Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

I stare at the wall as I recall Bruno's reaction when I told him what Mirabel saw. He looks panicked... it makes me feel worried. Something is wrong around here. He knows something, but I don't wanna invade his privacy by looking into his past. I let out a sigh as I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Bruno's Tower-

Y/N P.O.V

Senora Alma didn't ask me to use my power for the community that much. She knows how much it drain my strength. Especially since I fainted from using too much of it, along with a nose bleed.

I'm sitting under the tree shade, leaning my back against the tree. I have a book in my hand as I read. I want to visit Bruno, but I don't want the others to suspect me.

I hear footsteps coming closer to me. I look up to see Mirabel. She walks towards me and take a seat next to me. "Hi Tia Y/N" she said, smiling at me. "Hello, Mirabel" I said. She take a seat next to me. "Why do you seem to disappear a lot?" She said. I froze at her question. What should I say?? I couldn't possibly told her that I've been meeting up with Bruno in his small hideout.

"Tia Y/N? Helloooo?" Mirabel said, waving her hand in front of my face. I blink and shake my head. I turn to look at her. "Huh? What?" I said. "I'm asking why do you keep on disappearing out of nowhere..." she said. "I uhh... it's. Um..." I stuttered out. She raise an eyebrow at me.

"I just like to spend some time alone. Since I'm used to being alone back home" I said. She lets out a soft hum at what I said. "I'm guessing you found a spot where you can be by yourself?" She said. I nod my head at what she said. "Yeah. Pretty much..." I said, smiling at her. "Okay then..." she said, nodding her head. She stands up and walks away.

Once Mirabel is out of sight, I let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness, that was so close. If she had stayed just a couple of seconds longer, I might ended up spilling everything. I wonder what Bruno is doing right now. I might as well visit him later. I shake my head, letting myself out of my daze. I turn my head and focus on the book.

***

I walk inside the La Casita. Out of the corner of my eyes I can see Mirabel sneaking. 'I wonder what she is up to' I thought to myself. I decided to follow her, to make sure she stay out of trouble.

She walks up the stairs. I notice the a door with the name Bruno written on it. I furrow my eyebrow at the sight. What's she doing in Bruno's room? She opens the door and went inside.

I slowly make my way up. I peek inside the room to see Mirabel falling through a wall of sand. "Mirabel!" I yelled. I rush forward and didn't manage to stop myself in time, resulting me in falling through the wall of sand as well.

I hear a loud groan as I land on the sand. But later realize it's not sand, but Mirabel. I let out a gasp and quickly get off of her.

"I am so sorry..." I said. "It's fine, Tia. Wait... what're you doing here??" She said. "Well... I saw you enter. I was curious and follows you. I panicked when I saw you fall through. I rush to see if you're okay, but as you can see... I ended up falling through as well. But anyway, why did you come here??" I said. "I need to find something" she said.

"What?" I asked. "Tio Bruno's vision. I need to know what's hurting the magic" she said. I just hum at her answer. She smiles at me and starts to walk. I follow her quietly.

She stops walking and turn to look at me. "What?" I asked. "Why are you still following me?" She said. "Isn't it obvious? I'm coming with you" I said. She looks at me in surprise. "You are?" She said. "I'm the older one here. So I'm responsible for you" I said, in a stern voice.

"Roger that, Tia..." she said, saluting me. I just chuckle and ruffle her hair. Aside from wanting to look out for her, I also want to see what's inside Bruno's room.

I hear flapping sound and turn my head to see a toucan. Most likely it's Antonio's friend. "Hello..." Mirabel said, smiling at the bird. It chitters at us in response. We turn our head to look forward and gasp.

"That's a lot of stairs..." Mirabel said. "Tell me about it" I responded. "Well... at least we'll have a friend" she said. The toucan flies up. "Nope... the toucan fly away right away" I said, giggling. Mirabel let's out a huff. We look at each other and shrugs. We start to go up the stairs while Mirabel starts to sing.

A Few Moments Later

"You would think there'd be another way to get so high cause we're magic, but no -- magical, how many stairs fit in here! Bruno, your room is the worst!!" Mirabel yelled out in the end. I shake my head and let out a giggle.

"Why aren't you tired, Tia?" She said. I just shrugs my shoulders. "I'm used to it... I climbed Encanto's mountain to get here, remember?" I said. She just huffed as she continues to breathe heavily.

Eventually, we finally reach the top. But there's a gap between, with a broken bridge. "Oh come on!" She whined. "How are we going to cross it?" I asked. She breaks a wood that have a string on it.

"Um... I'll go first. Just to make sure it's safe" I said, taking the rope from her. I didn't give her a chance to argue as I swing forward. I manage to land on the other side swiftly.

"Okay! Your turn!!" I said. I throw the rope back to her. She takes a deep breath and swings. I quickly grab her, so she won't fall to her death. She smiles thankfully at me.

We turn our head to see a cave. Mirabel grabs my hand. I can feel how tense her hand is. Thankfully, I'm wearing my glove or I'll start seeing her pasts. I don't want to invade that, unless she wants me to.

We got startled by rats and the toucan flies away. I take a deep breath as we make our way further. The room is filled with sand. I'm guessing this is the cave Bruno told me about. His vision cave, where he will use his gift.

I got snapped out of my thought when I hear the sound of creaking. I turn my head to see the door is moving, until it slams shut. I froze in my spot as I stare at the door wide-eyed.

Uh oh...

*to be continued*

The Destiny We Share (Bruno Madrigal X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें