Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

He turns to me and gently place his hand on my hip. I take a step closer to him. I place my hand on his shoulder. We smile at each other and starts to sway, following the music. For some reason... being this close to Bruno. I feel warmth in my heart.

Am I... in love?

-Jealousy-

Y/N P.O.V

As usual, I wale up because casita is shaking my bed. "Okay, casita, I'm awake" I said in a sleepy tone. Casita finally stops shaving my bed. I move and place my feet on the floor and stand up. I lift my arms above my head and do some stretches.

'I wonder what I should do today' I though to myself. I walk towards the bathroom and start my morning routine. Starting with a shower, obviously. I let myself relax under the water, the warmth helps me relax my tensed muscles.

Once I'm done with showering, I put on my bathrobe and head back to my room. I put on my usual clothes. After I make sure that I look good, I make my way out of my room. It's still time for breakfast, Everyone must be at the dining room, so that's where I'm heading to.

"Good morning, everyone" I said, smiling at them. They turn and smile at me. I walk over and take a seat next to Bruno. "Morning, Y/N" he said,smiling at me. I can feel my heart beating faster. Ever since I realize that I have fallen in love with him, I find it hard to stay calm around him. My heart would start beating like crazy.

"Hello?" someone said, waving a hand in front of my face. "Huh?" I said, snapping out of my thought. I turn my head and see Bruno. "Are you okay, Y/N?" He said, looking at me worriedly. "Uh... yeah. I'm fine" I said, smiling at him. He just nods his head at my answer.

***

I'm just walking around the town. Ever since what happened back then when I tried to look for a missing cat, which leads to me collapsing. None of them asked for my help. They seem to be worrying about me, and they don't want to see me sick.

I come across a lake. I decide to take a seat near it. I let my feet dangle over the dock, the tip of my feet touches the water. I smile happily at the refreshing sensation.

"Hey... do you mind if I join you?" Someone said. I turn my head to see a guy my age. "Um... sure..." I said. He smiles and take a seat next to me. I just turn my head away and focus on the scenery in front of me.

"I'm Carl by the way. I'm kinda new to this town. Me and my family just moved here a couple of days ago" he said. I turn to look at him. "Well then... Welcome to Encanto, Carl" I said, smiling at him. "Thank you. You, uh... haven't told me your name?" He said. "Oh, right. I'm Y/N L/N..." I said. He offers a hand for me to shake. "Beautiful..." he said.

He lift my hand to his lips. He place a tender kiss on the back of my hand. I just blink my eyes in surprise at his action. "Thanks, I guess..." I said, smiling softly at him. He just grins at me. I turn my head to the scenery once again.

"So uh... since I'm kinda new around here. Do you mind showing me around?" He said. I turn to look at him. "Sure... let's go" I said. I move to stand up and he follows in suit.

Bruno P.O.V

I walk through the village. I try my best to ignore the stares everyone is giving me. Even after all the things that have happened. They are all still skeptical about me.

I hear a sound of soft giggling. I know that sound. I turn my head to see Y/N. She's talking to a guy. She seems to be laughing at whatever that guy is saying to her. Who is he? I've never seen him around.

I can see Y/N blushing when the guy tuck her hair behind her ear. The sight makes my heart clenches painfully against my chest. Of course... what do I expect? I mean... why would I expect someone who's perfect like Y/N be with someone like me? A future-telling freak. Everyone hated me because of my gift.

I give Y/N one last glance. I turn around and decide to head back to Casita. I need time by myself to calm down. It hurts so bad to see Y/N laughing and being happy with another guy.

Even though I know that she will never be with me... some part of me still wish that I still have a chance to at least be able to call her mine, even if it's for just a short amount of time. Because

I'm in love with her

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I look at the sky to see it's starting to her pretty dark. I turn to look at Carl. "It's starting to get dark. I have to head back. Senora Alma would be mad if I come home late" I said. His face turns into a sad one. But he mask it with a smile.

"Thanks for the tour, Y/N..." he said. "Anytime..." I said, smiling at him. "So I guess I'll see you around?" He said, with a hopeful smile. "Maybe..." I said. He just nods his head. I wave at him and turn around. I start to walk towards Casita.

Dinner Time

I make my way towards the dining room where the others would be. I take a seat next to Bruno. "Hello, Bruno" I said. He turns to me and nod his head. He just looks down after that. I look at him in confusion.

"Did something happened? Why are you acting so gloomy? Are you sick or something?" I asked. He shakes his head. "Nothing... I'm fine" he said. "Are you sure?" I said. He just nods his head, without saying anything else.

I feel eyes on me and turn my head to see it's Pepa and Julieta. They look away from me as soon as they realize I'm looking back at them. They're all acting so weird right now... Especially Bruno. Why are they behaving like this? Did I do or say something wrong to them? Just what is going on?!

I frown as I start to eat in silence. I'm gonna have to confront Bruno later on. He never acted like this to me. He's usually so sweet and kind. But now he's being so cold and distant towards me. I wonder what is going on with her.

*to be continued*