Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

I let out a giggle. Even Casita is happy to see Bruno and I together. God... I'm so excited for this date. I wonder what Bruno have prepared for me.

-First Date-

Y/N P.O.V

"Can't you just tell me where we are going, Bruno?" I said. He turns to look at me and shake his head. "No. It won't be a surprise..." he said. I just pout at him. He lets out a chuckle. He place a gentle kiss on my cheek. I can feel my cheeks getting warmer at his bold move.

"What was that for?" I asked. He looks to me with a raised eyebrow. "What? I need to have a reason to give my girlfriend a kiss?" He said. I blink my eyes at his question. When did Bruno learn to be so bold? What happened to the usually awkward Bruno?

"Who are you? And what have you done to Bruno?" I said, pointing at his cheek. "What do you mean, Mi Vida?" He asked, looking at me in confusion. "Bruno usually shy... why did you become so bold?" I asked. He blinks his eyes and let out a laugh.

"I'm still the same... here" he said. He lift my hand and gently place it against his chest. I can feel his heart beating at a really fast pace. "Oh..." I said, as I realize he's trying not to show that he's actually shy. I turn to look at him and notice his cheeks turning red.

"Ah... there's the Bruno I know" I said, gently poking his cheek. He let out a huffed, as he moves my hand from his cheek. "I just thought that maybe if I show you my bold side, you'd love me more" he said. I let out a chuckle. I place a quick kiss on his lips. He let out a squeak of surprise.

"You don't have to change yourself for me, Bruno. I love you for who you are..." I said, smiling softly at him. He smiles happily and wraps his arms around me. I wrap my arms around his torso. He buries his face into the crook of my neck.

"Thank you, Mi Vida..." he said, in a soft voice. I just snuggle my head against his chest. He runs his hand through my hair, placing a soft kiss on the side of my head. I turn my head slightly and kisses his cheek. He start to blush from my gesture, which makes me giggle. We pull away and start to walk again.

***

Bruno ended up taking me to a small lake. The place is beautiful. "What are we doing here?" I asked. He smiles and points at a certain direction. I turn my head and notice a blanket.

"A picnic?" I said. He nods his head. "A little cliche... I know. But this is all I could think of now..." he said, letting out a nervous chuckle. I shake my head and gently pull him towards the blanket.

"It's perfect. The day is sunny too... looks like Pepa is in a good mood today" I said. He lets out a laugh and nods his head. He gently grab my hand, giving it a light squeeze. "Of course... she's happy for us..." he said. I smile and nod my head.

"Julieta helped me prepare these..." he said. I raise my eyebrow in surprise. "But she helped me prepare myself. Wait... was that Camilo?" I said, looking at him with shock written all over my face. He let out a laugh. "Yeah... probably" he said, nodding his head. I let out a chuckle and shake my head.

"That's why Julieta sounded a little strange earlier. Now it make sense... that was Camilo. I wonder if Pepa even notice that Julieta is her son all along" I said. He just shrugs his shoulders.

He opens the basket and take out the food. I help him arrange the picnic blanket. We just sit there and eat the food. Julieta is a really good cook. Of course, it's part of her gift.

After the food is done. Bruno lays his head on my lap. I gently play with his hair, as he lay down with his eyes close. "Can you sing, Mi Vida?" He asked, suddenly.

"A little. Yeah..." I said. He opens his eyes and smiles at me. "Can you sing for me?" He said, looking at me with a hopeful gaze. "I'm not sure if my voice is any good though" I said. "Well... I'll be the judge to that" he said. I let out a hum and nod my head. I take a deep breath and start to sing.

When your soul finds the soul it was waiting for
When someone walks into your heart through an open door
When your hand finds the hand it was meant to hold
Don't let go
Someone comes into your world
Suddenly your world has changed forever
No there's no one else's eyes
That could see into me
No one else's arms can lift
Lift me up so high
Your love lifts me out of time
And you know my heart by heart, whoa, whoa

He moves to sit up and turn his body to face me. He stays silent as he listens to me singing a song Heart By Heart. He looks... amazed?

Once the song is over, Bruno just keeps staring at me. I clear my throat to gain his attention. He just blink his eyes. He looks speechless.

"Did I sound that bad?" I said, frowning because of his lack of reaction. "What?? Bad... no, Mi Vida. You sound amazing.. your voice is very soothing" he said. I blush at his compliment.

"Oh... right. I uh... got you something" he said. He reaches inside his pocket. He takes out a small box. He outstretch his hand, offering it to me. "What is this?" I asked. He smiles at me. "Open it..." he said. I nod my head and gently open the box.

"An hourglass necklace?" I said, turning to look at Bruno

"An hourglass necklace?" I said, turning to look at Bruno. He smiles and nods his head. "Yeah... I just thought, why not? I see the future... while you see the past. Our gift revolved around time" he said. I smile at him.

"Thank you, Bruno... I love it" I said. He gently take the necklace from my hand. He gestures me to turn around. I do as told. He gently place the necklace around my neck, clasping it.

I turn to look at him and smile. He gently cups the side of my cheek. "I love you, Mi Vida..." he said. I lean against his touch. "I love you too" I said. He slowly leans in, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck. I tilt my head slightly, deepening the kiss. God... I love this guy so much.

*to be continued*