Chapter 38

"Ok, I am starting", Rajveer informed as he checked everything.

"I am behind you", Naina said on her microphone. She is backing him up for the trigger movement.

"Fine then. We are good to go. All the best Captains", Col. Chandra wished them and the trigger movement started again.

———————————————

"Guru, let's start. Backup is here for this place's security", Ali said to Alekh.

Alekh is packing his bag up and both of them are about to leave when a call stopped them.

"Hello...", Ali said.

The colour started fading from his face as the call continues.

Ali put the phone on speaker and both of them are startled with the information shared with them.

————————————————

"Yes, I am just behind you", Naina reported to Rajveer.

Naina is checking Rajveer's position but due to a turn he is not visible.

Suddenly her phone started ringing and she checked, it's from Alekh. As bent a little to pick up the call when wizzing bullet passed just where her head was seconds ago.

They are under attack.

Rajveer's sos is buzzed. He knew the attack is there. They are being back stabbed.

He started to drive as fast as possible to create distance between attackers and his vehicle.

——————————————

When Naina didn't picked up the call, Ali started calling Col. Chandra who is unreachable.

They are now panicked.

"Guru, I think we need to help them as we are the only ones aware", Ali said and Alekh agreed.

Ali and Alekh rushed leaving to help Rajveer.

Naina is with a driver and she is trying to provide a cover and the bullets are coming both of their way.

Rajveer is rushed ahead to reach as soon as possible but the journey is long.

——————————————

Rajveer is trying to move ahead when he was blocked by another truck. He tried to reverse the truck and then he found another vehicle is engaged with Naina's keep. They are stuck.

"Shit.....we are trapped. Naina take cover", Rajveer said.

"Hmm...you too", Naina said.

The shooting started from both end.

Slowly and steadily they are are now moving in between due to shooting from both ends.

Few people jumped down from both the vehicles and surrounding Rajveer and Naina. Both of them are trying to counter but failing.

"Soon, we both will not be able to save this", Naina said.

"Well, we won't give up till our last breath", Rajveer said.

They are getting close and Rajveer, Naina both are getting trapped further.

They are loosing hope when some gunshots from behind made them look up.

Ali and Alekh joined them. They attacked from back and so the attack can't be one sided. Attackers needs to split up.

But still they are outnumbered.

Rajveer noticed amongst firing that Naina is being aimed on. She is nearest to the vehicle containing triggers and that's why they are targeting her.

Another bullet went to be aimed on her.

Rajveer panicked and covered for her but it left him in risk.

Ali spotted it and jumped to cover for him. Rajveer was safe and Naina is safe too.

But the road is getting coloured red.

Naina spotted that Ali is shot on his back. She rushed to pull him to safety.

They are one man down but they continued to fight.

Unfortunately during all of this, the vehicle was left unprotected and they are trying to get inside but getting failed due to heavy firing.

The attackers are almost going to touch the line they are maintaining.

Rajveer and Naina looked at each other. A silent look of love passed between them. It feels they wouldn't make it.

Alekh is trying to give cover to both of them but the absence of Ali is reducing the intensity.

He can spot them getting inside the truck where triggers are stored.

Alekh tried to signal Naina but he can see them struggling to save their position.

It feels like they lost when the truck started and the bullets are coming closer.

A back up team reaches by that time and it gave them few precious seconds but the truck was taken by enemies by that time.

——————————————-

"I cannot believe this", Naina said while Rajveer slumped into a chair.

He cannot believe it. He was working with Choubey since he was an intern appointed with him. He can't imagine him changing sides.

"So they knew we are going to change the position of triggers today", Alekh said in a tired voice.

All of them are in a hospital corridor and whispering the updates among together.

Ali had huge blood loss since it took sometime before he can be admitted. He is begging operated and all of them are in hospital.

"Do you think we should inform Pooja?", Alekh asked to no one specifically.

Rajveer is numb over Choubey's betrayal to answer anything.

Naina is sitting holding his hand. She is not sure how to console him.

"I am hopeful that Lt. Beg will be alright Lt. Sharma. Let the decision of involving his friends and family lie with him", Col. Chandra said pressing Rajveer's shoulder.

He broke the news of Choubey's betrayal as they reached the secret facility with the news of triggers being stolen.

/* ok so now two more updates and story would be over 😊

I hope you all are enjoying it. I will post the next one on Saturday and by Sunday this will be marked as completed. 😊