Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

I turn to look at him and smile. He gently cups the side of my cheek. "I love you, Mi Vida..." he said. I lean against his touch. "I love you too" I said. He slowly leans in, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck. I tilt my head slightly, deepening the kiss. God... I love this guy so much.

-Insecurities-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm currently in the kitchen, helping Julieta cooks some food for today's lunch. She told me to cut the veggies, so that's what I'm doing right now. I sit on the chair as I slowly cut the veggies.

I'm a bit stiff while holding the knife, since it has been a while since I've touched any cutting utensils because of my psychometric power. Every time I hold something, I would start seeing random things in my head... which can be annoying sometimes. But now that I'm able to control it, I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I hear a soft giggle and turn my head. Julieta have her hand covering her mouth. "What?" I asked. "Are you sure you can handle the cutting, Y/N?" She said. I smile sheepishly at her. "It's been a while since I hold any cutting utensil... guess I'm a bit stiff" I said. She let out a giggle and shakes her head.

"If it makes you feel awkward... don't force it. You might ended up hurting yourself" she said, looking at me with a worried gaze. I just smile at her and shake my head. "I'll be fine..." I said. I wince when I feel a stinging pain on my finger. I lift my hand to see a small cut on the tip of my finger.

"See? I told you. Here... eat this" Julieta said, handing me one of her cooking. I take it from her and eat it. I stare in awe as the cut on my finger instantly heals. "I don't think I'd ever get tired seeing this" I said. Julieta let out a soft chuckle and gently nudge me. I let out a giggle.

I flinch when I feel a pair of arms snaking around my waist from behind. I turn my head slightly to see Bruno. "You scared me..." I said. He let out a chuckle, while he place his chin on my shoulder.

"Sorry, Mi Vida..." he said. He pulls away slightly and places a gentle kiss on the my cheek. I blush at his sudden gesture. I hear a soft giggle and turn my head to look at Julieta.

"What?" I asked. She shakes her head as she calms down. "Nothing... it's just. You two are so cute" she said. I just smile at what she said. I turn to Bruno and gently pinch his nose. He smiles and nudge his nose with mine. I let out a soft giggle, while a blush appear on my cheeks.

"Oh, right Y/N... we'll be having some guests tonight. So can you give me a hand to prepare everything?" Julieta said. I turn to look at her. "Oh sure thing. Who's going to come?" I asked. She wipes her hands and turns to look at me.

"Mariano's family... along with some of their relatives. They're here because they want to propose Dolores..." she said. I grin at what she said. "Awee... I'm so happy Dolores finally the man of her dreams to love her back! She must be so happy! Isn't that right, Bruno?" I said, turning to look at my boyfriend. He smiles and nods his head in agreement, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer.

Julieta holds my hands together, grinning happily at me. "Everyone's so happy now. The miracle is saved. Dolores found her love, and so is Bruno" she said, gesturing to her brother. I turn to Bruno and smiles softly at him. He smile softly at me. He gently place a soft kiss on the side of my head.

***

It's now night time. Mariano's family will be coming any time now. We have prepared everything. Isabela decorate the place with various kinds of flowers. Ever since Casita is saved and everyone managed to gain a better control of their powers, everything is more colorful now.

I hear a knock on my door. I walk towards it to reveal Mirabel. "Oh, Mirabel. Hello..." I said. She grins happily at me and holds up a dress. "Tada~ I have made you a dress for tonight's occasion, Tia Y/N!" She said, proudly.

"Oh Mirabel

"Oh Mirabel... this is gorgeous. Thank you so much" I said. She grins happily and offers me the dress. I take it from her and smiles as I admire the beautiful dress. She gives me a quick hug and turns around, walking away. I smile at how sweet she is. I close the door and admire the dress.

I change into the dress and admire myself in the mirror. It hugs my body well. I smile to myself at how beautiful this dress looks. Mirabel is talented in designing beautiful dresses. She should open a boutique or something.

"Y/N? Are you ready?" I hear someone said, while giving the door a soft knock. I instantly recognize the voice as Bruno's. "Come on in, Bruno... I'm all ready" I said. The door opens to reveal Bruno. His eyes widened as he stares at me.

"Do I look okay?" I asked, turning around to face him. He blinks his eyes and nods his head. "You're so beautiful..." he said. I smile at him and walk up to him. I gently wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you, love... and you look handsome" I said. He smiles at me and leans down, gently pressing his lips with mine. I smile into the kiss and kisses him back. I run my hand through his hair gently.

Time-skip

Everyone is now enjoying the party. Mariano's proposal to Dolores is a success, making the two of them officially engaged. The two of them looks so happy.

I'm currently standing by the drinks, taking a sip from my cup. I feel a presence next to me and turn my head. "Oh Carl... I didn't expect to see you here" I said. He smiles at what I said.

"Well... I'm Mariano's uncle. So of course I'd be here" he said. I just hum softly and nod my head, smiling at him. "You look really pretty, Y/N..." he said. I smile at what he said, not wanting to seem rude.

Bruno P.O.V

I look around the place, trying to find my girlfriend. But I can't seem to find her anywhere. That is until I hear the sound of familiar giggle. I turn my head to see it's Y/N... with Carl.

I feel a pang of jealousy growing within me. But mainly a feeling of insecurity. Y/N looks like she's enjoying herself around him. I wonder if she's just happy when she's with me. Even though she assures me that she loves me. I can't help but doubt myself every time I see her laughing with another man. Do I really deserve her?

*to be continued*