Chapter 50: No, I'm Not Okay

Start from the beginning

I jump back and prepare multiple antidotes. I gulped before I took a deep breath and charged. I was making sure to intensify the attack. I slashed Muzan multiple times with an enhanced Mercury Leak multiple times before I backed away and forcefully injected myself with the antidote.

I coughed up blood and wheezed as I fell to my knees and eventually onto my stomach. I had a hard time breathing a few slayers dragged me away from the battle and began injecting me and themselves with an antidote for mercury poisoning. Slowly but surely I began to feel better. I shakily got up as some slayers and kakushi were trying to convince me to recover a bit more. I pushed them away and stumbled back into the battle. I saw Obanai already had a piece of paper over his now completely blinded eyes, Tanjiro was fighting on, and so were the other remaining Hashiras.

I got in a fighting stance before taking deep breaths and eventually letting out a battle cry and changing back into battle. I didn't care if the mercury in my system was still there. As I attacked I felt weird but it felt familiar. So I did what I just knew how to do. I sent multiple slashes toward Muzan and each slash cut off the limb, but I noticed something about the way I slashed... I paid attention to my attack and I noticed it forming different beasts, and not animals, but the aragami that I've fought before.

I was still having a hard time breathing but it didn't matter to me. I kept on going. Tanjiro pinned Muzan against a wall of a building, and the rest of the Hashiras sacrificed themselves to ensure Tanjiro would be able to pin down the monster. I used whatever power I had left to continuously use Iron Clamp against the big bad. Giyu and I eventually began to help Tanjiro to pin Muzan against the wall but he kicked us away when the demon lord transformed into a giant baby, quite literally. It was trying to get away and every slayer did their best efforts to stop it. I groaned as I transformed my arms and something just snapped inside of me.

The once axes for arms now became claws, I roared and grabbed the big ass baby and basically held them back with all my remaining strength. He tried to bury underground but I pulled him up the best I could with everyone's help. When Muzan finally disintegrated everyone couldn't help but cry and scream in relief. My arms transformed back to normal and finally, fatigue got to me knocking me out. I know there was more to do but with me needing to recover from all of this it was only fair I got knocked out. I came too when it was already a couple of weeks since the final battle.

Apparently, the mercury poisoning was so bad that I had died for a good 15 or so minutes. That would explain why I was able to talk to Mitsuri, Obanai, Muichiro, Gyomei, Shinobu, and Kyojuro. I'm gonna skip details but all you need to know is that I cried my heart out and apologized for not being able to save them. They comforted me the best they can. Honestly, right now, I stand in front of their graves, feeling nothing but numbness. I only put on a happy face in front of the others but really, I felt numb. It was only after three months since the final battle, that all the remaining Hashiras were called.

"Thank you for coming. Today is our final meeting. Sanemi, Giyu, Rinni, the three of you are the remaining Hashiras. A lot of the other children died too, but we finally destroyed the demons. The Demon Slayer Crops will be disbanded as of today. " Kiriya Ubuyashiki said

"Yes" Giyu, Senami, and I said in unison

"For as long as you have dedicated your bodies and your lives" Kunia said

"Fighting for the sake of the world and people" Kanata added

"The entire Ubuyashiki clan sincerely thanks you" Kiriya stated as the three Ubuyashiki siblings bowed

"Raise your heads!" Giyu screamed

"We don't need your thanks!" Sanemi added

"We did what we had to do for humanity! I owe you and your family a lot for letting me even join the corps despite my initial suspicious background."