Finding Ezra

Sabine tried to get some sleep, but she couldn't. She got up and decided to go sit in the cockpit and research some planets that Ezra could be on. It had been 5 years since he had sacrificed himself and so much had happened. The Empire had started to crumble and the rebels had destroyed the 2nd Death Star and now the galaxy was starting to rebuild. The Ghost crew was back together and helping the people on Lothal and running different rescue missions. The only thing that was missing was, Ezra. Sabine sighed and got up and went to the cockpit and picked up her holopad. She sat down and tried to focus on researching planets, but she felt tears coming. Ashoka walked in and yawned, "Sabine what are you doing up? I thought you were asleep." Sabine looked away and jammed on her helmet to hide the tears. She had promised to herself long ago that she wouldn't show her emotions in front of other people. "Researching different planets", she stated shortly. Ashoka nodded, "Well we're almost to Ragal." (By the way I just made that planet up.) Sabine got up, "I'll go get ready." Ashoka watched her leave and shook her head, Sabine was very guarded with her feelings and Ashoka had been trying to get Sabine to open up, but to no avail. Ashoka turned back to the dashboard and worked on getting the ship ready to land.

Ezra sneaked around the Star Destroyer Cruiser trying to stay hidden. It had been 5 years since they and crashed and Thrawn was still trying to fix the hyperdrive, even though it was broken. Ezra picked his way to the stormtrooper bunks and went in. Most of the troopers were dead and only a dozen remained and Thrawn of course. Ezra started to go through the dead troopers pockets and found quite a few ration packs to last a month. He grinned and stuffed them in his satchel. He made his way out and managed to sneak back out without anyone seeing him. He walked to his shelter and set his bag down and started to work on making a fire. Ezra suddenly heard a ship and looked up. Ezra immediately recognized it, "The Ghost", he whispered. He grabbed his blaster just in case and made his way to the landing ship.

Sabine put her guns in her holsters, put on her helmet and took a deep breath. "You ready Sabine?", asked Ashoka. Sabine nodded and they walked down the ramp. Sabine's breath caught in her throat when she saw a lone figure walking towards them. "Ashoka is it...him?" "I don't know", Ashoka said and she started to walk toward the figure. "Ashoka!", yelled the figure and Ashoka started to run toward him. Sabine watched the Ashoka reach him and hug him tightly. It was indeed Ezra. Sabine stood her ground and watched silently. Ashoka and Ezra turned toward her and Sabine had to force down tears. Ezra looked the same, shaved head and the scar across the cheek. He was taller though and Sabine had to admit, he looked handsome. Sabine suddenly turned and ran into the ship leaving Ezra and Ashoka looking after her.

Ezra looked after Sabine and sighed, "Well I guess she doesn't want to see me." "No Ezra she does, she just doesn't want to show any emotion", said Ashoka. "What do you mean?" "Since you left she's been...not the same. Maybe you should go talk to her." "I don't know Ashoka, what would I say?" "I'm sure you'll figure something out", said Ashoka walking in the ship. "Thanks for the help", said Ezra sarcastically. Ashoka smiled, "It's good to have you back." Ezra followed her in and sat in the co-pilot chair. He ran his fingers through his short hair, "I'll be glad to see everyone." "Stop stalling Bridger, go talk to Sabine", said Ashoka. "Fine, I'll go see if she wants to talk." Ezra got up and went to find Sabine.

 Ezra wandered around the ship looking at all the old photos. He stopped at one, it was him and Zeb and they were posing for a picture. He shook his head and smiled, it would be good to see everyone. Even Kallus. Ezra continued to walk through the ship until he found Sabine fixing Chopper. "Hey Chop, good to see you!" Chopper beeped and whistled in return and waved his arms around excitedly.  Ezra bent down to the droid and patted the dome of his head. Chopper angrily beeped and hit Ezra in the leg. Chopper then rolled away to the cockpit. "Droids", muttered Ezra. He turned to Sabine who still had her helmet on, "Sabine, are you going to take your helmet off?" Sabine didn't answer, but instead started to pick up the tools on the floor. Ezra knelt next to Sabine and put a hand on her shoulder, "Sabine, aren't you going to say anything?" "Fine Ezra, what do you want me to say?" "A hello would be nice." "Well hello." "Sabine why aren't you talking to me?" Sabine stood up. By now tears were streaming down Sabine's face, but her helmet hid it. She squeezed her eyes shut, "I need to go fix something." "Sabine please just..." "Just what Ezra? I've been searching for you for 5 years and-and, never mind." "Never mind what?" "Nothing, I'm going to my room." She turned and walked away. Ezra heard the door slam shut and he sighed and decided to go talk with Ashoka.

Sabine sat down on her bed and took off her helmet and sobbed. She had missed Ezra so much and now having him back...she was interrupted by a knock at her door. "Come in", said Sabine, forgetting that her helmet was off hiding the fact that she had been crying. "Sabine we're almost there...", began Ezra, but stopped after seeing Sabine's tear streaked face. He walked over and sat on the bed next to her. Sabine realizing that she didn't have her helmet reached over to put it on, but a hand stopped her. "Sabine, you can be real with me." "No I can't", yelled Sabine. "I can't be real with anyone, I promised myself long ago that I wouldn't show my emotions with other people." Ezra pulled her into a hug and finally after fighting it, Sabine broke down and sobbed into his shoulder. 

After awhile Ezra pulled away and looked her in the eye, "I'll always be here for you if you need to talk." Sabine nodded, "Thanks, I'm glad you're back." Ezra smiled. He hesitated, "Sabine there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time. Sabine...I love you." Sabine took his hand, "I've been wanting to say this for a long time as well, I love you too Ezra Bridger."