Chapter 18

"Hey Naina...what's up?", Shalini said entering her room.

"Nothing. You tell", Naina said making her bed. Last night is flashing before her eyes time and again. She is completely confused on how to deal with this situation.

"Nothing..then why are you so full from past couple of weeks? Tabiyat thik hai na?", Shalini asked in concern.

"H..Han all ok. Listen Shalini, I need to prep for my class. I will see you later", she got up suddenly and left the canteen.

Shalini wondered what happened when Rajveer took a seat opposite her.

"Hi, Captain", she greeted him, still confused over Naina's behaviour. She can feel there is something going on between them but decided to keep mum for now.

Rajveer greeted her back but didn't speak much. He just had his coffee and both left for their day.

Complete day spent like that. Then another one the same way and soon the week got over as well.

The weird silence between Rajveer and Naina continues. They are still taking their classes effectively but the playfulness is missing. Their smiles, jokes and eagerness to help the cadets is lost. Even the cadets are noticing this change.

"Ajkal apni Phoolan Mam kuch badli badli na lag rahi hai?", Huda said to Yudi.

"Dude..kya bol rahe ho? She took such great class for cipher techniques", Yudi replied.

Alekh who is aware about this was about to say when Ali said, "chodiyen na guru unko. Hogi unko kuch problem. Vaise bhi vo log sirf hume padhate nahin hai...aur bhi kam hote hai unhe".

"Tujhe bada pata hai ki kahan engaged hai unke signals", Pooja said doubtfully.

Ali gulped and Alekh noticed this. He kept a mental note of it.

—————————————————————————

"Ajkal apne hero ke sath kuch gadbad lag rahi hai na", Kanan said.

"Han tu sahi kah rahi hai", Ankita replied thoughtfully. "Humesha itne jolly mood me hote the lekin kuch classes se dekh rahi hu ki bas class me subject related topics hi discuss karte hai".

"Han mai bhi us din kuch doubt puchne gya tha. He did helped but kuch bhi extra bat nahin ki", Kunwar commented.

Naina who is passing by heard the entire conversation. She strongly suspects it's because of her but she can't help it.

She have long decided that pursuing this is a wrong idea. But the yearning she feels is eating her up. It's like the world is now in lost it's colour and running in black and white.

"Saansein Bin Saansein Chal Rahi Hai
Sab Toh Hai Subah Ki Kami Hai
Tujh Mein Shuru Khatam Zindagi Hai Jaane-Ja"

This is effecting her a lot. She never felt like this ever although she had a number of relationships in past. But this time it felt different. It's like they are connected somehow.

In her thoughts she stumbled and dropped her books. She bent down to pick them up and her head got hit with a bench nearby. But it didn't hurt, the impact was very gentle.

She looked up to see Rajveer covering the sharp corner with his hands.

Their eyes met and so many emotions passed over.

"Tu Hi Toh Hai Zaroorat Meri
Tujh Mein Hi Chhupa Hu Kahin
Bann Ke Phir Se Meri Zindagi
De De Khushi
Dua Ban Ja Dawa Ban Ja
Mohabbat Mein Mujhko Fana Kar Ja
Duya Ban Ja Dawa Ban Ja
Mohabbat Mein Mujhko Fana Kar Ja Aa"