed.

"This year will be different. There will be a tournament which will take place here, at Hogwarts."

A man came forward, he had grey hair, grey mustache and a digusted look on his face.

"For the health and safety reasons, students who are over the age of 17 will be able to participate-"

Loads of boos filled the hall.

"SILENCE" Dumbledore shouted.

The hall went quiet.

"One student from each school will be able to participate in this Tournament. There will be 3 dangerous tasks. The first person who finishes all the tasks will win-"

Dumbledore pulled off the cloth that was covering.

A bright blue trophy.

"The Triwizard Cup"

The goblet lit up with blue flames.

Dumbledore stood at the front.

"Those who would like to participate may write their names and their school and put it in the goblet of fire.

He puts a glowing white line around the Goblet of Fire.

"Off to bed now, Pip Pip!"

Everyone got up and started heading back to the common rooms.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I sat at my desk, finishing my letter to Aunt Emma.

My owl sat next to me, close to falling to sleep.

I put down my quill and read my letter again.

Aunt Emma, 

Hey Aunt! Hogwarts is so pretty, especially at night! 

Aunt, how come you never told me i had a brother? I made a few friends and when they heard my last name they asked about my brother but i didnt know i had a brother.

They said he was expelled and worked for You-Know-Who. And apparently, hes on the run. Hes looking for me. 

Aunt please explain, is this what you meant, 'stay away from danger'?

Please send a letter by tomorrow.

Love from, 

Y/n xx

I folded the letter, put it in an envelope, wrote 'Aunt Emma' and closed it. 

"Hey Emerald, can you take this to my aunt? I promise tomorrow ill give you some more treats"

Her green eyes widened. She took the letter in her mouth and flew out the window. 

I collapsed in bed, staring at the ceiling. 

I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep.