Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"Y-You left... to protect me?" She said. "I don't know which way it'll go... but my guess... the family, the Encanto, the fate of the miracle itself - it's all gonna come down to you" he said. I turn to look at Mirabel with a worried gaze. She must feel so troubled right now. I can't imagine what she's feeling right now. I just hope we can fix this mess.

-Bruno's Vision-

Y/N P.O.V

"Or I could be wrong... that's why this vision was a pfft!" He said. He stands up and escorts Mirabel to the door. She turns to look at me. "I'm going to be here for a bit" I said. She nods her head and walk towards the door.

"I'm sorry, Mirabel... if I could help I would. But I couldn't. I'm sorry... I wish I could've seen more..." Bruno said. He close the door. He grab a rat and a piece of cheese.

The door slams open causing Bruno to get startled. He accidentally throws the rat. I quickly grab it in my arms. I let out a sigh and rub the rat behind it's ear.

"You're good, buddy... it's okay" I cooed softly. The rat just relaxes in my arms. I smile softly and turn to look at Mirabel as she walks towards her uncle.

"You said you wished you could've seen more. So SEE more! Have another vision!" She said. "Oh, uh, no, no, see, I don't, I don't do visions anymore" he said, backing away from her. He give me a look of 'help me.' I shake my head, not knowing what to do.

"But you could!" Mirabel said. "Mm mmm! But I won't" he said. He grabs a broom to try and block her. "You can't say "the weight of the world is on your shoulders, the end." If our fate's up to me, me says have another vision" she said. Bruno stumbles back and lands on the ground. A few rats got sent flying, making me shake my head.

Bruno stands back up. "Look, even if I wanted to, which I don't, you wrecked my vision cave, which is a problem 'cause I need a big open space" he said. "We'll find one!" Mirabel said. "Where?" He said.

"Use my room" someone said. We turn our heads to see Antonio standing by the door. He smiles at him. "The rats told me everything. Don't eat those!" He said. I turn my head to see the jaguar he's been with is trying to eat the rats.

"Our family needs help... and you need to get out of here" Mirabel said. Bruno looks around. I turn my head to see a rat brushing another's feet, then tries to lick it. Bruno turns to look at Mirabel. "Mmyeh" he said, nodding his head.

***

We're now in Antonio's room. I sit next to Mirabel as Bruno draws circle around us using sands. "You... might want to hurry" Mirabel said. "You can't hurry the future. Uh..." he trailed of when he notice there is a chiguiro. He lets out a nervous chuckle and move around it.

"And what if I show you something worse? If I see something that you don't like, you're gonna be all, Bruno makes bad things happen, oh, he's creepy and his vision killed ma' goldfish" he said. I scoot closer to him and rub his back.

"It's alright, Bruno... you got this..." I said. "I don't think you make bad things happen. Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rap. You can do this" Mirabel said. Antonio hands him a stuffed animal. "For the nerves..." he said. He get on his jaguar and salute him. The jaguar lets out a sound as if saying 'good luck' to Bruno.

"I can do this. I can do this. I can do this, I can do this" he said. He grabs some salt from inside his ruana. He lights up a match and lit up piles of wet leaves. He cracks his fingers and outstretch his hands.

"You might want to hang on. Y/N... you can hold onto me" he said. I just clutch his shirt. He gives a nod. His eyes are glowing green. The sand starts to levitate and surrounds us.

"It's just... it's just the same thing! I gotta stop!" He said. "No! I need to know which way it goes. There's gotta be an answer. Something we're not seeing!" Mirabel said. "You're looking at the same thing that I am. If there was something else..." Bruno said. I turn my head and notice something.

"There!" I said, cutting him off. "Butterfly... follow the butterfly!" He said. "Where is that?" Mirabel said, as we watch the butterfly lands on a leaf. "It's all out of order..." Bruno said. The image changes and shows the candle.

"It's the candle! The candle's getting brighter! I... I think you're gonna help the candle!" Bruno said. "How??" Mirabel said. "Uh... there's... there's someone with you! And you... you fight her!" He said, raising both of his fists as if he's ready for a battle.

"What??" Mirabel yelled out. "Wait.. no no. Is that a hug??" He said. "Am I fighting or hugging?!" She said. "Uh uh... an embrace. An EMBRACE! To make the candle brighter you have to embrace her!" Bruno said.

"Embrace who?!" Mirabel said. "Oh! Almost there. Almost there..." Bruno said. "Who is it!" She said. "Ahh! Got it!" Bruno said, once the figure is shown. "Isabela?!" Mirabel yelled out, displeasure is shown on her face. The sand burst and it rains on us.

"Oh... you're sister. That's great!" He said, happily. I turn to look at Mirabel who growls angrily. I turn to Bruno as he lets out a sigh. "Every time..." he said. I just pat his back softly.

Time-skip

The three of us are now hiding behind a pillar. "I don't get how embracing Isabel could fix anything..." Mirabel said. "I don't know. The family have a miracle. How do you save a family miracle? You hug a sister" Bruno said. We quickly hide when Camilo walks on the lower ground.

"Mirabel!" Camilo yelled out. He looks around and sigh when he can't locate us. He glitches and turns to a baby with an adult body.

He looks so done

He looks so done. "Miraaabeelllll!!!" He said. I shake my head.

"We're running out of time here..." Bruno said. I turn to look at him. I turn to look at Mirabel as she lets out a sigh. "It's not gonna work. She won't hug me, ever, okay? She hates me. Also, I don't know if you heard, I ruined her proposal. Plus, P.S" she starts rambling.

"Mirabel..." Bruno said. But she ignores him. "it is just annoying... of course it's Isabela" she said, while rolling her eyes. "Mirabel" I said. "and what's her problem with me anyway, she's the one with roses coming out her" she continues. "Mirabel!" Bruno said, startling her in the proses.

"Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry, you see you're missing the point. The fate of the family is not up to her, it's up to you" Bruno said. I place my hand on top of hers. "You're exactly what this family needs" I said. "You just have to see it. By yourself... after I leave" Bruno said. He grabs a vase and starts to move away.

"What? You're not coming?" Mirabel said, looking at Bruno in confusion. "It's your vision, Mirabel. Not mine" he said. "You're afraid Abuela would see you" she said, looking at him with a straight face. "Yep! I mean yes... that too" he opens the portrait. He turns to face us again before he leaves.

"Hey... after you save the miracle. Come visit?" He said, smiling hopefully. "After we save the miracle. I'm bringing you home..." Mirabel said. I smile at him, nodding my head.

"You should stay here and help her, Y/N" he said, turning to look at me. "Okay" I said, smiling at him. He smiles at me. "Knock knock knock knock. Knock on wood!" He said. He crosses his fingers and head inside the secret passage. Don't worry, Bruno... I'll bring you back to your family. I promise.

*to be continued*