Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

"You should stay here and help her, Y/N" he said, turning to look at me. "Okay" I said, smiling at him. He smiles at me. "Knock knock knock knock. Knock on wood!" He said. He crosses his fingers and head inside the secret passage. Don't worry, Bruno... I'll bring you back to your family. I promise.

-The House Is Falling Apart-

Y/N P.O.V

I turn to look at Mirabel. "So... are you ready to hug your sister?" I said. "Mmm... let's save the miracle. With a hug" she said. I can hear the annoyance in her voice. I just shake my head and let out a soft chuckle.

She opens the door to Isabela's. "Isa... Are you in here? You know I'm renady to be a good sister. So l think we should try to get along? How about we hug, eh?" She said, with her arms outstretched as she take a look around Isabela's room.

I look at her with a hopeful gaze. I just hope Isabela and Mirabel can settle their difference and actually share an embrace. That way their family's miracle will be saved.

"Hug it... out?" Someone said. The two of us turn to the voice. The bed is slowly lowering down. I can see Isabela siting there with an annoyed face. "Luisa can't lift an empanada. Mariano's nose looks like a smashed papaya. Have you lost your mind?!" She yelled the last part, looking angry.

"Isa, I feel like you're upset...and you know what cures being upset? A warm embrace" Mirabel said, spreading her arms. "Get out..." Isabela said. Two vines appear, forming a cross in front of Mirabel. Mirabel looks angry. She opens her mouth and start to protest, so Isabela makes a flowers pops up and covers her mouth.

"Everything was perfect! Abuela was happy, the family was happy, you wanna be a better sister, apologize for ruining my life!" Isabela said, in a stern voice as she walks towards Mirabel. Mirabel looks at her in annoyance.

"Go on... apologize..." she said, smirking at her. "I... am... sorry. That your life is SO great!" Mirabel said, glaring angrily at her. I gently slap my forehead. Is she serious? Isabela would only feel annoyed by her comment.

"Out!" Isabela said. "Wait! Fine, I apologize! I wasn't trying to ruin your life. Some of us have a bigger problem, you selfish entitled princess!" Mirabel said. "Mirabel..." I said, sighing while shaking my head.

"Selfish?! I've been stuck being perfect my whole entire life and literally the only thing you have ever done for me is mess things up!" She yelled angrily at Mirabel. "Nothing is messed up! You can still marry that big, dumb hunk-" Mirabel said.

"I NEVER WANTED TO MARRY HIM. I WAS DOING IT FOR THE FAMILY!!" Isabela said, cutting her off. A plant appear on the ground. I take a close look at it and realize it's a cactus.

"Oh my gosh. Isa... that is a very serious confession" Mirabel said. Isabela ignores her as she continues to stare at the plant. "Okay, get over here. Bring it in" she added.

"Isa?" Mirabel said, once she realize Isabela isn't responding to her. Isabela reaches down and grab the plant, closely observing it.

I... just made something unexpected
Something sharp
Something new
It's not symmetrical or perfect but
It's beautiful
And it's mine
What else can I do?

She starts to sing. "Isa... this is the part where we..." Mirabel said. Isabela looks excited as she stares at the cactus in her hands.

"Wait!" Mirabel said. Isabela ignores her and walks off. Mirabel quickly chases after her.

Bring it in, bring it in,
Good talk, bring it in, bring it in
Let's walk! Bring it in, bring it in

I just stare at the two siblings as they starts to sing. I jump in fright a plant appear out of nowhere. I turn around and runs out of the house.

I watch as Isabela and Mirabel starts dancing around on top of the roof. Isabela eventually pulls Mirabel in for a tight embrace. This makes me smile softly. I let out a happy laugh when I watch the cracks slowly mend themselves. The miracle will be saved!

They jump in the air and lands on a pile of flowers beneath. Isabela lets out a happy giggle and turn to Mirabel. "You're a bad influence" she said, flicking a flower at Mirabel.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Someone yelled. I turn my head to see Senora Alma. I quickly rush towards her. "Senora... they were just-" I stopped mid-sentence because she raises her hand, shutting me up.

"Y/N... I welcomed you into this family. You should have been helping me in looking after my family. But you let them lose control! What is wrong with you?! I made a mistake in letting you stay here" she said. I just look down at what she said. It hurts so much.

"Abuela, no. Tia Y/N was just trying to look out for me. She didn't try to ruin our family" Mirabel said, trying to stand up for me. She turns to look at her.

"You have to stop, Mirabel! The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control, because of you. I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!" She said. I can hear cracking sounds. I turn my head to see the house slowly cracking.

"I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try" Mirabel said, tears slowly gathering in her eyes. "No matter how hard any of us tries... Tia Y/N is only trying to help. "Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough. Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him" Mirabel said. "Bruno didn't care about this family!" Senora said.

"He loves this family! I love this family. We all love this family! You're the one that doesn't care! You're the one breaking our home!" Mirabel said. "Don't you ever!" Senora said. But Mirabel didn't back down. "The miracle is dying, because of you!!" She said.

As soon as she said that. The cracks starts to grow rapidly. "No, no, no!" Pepa said. Mirabel quickly turns around and rush to save the candle. Camilo and Isabela doing the same. But their powers soon give up.

Casita quickly move us out of the house. Julieta and Agustin yelling for Mirabel to get out of the house, to leave the candle because the house is breaking. I fall on my back as we are thrown out.

"Mirabel! Get out! The house is breaking!!" I yelled, getting up. But she didn't listen. I watched in horror as the house breaks into pieces. I drop on my knees as I stare at the remaining of the house. The place I can see as my home... is broken.

*to be continued*