Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"Well... I guess it's up to us to get those two to talk. And of course, make Bruno admits about his feelings for Y/N" she said. I nod my head in agreement. Y/N and Bruno have to be together. They'd make a cute couple! Operation to get Y/N and Bruno together: activated.

-Admittance-

Y/N P.O.V

"Y/N!" Someone said, knocking on my door. By the sound of their voice, I can tell that it's Pepa. I let out a sigh as she keeps on knocking. I get up from my bed and open the door.

"What is it, Pepa?" I asked. "Come on, Y/N. You can't just stay in your room all day" she said. "What else am I suppose to do, Pepa?" I asked. "Come to the lake with me?" She said.

"Why?" I asked. "Just please? Everyone else's busy. I really need someone to talk to..." she said. I let out a sigh as she gives me a pleading look. I nod my head, which makes her let out a squeal. She grabs my hand and starts pulling me along with her. I let out a yelp at her strong pull.

***

Pepa leads me to the lake like she said we would go. I take a seat on a rock as she takes a seat next to me. "So? What are you going to talk about, hm?" I asked. She starts to act weird. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Pepa? What's wrong? I thought you said you want to talk..." I said. "Uh... well... actually, it wasn't... it wasn't me who should have this talk with you" she said. "What do you mean?" I asked. I furrow my eyebrow as I look at her in confusion.

"No... stop it! I can't. Julieta!!" Someone yelled. I turn my head to see Bruno being pushed by Julieta. I turn to look at Pepa as she just stare at Bruno. She let out a sigh when Bruno is taking too long. She stand up and walk towards him.

"No... no no no!" He said. Pepa grabs his hand and pull him towards me. "Both of you. Talk!" They said together. They push Bruno forward. He bumps into me in the process. I let out a yelp as I fall backward. Bruno manage to turn his body the last minute. His action makes me land on top of him.

"B-Bruno... a-are you o-okay?" I said, getting off of his body. "Y-Yeah... I'm fine" he said. I turn my head and notice a something on his elbow. "No you're not! You're bleeding! Julieta, do something" I said. I turn my head, only to realize the two of them have left.

"Those two..." I said, sighing softly. I turn to look at Bruno and help him up. "Can you walk?" I asked. He nods his head. "Yeah... I think so..." he said. I gently guide him as we make our way back to Casita.

***

Julieta give an arepa to Bruno. He eats it in silence. I just stand across from him. "This is the first time I see you after a long time..." I said, in a hush tone. I notice Julieta trying to walk out. He just looks away from me.

After the wound on his arm healed. He stands up and try to leave. I block his way before he can walk out. He tries again, only for me to stand in front of him.

"I know..." I said. He turns to look at me. "K-Know... what?" He asked. I let out a sigh as I look away from him. "I know you like me... I saw it, in Pepa's mind" I said. He gulps as he looks away from me.

"Why?" I asked. He stays silent, not responding to me. I feel tears building up in my eyes. "Why, Bruno. Why?? Why won't you just talk to me! Instead... you go around and assume things! The outcome would have been different if you would just talk to me! I've been listening to you and your problems ever since we first met. I always listen to you! But instead of taking to me about this... you chose to ignore me! Can't you see you're hurting me? Can't you see that I love you?!" I said, raising my voice by each words to the point I'm yelling at him. Bruno looks at me in shock.

"You... love me?" He said, smiling. I scoff and pulls away from him. "Really?! That's the only thing you picked up! You ignore the fact that all you've been doing is ignore me!" I said. "What? No! I heard the rest! I just... I just can't believe that you feel that way for me! I... I... I thought that you won't see me that way" he said. I scoff at what he said. "You are so SO stupid, Bruno..." I said, bursting into tears.

He gently wrap his arms around me. I bury my face into his chest as I cry softly. He runs his hand through my hair softly. "You're a jerk, Bruno..." I sobbed. I feel him nodding his head.

"I know... I'm sorry, Y/N. You're right. I should have talked to you. I just... with the way everyone is acting around me. I just thought... I thought that I wouldn't have a chance with you..." he said, looking down. My eyes soften at what he said.

"And that's why communication is important. If only you'd talk to me... we would have avoided this kind of situation" I said. "Yeah... I know. Once again... I'm really sorry, Y/N... so sorry" he said. I just wrap my arms around his torso. He wraps his arms around me. I return his embrace, hugging him tightly. I miss this... I miss him.

He pulls away after a while. He gently cups both of my cheeks. "M-May I?" He asked. I nod my head. "You may..." I said. He slowly leans in. I stay still, staring at him. But before his lips make contact, he pulls away.

"I uh... don't know how to" he said, looking at me with an embarrassed face. "You're so silly..." I said, rolling my eyes. I wrap my arms around his neck. I place my lips against his. He stays stiff for a bit. But eventually, he returns the kiss. I smile into the kiss, tilting my head slightly so I can deepen the kiss.

We pull away for air. He leans his forehead against mine. "I love you, Y/N" he whispered in a soft voice. "I love you too, Bruno. Promise me you'll talk to me. Instead of avoiding me?" I said. He tightens his arms around me. "I promise, Mi Vida..." he said. I smile and snuggle closer to his chest, tightening my arms around him.

*to be continued*