Family History

Sabine woke up to her mom bending over her. She tried to sit up, but pain shot through her chest and she laid back down in pain. "Ezra, are you okay?" "Yes, thanks to your brother." Ursa helped Sabine up, "Take it easy." Sabine rolled her eyes, "And when have you known me to do that mom?" Ursa smiled, "Never, that's why you're my daughter. Always pushing through like me." Tristan came back, "Ketsu is locked up mom." "Good, we can deal with her later. We have mores important things to discuss." They all sat down and started to strategize. Ezra spotted a small town near the capital of Mandalore and pointed, "There, if we set up a small, secret base there we can monitor the enemy's movements." Fenn Raul nodded, "It would be good strategic movement. I'll head up a team to set it up." Ursa nodded, "Take as many soldiers that you need." Fenn turned to Sabine, Ezra and Tristan, "Care to join me?" Ezra and Tristan immediately said yes but Sabine hesitated, "I would rather not go on this mission." Ursa nodded understandingly, "That's fine. You can help me plan some defensive movements here." Ursa ended the meeting and everyone dispersed. 

Tristan came up to Ezra, "Care to spar? Last time you were here you ended up getting stabbed." Ezra grinned, "The pleasure to beat you would be all mine." They headed to the training room and began. During the middle of the fight they struck up a conversation. "So Ezra, heard you have a Padawan", grunted Tristan attacking Ezra with the pole. "Yep, his name is Jacean, he's Hera's son", said Ezra blocking the blow. "How is it going?", Tristan struck, bad choice. "Good, he is fast learner", Ezra then swept the feet from under Tristan and he grinned, "Better luck next time." He helped him up and face Tristan, "Tristan I need to ask you to tell me how your older sister died." Tristan sighed, "Knew it was coming. Come on I want to show you something." They quickly changed in fresh clothes and Tristan led Ezra to the gallery room. He opened the door and they walked inside, "This is where our ancestor's armor, weapons, everything lies." "Wow! Is that one of the first Mandalorian suits?, Ezra pointed to a dusty old set of armor. "Yes, the first armor of Clan Wren. Now follow me." As they walked through the gallery Tristan pointed at different things, "There is an ancient vibro-blade. And there is one of the first jet packs." "Cool. So are these things ordered from oldest to youngest?" "Yep. Clan Wren has the largest gallery than any other clan." Tristan finally came up to a case which held a suit of armor and more various things. "This was my older sister's stuff. Here", Tristan unlocked the case and pulled out a necklace. "It was handed down to her until she died. We tried giving it to Sabine, but she refused. It was meant to be given to the eldest daughter." Ezra took the necklace and examined it, "It's very beautiful." Tristan nodded, "My sister's name was Kylee, one of the toughest fighters around. She was killed by a cold hearted Jedi named Mace Windu along with many others." "Yes, Mace Windu was feared even among the Jedi. My Master would tell me stories. How old were you when she died?" "10, Sabine is 3 years older then me. Sabine was really close with her and after she was killed she was never the same." "That's what Ketsu said. How does she fit in the picture?" "Well you see Ketsu became Sabine's best friend after Kylee died and helped her kill some Jedi. That's why we were surprised she liked you, because of what had happened before. Anyways the last Jedi they killed was...I forgot her name." "Depa Billaba", interjected Ezra. "How did you know?" "It doesn't matter right now, continue." "Well after Sabine shot the Jedi, Order 66 happened and Ketsu left her on her own. Sabine came back here, enrolled for the Imperial Academy thinking that they were good. She and Ketsu met up again and destroyed the weapon that Sabine had created. Or so at least we thought. They went their separate ways and Sabine joined the Ghost while Ketsu joined Black Sun as a Bounty Hunter." "One question Tristan, why did Sabine back out of this mission, it's not like her." Tristan sighed, "It's where Kylee died." "Thanks for telling me Tristan and here's the necklace back", Ezra went to hand it to Tristan, but he stopped him. "No, keep it and try giving it to Sabine." Ezra nodded, "Okay." 

They walked back out and Tristan locked the door behind them, "Now let's go eat dinner!" Sabine was very quiet at dinner and just ate silently. Ezra fingered the necklace and decided to give it to Sabine after dinner. After dinner Ezra asked Sabine to go on a walk. "Sure." They wandered around until they reached the lake. Ezra made Sabine close her eyes and he put the necklace around her and clasped it. Ezra smiled, "Open your eyes Sabine." Sabine gasped, she recognized it immediately. "Tristan told me everything and he still wants you to have it. And I think Kylee would too." Sabine felt tears come and Ezra pulled her into a warm, safe embrace, "I love you my Cyar'ika." Sabine buried herself in Ezra's hug and quietly sobbed. Ursa happened to be walking by and she raised an eyebrow. She didn't say anything and walked away. Ezra held Sabine until she looked up, "I guess I'll keep it." Ezra smiled, "I think Kylee would be proud." The next day Ezra and Tristan were packing up their ship. They got it loaded up and went to say goodbye to everyone. Before Ezra left Sabine held him tight, "Be careful", she whispered. "I will." They kissed quickly and then they left. A hour later they arrived at the almost deserted village. They unloaded the equipment and started to set up. Ezra and Tristan decided to have a look around, "Hey Raul, we're going to go explore", shouted Tristan grabbing his gun. "Okay, just be back before sundown." Tristan and Ezra walked through the town. Many of the villagers hid and disappeared too scared to talk to them. Tristan stopped at one of the houses and closed his eyes, "This is where Kylee died." "Do you want to go in? It looks abandoned", said Ezra. They walked inside and looked around. It was empty except for a few overturned chairs and a tables. Tristan went upstairs while Ezra stayed down. Ezra noticed a floor board sticking up, he bent down and pulled it up. He picked up a small metal box and dusted it off. "Hey Tristan, look what I found." Tristan came down and looked at the box, "It's Kylee's." Ezra opened it up and a note lay on top, it was addressed to Sabine. "I think this box is for Sabine", said Ezra. Tristan nodded in agreement, "We can give it to her when we get back." They made their way back to base and Ezra put the box in his bag. The next day they left for Krownest. They left a dozen soldiers to monitor and report back to them. They landed and Sabine and Ursa came out to greet them. "The mission went well", said Fenn Raul. "Good, glad to hear it", said Ursa. They unloaded their bags and then Ezra called Sabine to their room, "Sabine could I see you for a minute?"