Imagine 46: Freaking Duck

Y/N's (Your Name) Point of View

Time check.

It's already 12:48 am.

I am walking all by myself.

Stores are closed and there are only less than three vehicles running on the road.

I'm on my way home now. I came from work and I'm freaking tired but here I am, walking while wearing heels.

I should've learned how to drive a car.

But between all of the tiredness and sleepiness that I felt inside of me, it actually went off, because of the fresh air and the peacefulness right now.

It's very quite and I could clearly hear my breathing, which helps me relax.

Not until, I felt someone following me.

I didn't mind it, because it might be a random stranger who is also on its way home.

But as I walked, the air got colder and colder.

I got confused.

The wind a while ago is not that cold plus it is not that windy today.

"You can feel me"

Someone suddenly talked behind me.

And because I was curious, I looked back and there I saw man...

I think we're just in the same age.

"You can see me!"

My eyebrows met, "Of course I can see you. Who the heck wouldn't s---"

I stopped.

I realized.

"Oh my freaking duck!", I shouted, but it's not that loud.

"You can clearly see me, right??"

I didn't answered, instead I faced my back on him and continued to walk, a little bit faster than before.

I just freaking saw a ghost and it TALKED TO ME!

I could see ghosts, spirits, souls, whatever.

I could see things that a normal person couldn't see. I could feel some things that a normal person couldn't feel.

I'm not actually afraid of ghost, even though they look creepy and weird. After I accepted my ability and my fate, it's already a normal thing to me. But I don't want to interact with them.

I JUST DON'T LIKE IT.

My feet felt sore but I don't care. I just want to go home. I just want to escape this ghost.

"Hey! Slow down! You'll hurt your feet!", I heard him shouted but I kept on walking, as fast as I can.

I really want to run but I just can't, my feet can't.

I heaved a sigh when I didn't felt him anymore.

When I turn to the right side, the street where I was living, someone suddenly appears in front of me.

"Aaah!! My freaking duck!!", I shouted and almost had an heart attack.

"Why do you keep on calling me a freaking duck?", he asked innocently.

I must be scared right now but I didn't feel it. Instead I want to laugh out loud but I controlled myself.

"W-why did you f-follow me?", I utterly said, not because I am scared but because I am holding my laugh.

"I always follow random people, just to check if they can feel or see me. But none of them did, that's why I'm so happy when I knew that you could see me!"