Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 22

I continue to caress his hair softly. Looks like we'll be here for a while. I look around the room, smiling softly to myself. This room is where everything started between him and I. Now, we're together and I can't be happier about that.

-He's Being Weird-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up and realize we're still in the same room. I have my back leaning against a wall. Bruno is still asleep on my lap. I smile softly as I caress his hair. He moves in his sleep and finally wakes up as well.

He look around, almost looking sad. "So... it's all just a dream. I should have known. It was all too good to be true anyway" he said, sounding disheartened. I stare at him in confusing.

"A dream? What are you talking about, Bruno?" I asked. He turns to look at me and his eyes widened. "Wait... so that wasn't a dream?!" He said. I tilt my head slightly in confusion.

"What is?" I asked. He moves to sit up and throws his arms around me. I yelp at his sudden moves, while he buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"Everything that happened. The miracle... you... and me going back home. I thought it was all just a dream..." he said, softly. I blink my eyes and smiles softly. I wrap my arms around him.

"None of it is a dream, Bruno. It really did happened..." I said. He pulls away and smiles at me. I smile and gently pinch his cheek. He cups my cheeks softly and place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and kisses him back. I wrap my arms around his neck, lifting my hand up to his head. I gently run my hand through his hair.

We pull away for breath. He leans his forehead against mine. "We should probably get out of here. Seems like we've stayed here all night. The others must be worried about you" I said. He gulps at what I said, making me tilt my head.

"Are you sure it wasn't a dream?" He asked. I just roll my eyes and stands up. "Oh come on..." I said. He places his hand in mine. I pull him up to his feet. I start pulling him out of the hideout.

We finally reach outside. Bruno starts fiddling as he look around nervously. "Bruno!!" Someone yelled out, making him jump. I turn my head to see Pepa. She rushes towards us, throwing her arms around her brother.

"Where have you been?! We've been looking for you... both of you! I was so worried!" She said. Bruno blinks his eyes and smiles sheepishly. "Sorry. I was um..." he said. I gently slip my hand in his.

"It's okay, Bruno..." I said. He turns to look at me and smiles softly. I turn to look at Pepa. "Sorry, we didn't mean to make you worried" I said. Pepa smiles softly at me. She pulls me into a hug.

"You're both okay... that's what matters" she said. I just smile and hugs her back. "What about that guy?" I asked. She pulls away and scowls. I know that face is for that guy and not directed towards me.

"Mami will banish him and his family for what he has done. They're no longer welcomed in Encanto" she said. I just nod my head at what she said. That's good... I won't have to worry about the guy trying anything ever again. I still feel upset with what he did last night.

"Come on... it's time for breakfast. Everyone will feel relieved to see you both" Pepa said, smiling at us. We just nod our heads and follows her as she walks off first. I slip my hand in Bruno's gently as we walk. He turns to look at me and smiles. He gently entwined our hands, making me smile softly.

When we reach the dining room, everyone turns to look at us. "Tio Bruno!" Mirabel said, rushing towards him and throws her arms around him. I smile softly at the sight of uncle and niece. The others looks relieved that Bruno is alright.

We gather around the dining table. As always, Abuela start with her usual speech. How Encanto was created to protect us. Then we start eating our meals.

***

Bruno said he needs to do something. But that was since afternoon. I try to look for him all over the country. But he's nowhere in sight. I start to feel worried that he might be feeling down again.

I come across Luisa who's helping the citizen. "Luisa!" I called out. She stops walking and turn to look at me. "Oh, Tia Y/N. Is there anything I can help?" She asked. I walk up to her.

"Have you seen your uncle Bruno anywhere? He told me he gave something to do since noon. But I haven't seen him until now" I asked. I notice her acting a little weird, which lets me know that Bruno is up to something. Luisa is known to have a trait of her eyes twitching whenever she hides something.

"Is Bruno okay?" I asked, worriedly. She gulps nervously. I notice that she's slowly inching away, as if trying to find the right moment to run off. "Uhh... yeah! Tio is... Tio is fine! Uhh... bye!!" She said. She turns around and runs off with the donkeys on her shoulders. I blink my eyes in confusion and let out a sigh.

"Where are you, Bruno..." I muttered to myself. I have tried to look for him all over the place. But still can't find him. I tried to use my psychometric ability. The only thing I found in my visions are too random and still no Bruno in any of them. In the end, I just give up. I turn around and head back to Casita for now.

I reach my room and lay down on my bed. I stare at the ceiling, with my hands behind my head. Bruno is okay when he's with me this morning. But after a while, he's acting... weird. I sure hope that he's alright.

I let out a sigh and turn to lay on my side. I should just take a nap for now. Hopefully, Bruno will return soon. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*