Bad Dreams

Kallus woke up to someone shouting. He instinctively grabbed his blaster and noticed Ezra tossing and turning. He got out and climbed the ladder the rest of the way up. He put a hand on Ezra's shoulder and shook him, "Bridger! Hey Bridger wake up." Ezra woke up with a start and looked at Kallus, "Thanks Kallus, just a bad dream." Kallus nodded and climbed back into his middle bunk and Ezra soon heard him snoring again. Ezra shook his head trying to gather his thoughts. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep the rest of the night, so he got up and got dressed. He grabbed his blaster before going out. Ezra quietly made his way to outside and sat down in the grass. His hand brushed the grass as he sat down and he fingered it gently. Sometimes he wish he didn't have the force and have stupid nightmares. He settled into a comfortable position and meditated the rest of the night.

Hera woke up to her son shaking her awake, "Mom, mom." "Yeah son", she answered groggily. "Look out the window." Hera now was awake and she followed her son to the window. "Mommy why is Ezra just sitting there?" "Hera smiled, "He's meditating." "What's that?" "Ezra will teach you. He has agreed to teach you to become a Jedi, just like your dad." "Really!", Jacean jumped up and down with excitement. Before Hera could stop him he ran out of the room and outside.

Ezra was meditating quietly when Jacean ran outside and sat beside him. "Mommy said you were going to teach me to become a Jedi." Ezra smiled, "Yes I am." "Cool! Mom said Dad trained you." "He did." "So when are we going to start?" "Well how about I give you your first lesson now." Jacean nodded eagerly, "Okay!" Ezra opened his eyes and motioned to Jacean to sit like him, "Here is your first lesson, 

"There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; there is only the Force.

A Jedi does not act for personal power or wealth but seeks knowledge and enlightenment.

A Jedi never acts from hatred, anger, fear, or aggression but acts when calm and at peace with the Force.

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.

Jedi use the powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.

Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.

Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

But above all there is love, love for your family and friends."

Jacean listened in wonder. After Ezra was finished he asked, "What's that saying from?" "It's the Jedi Code, but I altered it a bit like your dad. As your first assignment I would like you to memorize it." Jacean nodded, "Okay, I'll get on it." Ezra smiled, "I'm sure you'll get it in no time." Before Jacean left he asked, "What should I call you?" Ezra grinned, "You may call me Master or Master Bridger. And Ezra of course." "Yes Master." Jacean then ran off into the ship leaving Ezra alone in the field.

Hera was making breakfast when Jacean came running in, "Mom, Master Bridger taught me my first lesson!" Hera smiled, "And what did you learn?" "The Jedi Code and he wants me to memorize it." "Very nice, now clean up and wake up the others." "Okay mom", Jacean left skipping into the other room." Ezra came in and sat down at the table. "Jacean told me about his first lesson." "Yes, I taught him the first lesson Kanan taught me." Hera went and took a pan out of the oven, "Thank you for teaching him Ezra." 

Jacean skipped down the hall and knocked on the guy's room, "Uncle Zeb, Kallus, breakfast!" Kallus opened the door, "Thanks Jacean." He and Zeb then walked toward the kitchen. Jacean continued to Sabine's room, but stopped when he heard yelling. He peaked around the corner to see Sabine throwing her helmet against the wall. He timidly walked in, "Sa-Sabine, are you okay?" Sabine turned angrily toward him, "No Jacean, just leave me alone." Jacean backed away cowering, "S-sorry." He ran down the hall into the kitchen and went to Ezra and climbed into his lap and buried his face in his shirt. 

Ezra was so surprised by Jacean that he didn't know what to do, but he quickly recovered himself. "Jacean what's wrong?" Jacean looked up fear in his eyes, "Sabine, she yelled at me." Ezra looked up at Hera who walked over to him and picked Jacean up, "Why did she yell at you Jacean?", asked Hera. "I-I don't know, she was throwing her helmet at the wall and told me to leave her alone." Ezra stood up, "I'll go talk to her." Jacean suddenly squirmed away from Hera and went to Ezra clinging on his leg, "No don't! She'll kill you!" Ezra laughed, "I'm sure she wouldn't hurt you, she probably is just in a bad mood." Jacean let go, "Don't die please!" Zeb laughed, "Yeah Ezra, don't get killed by Sabine's words." Ezra rolled his eyes, "Would you like to talk to her." Zeb looked serious again, "No way." Ezra rolled his eyes again, "Coward."

Ezra heard yelling when he neared Sabine's room. Ezra walked in, only to be met with a lightsaber being thrown to him. "Uh, thanks? Do you want to talk about it?" "How could you not tell me Ezra!?" "About what?" "My dad. Mom called and told me." Ezra sighed, "Hera didn't want to worry you." "And by not worrying me you mean not tell me at all?", yelled Sabine. "We-we, didn't want you to do anything brash." Sabine angrily looked at him and grabbed her helmet, "Oh you're going to regret not telling me Bridger." "Sabine, could you at least talk to Jacean, he's really scared of you right now." Sabine face softened, "Alright, but I'm still angry at you." She stormed out and Ezra followed timidly. They arrived at the kitchen where everyone was eating. Sabine walked over to Jacean, "Hey sorry about earlier little guy. I shouldn't have yelled." "It's all right 'Bine", said Jacean mouth full of food. Sabine stood up and walked out and Ezra walked over to Hera. "Hera, can we talk for a sec?" 

Hera stood up and they went to the cockpit to talk. "Hera, Sabine knows and she's not happy about it." Hera shook her head, "I guessed that. Well maybe I made a mistake not telling her." Ezra looked out the window, "When do we leave?" "Noon, I need to drop Jacean off with Ryder." Ezra turned around, "I'll get ready to go." Hera watched him leave, something was bothering him and it had something to do with Sabine. She just felt it.