Peaceful Night

Sabine and Ezra said goodbye to their last guests and turned back inside. Rex was keeping Jacean busy while Hera, Zeb and Kallus were cleaning the last few things. "Thanks guys", said Ezra. He helped Zeb stack the last chair and finally they were finished. "I'm tired mom", said Jacean yawning. "I know, we're all finished though, we can go home." Hera turned to Ezra and Sabine, "See you tomorrow guys." They said goodbye and then Hera left with Jacean. Kallus, Rex and Zeb said goodbye as well and left. "Can we go home? I really want to get out of this dress", said Sabine. "Sure." They walked back to the ship where everyone was sound asleep. Sabine changed and then they went outside to look at the stars. 

Sabine noticed something was bothering Ezra, "Ez, is something wrong?" Ezra took her hand and sighed, "I was given a note today during the wedding. Here", he handed the note to Sabine and she read it carefully. "Sounds like he wants to play chess", Sabine joked. "Very funny 'Bine." Ezra looked at her seriously, "I promise that I won't let anything happen to you." Sabine rolled her eyes, "I can take care of myself." Ezra smiled, "I know." He went on to tell her of his encounter with Kanan. "A new war?" "Yes and Thrawn is going to start it." Sabine shook her head, "I just got over one and now another one has to start." "I know how you feel." Ezra twisted his ring around on his finger, he was still trying to get used to it. "Do you want to go on a honeymoon 'Bine?" Sabine thought a moment, "Not really, I just want to be here with you." Ezra grinned, he wrapped his arm around her, "I think I can arrange that." They sat like that until Sabine fell asleep and Ezra picked her up and carried her inside the Ghost. He laid her gently down and climbed in next to her. He kissed her gently and finally fell asleep with Sabine in his arms. 

Sabine woke up the next morning later than usual. She stretched and remembered her and Ezra had gone to bed very late. She looked over and noticed he was gone. She got dressed and then went to look for him. Everyone was sleeping soundly, still exhausted from the night before. She finally looked outside and saw Ezra sitting in a meditative position. She quietly walked up to him and sat down. Ezra smiled and put his arm around her. Sabine leaned in and sighed contentedly. "Sleep well Sabine?" "Yes, you?" Ezra shrugged, "Better than usual." "And what is usual?" "These past nights I can't seem to sleep and usually spend the night meditating." They were interrupted by Jacean running up, "Master good morning." Jacean noticed Sabine and smiled, "Morning Sabine." "Good morning Jacean. I'll leave you two to train", Sabine got up and left. "Master what is my lesson today?" "Well we will practice levitating rocks and I want you to recite the Jedi Code." They did just that for a little while until Ezra changed the course of what they were doing.

"Here is your new lesson for today Jacean, memorize this, Patience is the one character that you have to be patient with." "What does that mean Master?" "It means that you have to practice patience to have it." Jacean nodded and know he understood, "How do we practice it?" "By sitting still and meditating for long periods of time. It helps your body to be trained to be patient and still. Shall we began?" Ezra and Jacean sat still and meditated. After a few minutes Jacean became restless and he opened his eyes. "Patience my young Padawan, learn to master it", said Ezra sensing his restlessness. They continued doing it for a half an hour until Ezra opened his eyes and said, "Good job Jacean, work on it and you'll become a master at it. That's all for today, you may go. Plus I think it's lunchtime." Jacean ran off and Ezra smiled, Jacean was so much like his father. Ezra came in soon after Jacean to find everyone awake and getting lunch. He got his share of tuna salad and sat down. They all ate and laughed and talked amongst themselves. 

After lunch everyone went to do their own thing. Sabine and Ezra decided to spend some time alone in the fields of Lothal. They walked to their favorite overlook and laid down in the grass. Sabine rested her head on Ezra's chest and he put an arm around her, pulling her close to him. "Ezra my mom wants us to come to Mandalore to visit and meet someone." "Who does she want us to meet?" "She didn't say, she said she wanted it to be a surprise." "Well we can go if you want." "I would like to Ez, maybe visit some old friends too." They planned on leaving the next day and staying for a week. Finally they decided to head back and they got up to go. But before Ezra pulled Sabine in for a kiss. After he smiled, "I love you Cyar'ika." "I love you too Ez."

Next day they headed to Mandalore. They arrived and set the ship down. They got off carrying their stuff with them. Tristan came out to greet them, "Hey there you two, no time long see." "Good to see you brother", said Sabine bumping into him. Tristan and Sabine both laughed and Ezra couldn't help feel a twinge of loneliness. Both of his parents had died when he was young and he didn't have any family to go back to. "Ezra good to see you too", said Tristan. Ezra snapped out of his thoughts, "You too Tristan." "Well maybe we can spar later, I've been practicing", Tristan said winking. Ezra grinned, "Sure, I would love to beat you again." Sabine rolled her eyes, "Come on you two, I want to go see mom and this mysterious person as well." They dropped off their bags in Sabine's room and then went to see Ursa. 

On their way Tristan spoke up, "You know I don't even know who this mysterious guest is. Mom never told me." Ezra felt something wrong was going to happen, but he pushed it aside. They entered the throne room where Ursa was and a black hooded figure was standing next to her. "Mom, Sabine and Ezra are here", said Tristan. Ursa was quiet then finally spoke, "I'm sorry I had no choice." "What do you mean?", asked Sabine. The black hooded turned around and lifted the hood off, "Welcome Ezra, how good to see you." Maul stepped forward and ignited his double-bladed lightsaber, "And now you shall die."