Good News

Ezra made his way back to the palace and went to the Throne room where everyone was gathered talking about the war. Kylee caught his eye and came over, "Well was your friend any help?" "Sorta. I need to find Sabine." Kylee smirked, "Good luck, when we were younger Sabine could disappear and no one could find her." "Thanks for the help", Ezra said sarcastically. He went around looking everywhere. 

Finally he found her working on the Phantom 2.0 outside. Ezra crossed his arms and leaned on the side watching her work on the wing. "I didn't know the wing was broken", Ezra said raising an eyebrow. Sabine grunted, "Hand me the wrench would you?" "Sure", Ezra handed it to her and Sabine took it. "Kriff!", Sabine said frustrated. "What happened?" "Wing became misaligned." Ezra took a breath, he knew he was about to probably getting a yelling at or a slap in the face, but he said it anyway, "So did you have any boyfriends before me?" "One." "Was he cute?" "I guess." Ezra sighed, he was getting nowhere, "Sabine why do always try to hide your past from me?" "Because I trained myself to not show weakness. And sharing my past is hard and emotional for me, so it shows weakness. I made myself a code after I thought Kylee died, 'Show no weakness, don't let them know your weakness.' And so I stick by my code." "Sabine you know you can be yourself with me." "Maybe", Sabine muttered. "Screwdriver please." Ezra put his hand out and Sabine grabbed it thinking it was the tool. Ezra pulled her out from under the ship and stood her up. Sabine looked down, "I don't understand, how could you forgive me after what I did?" "Because I love you. And so does your family." Sabine nodded and let Ezra hug her. She gratefully rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes. 

Their touching moment was interrupted by a ship landing. A sole Mandalorian walked out and waved, "Bean Bean! It's me!" Sabine groaned and buried her face deeper in Ezra's tunic. Something about the Mandalorian made Ezra nervous and he tightened his grip on his wife. "Hey let go of my girlfriend!", shouted the Mandalorian pulling a gun and pointing it at Ezra's head. Ezra huffed, "What is it that everyone wants to kill me today!?" Sabine looked up and angrily looked at the Mandalorian, "First of all I am not your girlfriend and second..." She was interrupted by Ursa walking out and drawing her gun, "Drop the gun Vince." Vince holstered his gun and raised his hands, "Sorry Mrs. Wren, but I just saw this random guy hugging Sabine." Ursa glared, "First it's Miss Wren now and..." Vince interrupted, "Well I came to ask Sabine out for a night. Maybe spend the night with me and have some fun." Ezra narrowed his eyes, "No, she can't. Anyways she's my..." "Oh I know", Vince interrupted. "You like her too. Well I want one night with Sabine." Ezra ignited his lightsaber, "I said no." "Woah Ursa how can you be okay with this guy?" Ursa smirked, "Well I can understand why he doesn't want you going on a date with his wife." "Wife?", asked Vince confusedly. Ezra kept his weapon on, but a hand gently put a hand on his, "Hey Ez, it's fine", said Sabine gently. Vince growled, "Sabine I thought we loved each other!" Sabine turned on him, "Not anymore." She turned on her heels and left. 

Ezra and Ursa realized this must have been the guy to dump her after she had told him about what she did. "Leave", said Ursa coldly. "Fine", Vince powered up his ship and left. Ezra went inside and to their room to meditate. Inside he found Sabine sadly staring at a wall. He got down on the floor with her and she leaned into him. "So that was the guy?" "Yep. Vince Peterson, most arrogant guy in town." "And you liked him?" Sabine sighed, "I needed someone to share my feelings with and he was an option. So I took it, it just caused me more pain when he broke up with me. And now he came back like to kiss me or something like nothing happened." "Bean Bean? Really?" "Yeah, not great huh?" Ezra wrapped her in a hug, "I will always love you my Cyar'ika. No matter what happens." "I do too Ez and I'll try to be more open." "I'll always be here to talk." They sat like that for the rest of the night. 

The next day Ezra and Tristan went on a quick a scouting mission for a few days. And Sabine stayed behind, she was not feeling the greatest. She had thrown up that morning and was dizzy. The next day was the same and Kylee and Ursa were getting worried. Kylee pulled Sabine aside one morning and confronted her about it, "Sabine what's going on?" "I don't Kylee, I'm just always sick in the morning." Kylee frowned, "Sabine when was the last time you had your cycle?" "I don't know, now that you mention it I am pretty late." Sabine eyes went wide, "Kylee you don't think I'm pregnant do you!?" "Come on to the med bay, we'll give you a test." The girls went to get the test and Sabine almost fainted when it was positive. Kylee got her some water and Sabine shakily drank it, "How am I going to tell Ezra?" "Uh by just telling him?" "Kylee we didn't really want kids right now, especially during war." Kylee sighed, "Look sis, I'm sure Ezra will be thrilled. From what I know of him, he seems a pretty understanding guy." Sabine smiled, "Yeah he is." 

Ezra was unloading the ship when Sabine walked up to him, "Hey Sabine how are you feeling?" "Okay. Ez I need to talk to you about something." "Alright if you let me finish we can talk in our room." "I'll be in there then", said Sabine leaving. Ezra tried to rack his brain on what Sabine wanted to tell him, but failed. He finished and then jogged to their room. He opened the door to Sabine sitting on the bed thinking. He sat next to her and took her hand, "I'm listening." Sabine took a shaky breath, "Ez, I'm pregnant." Ezra had to take it in before answering, "That's great Sabine", Ezra shouted. Kylee, Ursa and Tristan all smiled listening to his reaction outside the door. Ezra hugged Sabine close and then put a hand on her stomach, "Hey little guy, I'm so happy you're on your way." Sabine smiled, "We should go back to Lothal and tell the others. I told mom I can't fight now and so we probably should head back." Ezra grinned mischievously, "Why don't we wait to see who notices first." Sabine smirked, "It'll be Hera for sure." 

Next StepsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara