Chapter 14

"Tera ye humesha ka hai...why do you do like this?", Alekh asked.

Naina kept mum.

"Is tarah se apni zindagi me kya hasil hoga tujhe? Army teri zindagi ka ek hissa hai...puri zindagi nahin. Tu kya kar rahi hai Naina", Alekh said in frustration.

"Meri zindagi me sirf bas Army aur mere bhai hai...kuch nahin bacha aur jeene ke lie", she said with a straight voice but her eyes are moist.

Alekh pursed his lips. He know she is on the verge of crying, and her tears are something which his heart cry for.

"He could be a nice guy Naina...", he said in a defeated tone.

"May be or may be not. But I really don't want to find out"

"To fir tu bhag kyu rahi hai?", he asked.

"I can't afford to loose focus Alekh aur mujhe nahin pata uske sath kya ho jata hai...bhul jati hu mai apna mission...I feel like ....I can't do this Yar bas", Naina said in desperation.

"Kabhi kabhi apun sochta hai ki kash Naveen bhaiya ki jagah bhagvan ji ne apun ko bula lia hota...kam se kam vo tujhe samjha to pate...apni to bilkul bhi nahin sunti tu", he said looking at her.

Naina came forward to hug him, "pagal hai Tu. Kuch bhi bolta hai. Tu aur Bhaiya ek se hai mere lie...never say anything like that...I don't have any strength to loose anything more".

He hugged her back while she broke completely. He patted her head trying to console her. It took a long time before she finally got a grip on herself.
——————————————————————————

"Yes, Sir. Aapne bulaya?"

"Yes Captain Shekhawat. Captain Singh is on emergency leave, so you need to cover all her classes as well. That will be all. Please dismiss", BC said.

Rajveer couldn't say thing. He just nodded and left.

This left him bewildered.

He doesn't understand that with her absence he should be worried it relieved.

He can't lie if he say he didn't feel both. But her absence raises more questions than it saves him from.

Things went in schedule, he is taking both of their classes and days went by.

In now a week since the freshers ball and she didn't came back. No news regarding her leave or return.

Students are now asking regarding her but he doesn't have any answers.

Shalini tried asking BC but he just said there is some emergency and she need to report to somewhere else.

Rajveer started with her investigation of Ritu.

"Han bol Choubey, Kya pata chala Narayan Mishra aur Ajay Sehgal ke bare me?", he asked tying his shoe lases.

"Sir unke records basic hai. Kuch nai mil rha hai. Sari information hide kar di gai hai...nikalvane me thoda time lagega"

"Aur Captain Singh?"

"Uske bare me kuch pata chala hai sir"

"Kya?"

"She is on a mission here. Kiske sath pata nahin. Uska Army ke sath last mission 2 sal pahle tha aur uske bad ye kuch 1 sal ke lie ye kuch personal vajah se leave par thi. Uske bad se uski postings ke koi details nahin mili hai", Choubey said.

"Hmm...matlab uske bad kuch gadbad hai", Rajveer said thoughtfully.

"Han sir. Simple case to nahin hai", Chaubey agreed.

"Ek kam karte hai. Tu un dono officers ka pata laga bilkul off grid aur mai Captain Singh ke bare me pata karta hu", Rajveer said.

"Hmm. Ok sir. Vaise Sirji aapko kuch special interest nahin ho rha hai Captain Singh me?", Choubey teased.

"You are dismissed. Call me when you have updates", Rajveer royally ignored his comment and disconnected his call.

Naina....

Of course he is bothered by her absence.

Their attraction was mutual, it's what he thought but then the earring changed everything. Still his heart wants not to believe what is obvious by the circumstances.

In the years which he spent in intelligence made him believe in his gut feeling but then it also taught him to put brains before heart.
———————————————————————————

It's been two weeks since freshers ball and now everyone is getting ready for the first trimester exams of the year.

Air is thick with the stress and exam fever. Students can be seen with books everywhere and library is jam packed.

Rajveer is taking extra care in his lectures, considering the subject is tricky. Also absence of Naina increased his workload.

Everyday subconsciously, he looks at her door passing by to have it unlocked but so far no such luck.

One day before the exams, he spotted the door open and he doesn't want to miss the chance.

He pushed the door and it's open. For the first time in history he entered in a women's room without permission. But somewhere in his mind he knew that permission won't be granted to him, if given a chance.

He found Naina inside looking for something in her suitcase. He made a sound to let her know his presence.

She turned to see him and shock is very well written on her face.

"Aap yahan...is waqt?

"You weren't there in the academy from so long. Brigadier said you are on emergency leave. All good? Anything serious on your end?", he asked.

She saw him in a measured way, "yes. All is fine now. Thanks Captain. Is this why you came this late?".
She asked turning away from him. His eyes do something to her.

"Hmm...yes and also I just wanted to talk regarding freshers night"

She turned with a jerk. She can't believe that he is talking to her regarding that topic.

"It's ok Captain. Ho jata hai kabhi kabhi", she said looking away.

"Really? You think it's that casual?", he asked with a hurtful expression.

The pain in his eyes moved something inside her.

"Yes, we were drunk. You particularly. Kabhi kabhi ho jata hai. It's fine. It was a stupid mistake from both to our end. I don't think we should hold it against each other", saying this she turned towards him.

His eyes are displaying the storm within him. He just nodded in response.

"Thanks Captain Singh. In that case, care to explain what are you doing inside my room that day or to be precise, why were you searching my room that night?", he asked with a piercing gaze at her.

She looked at him, trying to recollect. She didn't noticed her earring missing on that night being her guilt ridden.

"How can you say that...Captain Shekhawat", she retorted back.

"On basis of your finding our earring at the bottom of my cup board in my my bedroom. I don't recollect us going there", he said with snark.

She looked at him with a shadow of regret in her eyes. How could she do such a silly mistake. Now what how would she explain this to him?

Specially when she clearly hurt the guy...she knew what he might be thinking but she has no way to clarify her image.

/* happy Sunday!!
*/