Chapter 3

"No, I want to take the fresher's class in the morning and Captain Shekhawat can take classes once my topic is over. I don't understand what is the issue?", Naina asked.

Both Rajveer and Naina are standing before Brigadier and he couldn't look less interested.

"Captain Shekhawat, let her take the classes today and you can start with second year", Brigadier replied in a bored tone.

"Sir ...but", he was ready to argue but then calmed down himself. This is too early for hostilities.

"Captain do you really think I have time for such petty issues on the first day of a new batch. Let me do something useful with the time and resolve such stupid issues outside of my cabin. You both are officers now...not cadets anymore. Please behave accordingly. Now dismiss", BC retorted. He is pissed with their bantering from past 15 minutes.

Before Naina can open her mouth, Rajveer left the room. Now she didn't had any choice but to leave as well.

Rajveer is feeling a bit frustrated with this. He was never bashed so badly by his seniors after his pass out. He actually felt guilty of behaving immaturely but when she started squabbling then he couldn't control himself.

The entire day went quite non eventful until.

"Baba baba black sheep", he heard someone saying while passing by.

He looked up and saw a cadet looking at him meaningfully. Rajveer nodded at him to signify that he understood and he looked relaxed.

"Fresher?", he asked him.

"Yes Sir. Cadet Ali Baig"

Rajveer nodded and Ali left from there. He sighed that now he needs to go to canteen. From morning he is avoiding to go there as he have to face her there.

But now he is really hungry and Suriji told him that today's dinner is Aloo paratha. His favourite!

"Hello Captain", Shalini greeted him in canteen.

Rajveer smiled at her. She is sitting alone and it's the best situation. He hates to eat alone.

"Kya bat hai Captain?", Shalini teased him.

"Matlab?", he asked raising his eyes.

"Itne khush aap mujhe dekhakar? Matlab really?", she asked with a smirk.

Rajveer sighed in defeat. He knew that she is aware of the morning episode.

"Kisne bataya aapko?", he asked dejectedly.

"Kisi ko batane ki kya zarurat hai. Brigadier itne zoro se daant rahe the aap dono ko ki mujhe sunai pad gya", she said controlling her laughter.

Rajveer shakes his head in annoyance.

"Acha hai vo mata yahan nahin hai thankfully. Kam se kam dinner to shanti se kar payunga", he said in irritation.

" are are itna gussa? Naina is not so bad you know Captain", Shalini tried to explain but Rajveer is not just in mood.

All frustration of his due to taking a unplanned class and getting bashed up from brigadier made him very angry.

"Yes true she is not bad. Dikhne me to mashaallah bahut khubsurat banaya hai bhagvan ne par dimag me ek ticking time bomb bhi rakh dia hai. Jo jab dekho tab garam hokar fat jata hai"

Naina is inside the canteen behind his seat hearing all of it. Shalini tried to signal Captain but he is in full flow.

"Ajeeb pagal ladki hai. Bina bat sune isne mere dost ko thappad mar dia tha...aur ab mera subject bhi chinna hai ise. She wanted to settle the issue in front of brigadier...aur uski vajah se mujhe bhi sunna pad gya....I am telling you Shalini, she is nuts", he finally got all out of his chest.

He looked at Shalini's nervous expression and turned behind to see whom she is looking.

Once he saw the angry red face of Naina, all blood drained out of his face.

Naina didn't said anything but turned to leave the cafeteria.

Rajveer slapped his head in frustration. He said too much in his anger.

"Talk to her Captain"

Rajveer immediately got up and went after her.

Naina is going in an aimless direction. It's not new for her. Her temperament issues are always causing issues like this. She reacts before thinking.

But today after listening to his outburst something triggered inside her. She doesn't want to create a scene and that's why she left the place.

Rajveer is thinking along the same lines, the place is filled with cadets and he doesn't want to confront her here.

He followed her until they reached a quiet corner and then he called her.

"Captain Singh"

Naina heard him but she is not interested to talk to him. She avoided him to walk further ahead.

"Captain Singh...please can we talk"

Naina didn't cared and now she is walking ahead in speed. Her entire concentration is to create as much as distance between them.

She is practically running while looking out for him when he spotted the danger.

"Naina....", he screamed in panic.

Her name made her stop in her tracks to look at him and then she realised where she is standing. Both her heels are in air on the edge of the platform she is standing.

Her figure swayed and she anticipated t he fall when a pair of strong arms pulled her up. She is in his arms with her face buried in his chest. His masculine aroma is doing something inside her. She looked up at him and found him looking at her.

Naina pushed him away, "leave me. How c...c..can you d..do this?"

Her voice is failing her due to the effect he created.

"How could I save you from falling? Itna dukh ho rha hai to jao vapas vahi, I am sure you will get your wish of falling on your face", he replied sarcastically.

"I wouldn't have fell down", Naina said rolling her eyes.

"Oh really! Can we try it again then?", he asked moving ahead.

Naina didn't understand when she started to move back, "no thanks Captain. I am good. I am just stating the fact".

Rajveer who is still moving ahead said, "why? You are afraid I might be right?".

Naina's back touched the wall and Rajveer caged her by placing his arms around her. He did it in the pretext of not letting her go but there is a definitely something extra going on there.

Naina refused to look away and he is staring straight in her eyes. Her heartbeats have increased due to the proximity but how can she let it happen. She can't let him overpower her.

She sensed weakness in his stance for a second and changed their positions. Now Rajveer is on wall's end with Naina's hands blocking him.

"You are not right Captain and I am not weak", she said maintaining the eye contact.

Rajveer is impressed. She found a weakness in his position. Although he wasn't alert but still it's rare.

But how can he accept defeat as well. He don't know what made him do it but he snaked his arm in the small of her back to pull her in slightly.

"Can you say it now, Captain Singh"

Naina couldn't admit the effect his sudden touch have created in her body. This proximity is doing something inside her. She doesn't want to resist it. It's so not like her.

Like a magnetic pull they are coming close to each other and as their lips are inches apart academy bell brought them back to their senses.

Both of them backed away and left without words. What are they doing?

/*

So next part is up. Mujhe likhne me maza aa rha hai aur agar padhne me bhi maza aa rha hai to please share your reactions.

Comments and likes are compulsory for next update 😈

*/