Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

I got snapped out of my thought when I hear the sound of creaking. I turn my head to see the door is moving, until it slams shut. I froze in my spot as I stare at the door wide-eyed.

Uh oh...

-He's Just Misunderstood-

Y/N P.O.V

Mirabel walks further inside. She kneels down and pick up a green shards. I walk up and kneels down next to her. "What is that?" I asked. "I think this is the vision Luisa is talking about. This is how I'll find out what's hurting the magic" she said. She pick up another shard and place it together.

"Me?" She said. I hear shattering sound. I turn my head to see the wall cracking. "Mirabel! We have to get out of here!" I said. She quickly grab all the green shards, stuffing them inside her bag. The room starts getting filled with sand.

We scramble up to our feet and rush towards the door. We use all of our strength to try and open the door. If we didn't get out of here, we'd be buried alive. That's one of the the worst way to die.

The door burst open and we got send out. I breathe heavily, feeling glad that I can still breathe. That was so close. A second later, we would have died from the lack of oxygen.

"We've got to get out of here..." she said. I just nod my head, not wanting to be here any longer. Bruno, your room is scary.

***

Mirabel grabs my hand. I turn to look at her. "Tia, I think it's better if we go separate ways. I don't want to drag you into my mess" Mirabel said. I just nod my head. The look in her eyes lets me know that she didn't want to argue.

She gives me a quick hug and turns around to walk away. I make sure no one is around. I make my way to the portrait and enter the hidden passage. I start to walk towards Bruno's hideout.

"Bruno?" I said, knocking on the door. It didn't take long for Bruno to open the door for me. "Hey, Y/N" he said, smiling at me. He moves aside, letting me enter the room.

"What happened today?" He said, after allowing me to sit down. I bit my lips, contemplating whether I should tell him what Mirabel and I did. He notice the hesitation in my eyes and frowns.

"Something bad happened?" He said. I let out a sigh, deciding to let him know. "Mirabel and I broke into your room. She found your vision..." I said. "What?!" He yelled out.

"Sorry! I was only trying to look out for her" I said. He lets out a sigh. "I'm not mad at you, Y/N. I'm just... worried. If they know what happened. What I saw, they would start assuming the worse. Like they always do" he said. I can see the sadness in his eyes.

A few tears streams down his cheeks. I frown and scoots over to him. I let him lean his head on my shoulder. I give him a soft hug, running my hand through his hair.

"Shh..." I cooed softly. He turns his body to face me and hugs me tightly. He buries his face in the crook of my neck. He starts to sob harder as his body starts trembling violently.

I feel so bad for Bruno. All he did was tried his best to help this family and Encanto. He only wanted to be useful for the society. But everyone only sees the worse in him.

He moves to lay down, placing his head on my lap. I gently caress his hair. "I'm so thankful to meet you, Y/N. You're the only one who sees the real me. Pass my bad reputation" he said, clutching onto my hand. I just smile at his words.

"Bruno... I know exactly what you're going through. I went through the same thing. Everyone only sees the worse in me, all because of my power to see the past. People sees me as a freak. So... you're are not alone in this. I will always be there for you" I said, smiling at him. He just smiles at me. He close his eyes and his breathing slowly evened out, letting me know that he has fallen asleep.

Time-skip

Bruno wakes up a couple of hours later. He moves to sit up and looks away from me. I notice his cheeks are red. But I don't comment anything about it. It'll only make things more awkward for us.

"I think it's time for me to go, Bruno... it's almost time for dinner. Mariano is coming to propose Isabel" I said. He smiles and nods his head. He stands up and offers his hand to me. I place my hand on his, and he pulls me up to my feet.

"Thank you again for always coming to visit" he said. "I don't want you to feel lonely, Bruno..." I said. He smiles at me. I give him a quick hug and turns my body around. I begin making my way out of the hide-out.

I hurriedly make my way to the dining room, after I cleaned myself. Being in the room Bruno's hiding makes my clothes dusty. Not that I minded anyway. But I have to look good since we're going to have two guests over for dinner. Mariano and his mother.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I got a little side-tracked" I said, entering the room. They turn to look at me. "Ah... Y/N. Come! Come!" Pepa said. I smile at her and take a seat next to Agustin, whom I notice looks a bit tense. I look at him in confusion. He turns to me and lets out a nervous laugh.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "Yes! Yes... everything's f-fine..." he said. I notice how his voice cracks in the end. I glance at Mirabel who's sitting next to him. I notice she's staring Dolores, who looks back at her nervously.

Mariano place a bowl of avocado in front of Mirabel. She quickly moves it out of the way. She lets out a gasp as Dolores whispers to Camilo. Camilo starts to shift.

He turns to Mirabel, Bruno then back as himself with a distorted face

He turns to Mirabel, Bruno then back as himself with a distorted face. If it's a normal situation, I would've laugh because it's funny. But from how tense Mirabel and Agustin is acting, I can tell that this is a serious situation. God...

I have a bad feeling about this

*to be continued*