chapter 21

Louis pov

I finally break in the door and I see our mirror broken. There is glass everywhere but then I see him... Niall. I check his breathing and he's still breathing! Thank you, god! I run downstairs grabbing the first aid kit.

I rush back upstairs and wrap it around Niall's wrist which is bleeding. "Fuck you, Niall!" I yell at him grabbing my phone. I rush downstairs and wait till Harry is done with his praying.

"Darcy, come here please," she walks to me. "What's wrong?" She asks. "He did something and I need you to stay here with Harry right now! An ambulance is on its way," I tell her. "Did he try to..." she can't even say it out loud. "Yeah,"

The ambulance arrives and they take Niall. Harry runs to me. "Where are they taking Niall to?" He asks scaredly. "Uhm, they're gonna check him a little. Darcy will be watching you! I gave Darcy the money for food tonight okay?" He nods and Darcy grabs him.

I drive with the ambulance to the hospital. They stitch up the wound and look at me. "Is he gonna be okay?" I ask them. "He'll survive," I text Liam and Zayn.

Louis: can walk home?

Zayn: sure it's a 15 minutes walk

Liam: cassie wants to bring us too!

Louis: that's okay too
Louis: we are not home Niall is in the hospital. Uh darcy my daughter is home with Harry don't worry

Zayn: alright

Liam: why is he in the hospital?!

Louis: I talk about that later maybe

Liam: not fair!

Louis: I know I'm sorry! I got to go!

I sit next to Niall who wakes up a little. "Dang it!" That is the first thing he said. I hit him soft so it doesn't hurt. "Fuck you, Niall!" I tell him. "Love the idea!" The doctor walks in. "He's very high right now. It's because of the painkillers," the doctor says.

"He can't leave for the coming 2 days. Are you his husband?" I shake my head. "No, I'm his boyfriend," I tell the doctor. "Okay, then you can't stay beside the visiting hours," she says.

"But he's my boyfriend!" I say complaining. "So? You're not family so you can only come when we have visiting hours!" And this is why I'm overworking! I roll my eyes and call Maura. She is here 15 minutes later.

"I'm his mom I can stay!" She immediately says. No hi just falling in the door like that. I smile and then I hug her. "Yes, you can. Sir, you have to leave," I sigh and hug Maura. "Keep me updated. Also, he's high cus of the painkillers," I tell her. "That's the best Niall!" She says laughing.

I kiss Niall on his forehead and leave. I get home and the kids eat pizza. "Hey," I say. "We kept a pizza for you in the refrigerator!" Liam says. I grab the pizza and sit next to them. "How is Niall?" Harry asks scaredly. "He's awake but I'm not his husband so I can't stay. Maura his mom is there now,"

"My praying worked!" Harry says so happily. I smile and we watch toy story 2. "Okay, lads let's get you to bed!" I bring the boys to bed. "She smoked," Harry says. "Inside the house or outside?" I ask Harry. "In the backyard," he answers.

"I do that too! It's okay then," I tell Harry. I help him brush his teeth and bring him to bed. I go downstairs and sit next to Darcy.

"Was it my fault?" She asks. "No, it wasn't. When he was younger he got abused by his mom and he saw how his little sis got killed by his mom. He struggles with depression and claustrophobia. He thinks no one can ever love him and now I'm overworking so I can ask him to marry me but he thinks I am cheating," I tell her.

"Niall prayed for his health," Darcy says. "I know. I heard him and waited," I say. We stay silent for a bit but it's okay.

"You smoked without me?" I then ask her. "That little shit told you?" She asks. "Harry told me yeah," she looks angry at me. "He also said you did it in the backyard so you're good," I say.