Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

I feel a pang of jealousy growing within me. But mainly a feeling of insecurity. Y/N looks like she's enjoying herself around him. I wonder if she's just happy when she's with me. Even though she assures me that she loves me. I can't help but doubt myself every time I see her laughing with another man. Do I really deserve her?

-Comfort-

Y/N P.O.V

Carl is still here, talking to me. I'm trying to think of a reason to walk away from him. I know how sensitive Bruno can be. If he sees me talking to this man, he will feel uncomfortable. But I can't seem to find any reason and I don't want to just walk away. It would be rude to.

I turn my head and notice Bruno staring my way. Oh no... what I'm trying to avoid actually happens. Hm, might as well introduce him as my boyfriend to Carl. That way he will know that I'm taken.

"Hey, Carl..." I said, turning my head to look at him. I flinch when I feel a kiss on my cheek. I take a step back and stare at Carl in shock. I turn my head to see Bruno walking away with his head down.

"Bruno!!" I called out. But he ignores me and keeps on walking. I clench my hands into tight fists as I turn to look at Carl. He's looking at me with an idiotic smile on his face.

"How dare you?!" I yelled out. The music instantly stops at my sudden outburst. I feel everyone turning their gazes on us. I hear footsteps coming towards us. I feel a hand on my shoulder, making me turn my head to see Pepa.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" She asked, looking at me with a worried gaze. I turn to look at Carl with an angry face. "He kissed my cheek without permission! And Bruno saw everything! Oh my God... this is messed up. He's going to misunderstood everything" I said. I bit my lips at the thought as I run my hand through my hair.

"So what? You're so much better off with me anyway. Why'd you want to be with a freak like him anyway. You'd be happier with me, beautiful" Carl said. He try to hold my hand, but I yank it away from him. I turn to look at him in annoyance. How dare he talks down on Bruno like that!

"So what? So what?? First of all, who gave you the right to just do that, huh? And second, I'm taken! I'm not even the slightest bit interested in you! I love Bruno and I don't want anyone else but him! So don't you dare talk bad about him! Get that through that stupid thick head of yours! And leave me alone!" I said, angrily. I slap Carl right on his face with all my strength. The impact sent him sprawling on the floor. I turn around and storms off.

Once I'm far away, I take a deep breath to calm myself. I need to talk to Bruno. I need to make sure he won't take things the wrong way. Maybe he's in his room. So that's where I'm heading to.

I knock on the door. "Bruno? Are you in here?" I called out. But no answer. I bit my lips and push the door open. Ever since the miracle changes, his room is a lot more decent than the previous one. It didn't have all that eerie vibe.

I look around the place to look for my beloved boyfriend. But he's no where in sight. "He's not here. Where could he possibly be?" I thought. I hear squeaking sound and look down to see a rat looking up at me.

I lean down and gently pat it's head. "Hello, there..." I said. It squeaks as if saying 'hello' to me. I smile softly as I remember the first time I talked to a rat.

The first time... I thought to myself. My eyes widened as I remember. I turn around and rush out of Bruno's room. I hold my dress as I run through Casita. I hope that's truly where he is... or I don't know where else to look for him.

***

I knock on the wooden door. "Bruno? Are you in here?" I called out. "No..." I hear someone said from the other side of the door. I can also hear sniffling sound. I let out a sigh of relief and push the door open.

Bruno is sitting on the old couch, looking upset. I notice a few tears streaming down his cheeks. "Oh, Bruno" I said. I walk towards him and kneels down. I gently hold his hand with one of mine, while the other went up to cup his cheek. I turn his face to look at me.

"You know it means nothing to me right?" I said. He just looks away from me again. I give him a small smile. "I love you, Bruno... no one else but you. I kinda blew up on him for doing that. You can ask anyone..." I said. He turns to look at me with a surprise.

"Really?" He asked. I smile softly at him and nod my head. I lift my hand and gently cup the side of his cheek. He closes his eyes, leaning into my touch.

"Yeah... you're the one I love, Bruno. Why would I want anyone else?" I said. He lift his hand, placing it on top of mine. "Really? Even if they're better than me? Even with all of my flaws?" He asked. My heart broke at how sad and broken he sounded.

"Love is when you accept your lover's flaws and accept them for who they are. And I love you, Bruno. I don't care about ANY of your imperfections. You're the best I could ever ask for... you're the only one for me" I said. He tears up and moves from the couch, kneeling in front of me. He pulls me into a tight hug. I smile softly and hugs him back.

He slowly moves so he's laying down on his stomach while hugging my waist. I run my hand through his hair gently. "I love you, Y/N... so much" he said. I kiss his head softly as he lay on my lap. "I love you too, Bruno" I said. I hear a soft snore coming from him, making me let out a hushed giggle.

I continue to caress his hair softly. Looks like we'll be here for a while. I look around the room, smiling softly to myself. This room is where everything started between him and I. Now, we're together and I can't be happier about that.

*to be continued*