Kanan!?

Everyone loaded up into ships and they were off to Mandalore's capital, Sundari. "We'll be there in a hour called Ursa from the cockpit. Ursa, Tristan, Kylee, Ezra, Sabine, Fenn Raul and Ketsu were all on one ship and it was a bit tight. Ketsu turned to Sabine after they were in hyperspace, "We have a lot of catching up to do." Sabine smiled, "It's good to have you back." At that moment Ezra walked in and he stood there awkwardly, "Uh, hey there Ketsu." Ketsu glared, "The only reason I'm not shooting you is that I promised Sabine I wouldn't." Ezra nodded, "I understand. I'll just leave you two to catch up." Ezra walked out leaving the girls to themselves.

A hour later they arrived at Sundari. Everyone suited up and they got ready to unload. Before they walked down the ramp Sabine pulled Ezra into a closet. Ezra was a bit startled, "Sabine?" Sabine looked down, "Look Ez, just don't die out there." Ezra smiled, "I won't." Sabine reached up and touched his twin scars on his face, "I love you." "I love you too", Ezra bent and kissed her gently. They nodded at each other and exited the closet and headed toward the sewers. 

Ketsu led them through the twisting sewers toward where the Duchess lay above. Tristan shook off some goop, "Ugh, this is disgusting!" Ezra smirked, "You get used to it if you're a street rat." "Or a bounty hunter", piped in Ketsu. Ezra was surprised that she had even agreed with him on something and he grinned, maybe someday they could be friends. Ketsu stopped at a 4-way intersection, "One more left turn and we're there." They turned left and soon they came upon a hatch, "There, that's where the Duchess should be", said Ketsu. She got to screwing of the hatch and it slid open. Just like promised, the weapon was sitting on top. "Time to work your magic sis", Ketsu said stepping back. Sabine took a deep breath and nodded. 

She got to work sabotaging the core while the others kept guard. Sabine suddenly started to panic, "No, no, no!" Everyone whirled to see Sabine frantically trying to hack into the core. "Sabine what's the problem!?", asked Kylee. Sabine eyes darted back and forth, "A surprise security feature! It's going to blow!" Everyone looked at each other worryingly, "How long do we have!?", asked Tristan. "5 minuets", said Sabine trying to override it. "It's no use, I can't break past the security block!" "Let me try", said Ezra. "Everyone else go, I'll try to override it." Everyone nodded and started to leave. Sabine stood her ground, "I'm staying." Ezra shook his head, "Sabine you have to go." Sabine crossed her arms, "No." Ezra sighed, "Fine, but be ready to run." Ezra started to tinker with the weapon and Sabine paced nervously. Ezra concentrated and tried to break the security wall. After 4 minuets of trying to break through Ezra stopped, "We have to go!" He grabbed Sabine's hand and they sprinted as far away as they could. A few seconds later the weapon exploded and they were thrown against the sewer walls. 

Both of them were knocked out and Ezra woke up to smoke and fire. Ezra real picked up Sabine's unconscious form and started to run, but the fire encircled him. He set Sabine down and tried to put out the fire to no avail. Suddenly a figure appeared next to him, "Kanan!?" Kanan gave a small smile, "I'll explain later, now stand back." Ezra stepped back and Kanan used the force to push the fire back, "Go!" Ezra picked up Sabine and ran with Kanan right behind him. Ezra was so confused, but his only thought was to get out. They made their way out of the maze and managed to climb out of the sewers before the fire engulfed the whole sewer system. Ezra set Sabine down and turned to Kanan, "How are you not a force ghost?" "The force gave me another chance to live." 

Sabine groaned and Ezra rushed to her side, "Easy there 'Bine." She gave on look at Kanan and drew her gun, "Who are you!?" "It's fine Sabine", said Ezra. He explained the situation to her and she calmed down, a little. Ezra helped her up and she leaned on him, she had a feeling her ankle was sprained or worse. "Come on", Ezra led them back to the rendezvous spot and found the ships still there. Tristan came out and ran to them, "You made it out!"  He looked at Kanan confusedly, "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" Kanan nodded, "Let's get inside and I'll explain everything there." They walked inside the ship and soon they were in hyperspace. 

Everyone gathered in the common room and Kanan explained his story again. "Amazing!", commented Ursa. "Thanks for helping me all those years ago", said Kylee. Kanan smiled, "Of course, it's nice to meet you again." Ketsu glared at him, but didn't say anything. Ezra came in holding a roll of bandage, "Here Sabine, let me see your ankle." He felt along her ankle and she winced in pain. Ezra looked up, "Does it hurt if I touch it here?", he asked touching the bone. Sabine yelped, "Ow! Yes it does." Ezra let go and frowned, "I think it's broken 'Bine." Sabine huffed, "Just great." Tristan stood up, "Let's get you to the med-bay to have it ex-rayed." 

Ezra picked her up bridal-style and carried her to the back of the ship. Sabine would've normally protested, but she was in too much pain to care. Ezra set her down and the droid took over. After the droid had wrapped her foot and got her pair of crutches Ezra sat down next to her in the bed, "Hey how's it going?" Sabine sighed, "All right I guess, it hurts a lot." Ezra put his arm around her shoulders, "Is there anything I can do for you?" Sabine smiled weakly, "Could you help me to the cockpit? I just want to get out of this med-bay." Ezra smirked, "Of course mi'lady." Sabine rolled her eyes, "Ha ha."