Chapter 8

"Have you reached?"

"Nai....eta is by evening"

"Ok. Don't contact me after reaching. Mujhe pata lag jayega"

"Ok"

"Be careful. They are there"

"I know"

"You know what you have to do"

"Yes"

"Ok. Leave nothing to luck then"
——————————————————————————

"Ok, so today's topic is encryption and decryption. We use masking or encryption to protect data while transferring from one place to another or also while storing"

"Encryption and masking are not used just for data protection but also for ease of transferring. Like to reduce the size of the data"

Naina is addressing the second year classes. They have recently swapped classes as now both of them are switching topics.

Everyone is hooked onto every word of her, she is gifted in keeping a class engaged without effort.

"So can anyone tell me a instance when it's used?", she asked from the cadets.

"It's used from the ancient times Mam. Even kingdoms used it for safe passage of data", Kanak replied.

"Very Good Cadet"

"As told by Cadet, it's used from a long time. Assignment numerals to alphabets or using alphabets in different order or to even assign them different symbols, these were encryption techniques in their simpler forms"

"Ok. So encryption and decryption plays a very important role in defence. To give an interesting example, let me ask you guys something. Anyone in class who have seen the movie The imitation game?".

Nearly everyone have raised their hand.

Naina was thrown off her game by this response. She hardly finds people who are interested in such kind of cinema let alone a full class of teenagers.

"Woww....this is new. I didn't knew all of you are so interested in such offbeat cinema", she said amusingly.

"Actually Mam...we have already given a reference of this movie", Kunwar said.

"Really....May I ask who is it?", she asked in surprise.

"Who else then Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat", Ankita told with a giggle.

Naina gave her a piercing look which subdued her down.

"Ok. So world war 2 is a great example for war strategies and communication techniques", Naina continues.

"You can all study it for learning various techniques of warfare. We will cover it extensively as the topic permits but for now please prepare an assignment with 4 to 5 war techniques or strategies used in world war 2 which you finds interesting"

A pin drop silence followed with a smiling face appeared all across class.

"What? Is the same assignment also been given?", she asked in frustration.

"Yes Mam", Kanan replied with a smile.

"Will the same assignment work Mam?", Kunwar asked excitedly.

"No.... You will list me five encryption techniques used in world war 2 .."

Everyone is looking gleeful but Naina is not done.

"And make sure that it's not something you have already listed in Captain Rajveer's assignment", she finished smugly. After all how can she loose with her own students.