Krownest

Hera landed the ship and everyone piled out. "Mom!", said Jacean running to her. "Hi there Jacean, did you have a good time with Ryder?" "Yeah, he took me around Lothal and I met all his friends." Hera smiled and put him down. She walked over to Ryder who was talking with Ezra. "Thanks for taking care of Jacean for me." "It was a joy to have him", said Ryder. "Now if you excuse me I have to go", Ryder bowed and left. Sabine came out with her helmet on and walked over to Ezra and Hera, "I'm leaving for Mandalore in the morning. I'll take the Phantom, if that's all right Hera." "Of course." Sabine hesitated, "Ezra can we talk, alone." "Sure Sabine." "I'll leave you two alone", said Hera walking away. Ezra turned to Sabine, "You want to walk while we talk?" Sabine nodded and they started to walk through the fields of grass. Hera watched them go and Jacean tried to follow, but Hera held him back. "Mom why can't I talk with Ezra?" Hera picked up her son, "Because they need to be alone for awhile. Now why don't we go check the ship over?" "Okay mom", Jacean said happily. 

Ezra took Sabine's hand while they walked and Sabine let him. "You can take off your helmet Sabine." Sabine reached over and took it off. Ezra smiled, "That's better." Sabine nervously fingered her helmet, "Ezra can I ask you a favor?" "Name it." "C-could you come with me to Mandalore? I would appreciate it." "Sabine, I'll always be here for you, so yes." "Thanks. And thanks for the note last night, I needed it." Ezra gave her smile, "Come on, I want to show you something." He led her through the fields and up a crest. He then stopped at the top of the crest and Sabine gasped. It was an overlook looking over the streams and plains of Lothal. She could see loth cats playing during the last minutes of day. "Only a few people know about it, it's very hidden", said Ezra. "It's one of the best places to watch the sunset and sunrise and I wanted to share it with you." "It's beautiful Ezra, I think this is my new favorite spot." "Well why don't we sit down and watch the sunset", Ezra suggested. They sat down and Ezra took Sabine's other hand, "May I?" Sabine nodded and Ezra and Sabine drew closer until their lips met while the sun went down. The kiss ended and Sabine smiled, "I love you." "I love you too Sabine." 

Jacean was playing catch with Zeb when he saw Ezra coming back. Forgetting the ball he ran over to him, "Master! Master! I've almost got the Jedi Code down. I worked on it while you were gone." Ezra knelt down and patted his shoulder, "Good job Jacean." "Master what's the last line? I keep forgetting." Ezra smiled, "But above all there is love, love for your family and friends." Jacean nodded taking it in. "Thanks, can I say it to you tomorrow?" "Sure, but it'll have to be early. I'm leaving for a few days." "Oh okay, good night Master." He ran off to continue his game with Zeb. "Is it weird being called Master?", Sabine asked. "Yeah, I always called Kanan, Master." Hera came out to put Jacean to bed and Ezra and Sabine went in and sat at the kitchen table. Hera came in a few moments later, "So Sabine when are you leaving?" "9:00 tomorrow morning. Ezra is going too." Hera nodded, "That's fine, you both deserve a break anyway. Now I'm really tired, so I'm heading to bed." Hera left and Ezra got up, "I need to go pack, can I walk you to your room?" "Thanks, I'll take the offer." Ezra walked Sabine to her room and said goodnight. He then went to his bunk and packed. Zeb and Kallus were gone, they were staying the night with Ryder to plan some mission. Ezra finished packing and then climbed into bed, but couldn't fall asleep. He sighed, another sleepless night. He climbed back down and sat on the floor. He crossed his legs and meditated the rest of the night. 

At 6:00 in the morning Ezra dressed and decided to go practice with his lightsaber outside. He closed his door behind him and was about to go outside when he heard a noise from Sabine's room. He turned and sneaked up to the door and listened. He heard quiet sobbing coming from the room and he knocked softly on the door, "Sabine", he said whispering. When no answer came he gently pushed the door open. He peeked in cautiously and saw Sabine curled up and her shoulders were shaking. Ezra didn't know what to do. He decided to let her be and he closed the door again. He walked outside and ignited his lightsaber. Why was Sabine going through this? He angrily started to go through the lightsaber forms, cutting the air faster and faster. He continued for a hour until Jacean came out. "Master what are you doing?" "Ezra stopped and deactivated the green blade, "Just practicing.  Now sit and let me heard you recite." They sat down and Jacean recited the whole code perfectly. "Very good Jacean, you learned quick. Are you ready for your next lesson?" Jacean nodded eagerly. "Alright we are going to learn about how to use the force." For the next hour they practiced levitating rocks and discussed the force.

At 8:00 Ezra finished the lesson and told Jacean to practice what he had learned while Ezra was gone. Then they headed inside for breakfast. Everyone was there for breakfast and Ezra slid in next to Sabine. While everyone was talking Ezra lowered his voice, "Are you okay Sabine? I heard you crying this morning." Sabine nodded, "Yeah, I'll be okay." They finished breakfast and Ezra and Sabine packed up the ship. At 9:00 they were on their way. Ezra punched the coordinates for Mandalore and the Phantom jumped into hyperspace. He turned around to find Sabine sleeping soundly. She must not have gotten much sleep either. He walked over to her, took off his cloak and laid it over her to keep her warm. He then walked back over to his seat and opened up his book and read. 

Sabine woke up and discovered Ezra's cloak over her. She looked over at him and noticed he was sleeping as well.. She laid her head back down and pulled the cloak closer. She then fell back asleep. A few hours later she felt someone shaking her awake. She looked up and saw Ezra bent over her. "We're almost there sleepyhead." Sabine groaned and pulled the cloak over head. Ezra pulled it back, "Sabine come on, I need my cloak back." She reluctantly got up, "Thanks for the cloak." "You're welcome", Ezra slipped it back on and sat back down. He brought the ship out of hyperspace and flew it toward Krownest. "Home sweet home", joked Ezra. Sabine rolled her eyes, "Very funny, Lothrat." Ezra grinned, "And I thought you were nice, Shorty." After that they started to go back and forth calling each other names. Finally though they landed in Krownest and Ezra and Sabine got ready to go out. Before they headed out Ezra pulled Sabine to him, "I love you 'Bine." Sabine smiled, I like that nickname, best one yet. And here is mine. I love you too Cyar'ika." They then walked outside. 

They were greeted by Ursa, "Sabine! I'm glad you're home!" "Me too mom." They hugged and finally broke apart. "Bridger", Ursa nodded to him. Ezra bowed politely back, "I'm very sorry for your loss." "Thank you", Ursa said. A Mandalorian walked up to Ezra, "Tristan, remember me? I'm Sabine's brother" "Yes, of course. Good to see you." "Can I help unload your things?" "Thanks, we only have a few thing." Ezra led him to the ship and they got the bags. "Tristan put Ezra across from Sabine and then both of you come back for dinner", said Ursa. Sabine gave a quick smile to Ezra and then followed her mother inside. Tristan noticed this, but didn't say anything. They dropped the bags off and headed to dinner. 

After dinner Sabine stood up, "Ezra would you like to walk around?" "Sure." Tristan watched them walk off and he smiled, something was going on and he was going to find out what. He followed them secretly as they made their way through the palace. Not knowing that Tristan was following them they began to talk. "You have a nice place Sabine." "Thanks, my favorite part is the lake." Sabine reached over and took Ezra's hand and squeezed it gently. They stopped at the balcony looking over the lake and Sabine leaned into Ezra. "Thanks for being here for me Ezra." "I'll always be here for you Sabine." Ezra bent down and they kissed. Tristan watched and then walked away with one thought, my big sister is in love.