Restless Night

Suddenly Kanan's force ghost appeared, "Ezra how is it going?" "Not well Kanan." He told Kanan everything that had happened, "So I don't know what to do." Kanan thought and replied, "Mace Windu was a harsh Jedi. Some may have called him cruel. I remember as a Padawan I was so scared of him. My Master was trained by him and she even avoided him. I'm not surprised that he killed all those Mandalorians." "Ketsu said Sabine killed quite a few Jedi. Who were they?" Kanan sighed, "You really want to know?" "Yes." "I'm only going to tell you she killed 5 Jedi. And here is the only name you'll recognize, my Master Depa Billaba. During Order 66 the clones were shooting at us and I saw a Mandalorian hiding in the tree. I watched as the Mandalorian pulled the trigger and shot my Master. I managed to escape." "Did you tell Sabine?" "No. It would hurt her too much to know that she killed my Master." "I see. Thanks Kanan." "Of course. See you around." Kanan disappeared in the night and Ezra walked back to base for dinner. 

Everyone was sitting down and about to eat when Ezra walked in. He grabbed his food and sat down too. Sabine wasn't there, but everyone else was. After dinner Jacean came up to Ezra, "Will you please tell me story?" Ezra laughed, "Alright. Let me tell you a story about a spy." He told the story about how the spy risked his life to send information to the rebels. "Did the spy escape Master?" "Yes, in fact he is right here." "You?" "No, no. Kallus here." "Oh, I got it." "Alright Jacean bedtime", said Hera. She took him to bed and Ezra stood up. "Good story Ezra", said Kallus. Ezra smirked, "Thank you. I almost told the story about how you and Zeb were stuck on the ice planet together and how you almost killed each other." "That's a good one too", said Kallus. Ezra walked over to the counter and filled a plate up with food. "Still hungry?", asked Zeb. "No. This is for Sabine. See you guys tomorrow." 

Ezra walked down the hall to his and Sabine's room and went in. Sabine was painting and was almost finished with it. "Very nice", said Ezra sitting down on the bed. "I brought you dinner." "I'm not hungry, thanks though." Ezra watched Sabine paint, "So do you want to talk about it?" "No." "Sabine will you at least tell me who killed your sister." Sabine turned around eyes blazing with anger, "No, you would just defend his actions." "Okay so we know it was a guy." "Don't think you can read me Ezra Bridger." Sabine set her paints down and stormed out. Ezra shook his head and looked at Sabine's painting. It looked like it was Sabine's sister and Ezra smirked, they looked almost identical. Same hair style and smile. Ezra got up to to go look for Sabine.

Sabine was sitting on a rock when Ezra found her. He sat down next to her and they sat in silence. Ezra could tell Sabine was still fuming but he decided to ask a question anyway. "Sabine why did you marry me?", he asked quietly. "I love you that's why", said Sabine. "But Ketsu said you hated Jedi and killed them." "Look Ezra I killed them for my sister's death. I made some bad choices I admit, but I did it." "So if I were a Jedi back then, you would've killed me without second thought." "Probably." "So why not kill me now Sabine?" "Because." "Because why?" Sabine sighed, "I changed after Kanan saved my life. I realized that not all Jedi were bad." "Sabine I know you went through a tough time. I'm sorry. The Jedi that killed your sister was in the wrong." Sabine stayed silent and looked out in the fields. Finally Sabine spoke, "Ezra I just want to be alone right now." Ezra squeezed her hand and got up, "I'll be around. "Ezra was playing Dejarik with Rex when Sabine came in. She went to their room and Ezra heard the door shut. Rex looked at Ezra, "Is she okay?" "Not really. Let's just finish the game." They finished their game and Ezra headed to their room. When he walked in Sabine was curled up against the wall in bed. Ezra changed into his night clothes, pants and shirt. He got into bed and laid down in bed. Ezra knew Sabine had a hard time sharing her emotions with other people, even with him. He touched her shoulder, she was very tense. He drew his hand back and buried himself under the covers. That night Ezra had a dream or a vision or whatever they call it. It was very strange. It went like this:

Ezra woke up in the fields of Lothal. What am I doing here?, he asked himself. He saw a little girl running to him, "Dad! Look what I got!" Ezra bent down, "Uh, yeah. That's nice." Who was this little girl? The scene changed to Jacean kneeling before him, "Master thank you. I owe you my life." The scene changed once more to Jacean battling a Sith Lord. Ezra ran to help him, but was forced back. He watched helplessly as Jacean battled. Before the battle ended it went away to one more scene. It was of Kanan and he was alive. "Kanan!", shouted Ezra. His figure disappeared and everything went black. 

Then Ezra woke up. He wondered what it could mean. He looked over at Sabine and was surprised to see her shoulders going up and down. "Oh Sabine", Ezra drew her close to him. "I'm sorry Ezra about earlier, I was just upset about Ketsu and everything." "It's fine Sabine. I know it's hard for you." They stayed like that for the rest of the night, holding each other close. Ezra smiled and kissed her gently and put his head on hers and fell asleep.