birthday | scarlett<3

———❁———

it was currently 3:50am. you were lying wide awake staring at your ceiling with folklore softly playing in the background. you had never been one to fall asleep quickly even as a young child, insomnia being a close acquaintance of yours for a long time. however, today, today was different because in exactly 13 minutes you would be 17 years old.

growing up you always loved your birthday. your mom had always made it so special for you. every year was a different themed party and one to be remembered by anyone lucky enough to be on the invitation list. being an only child could potentially be extremely dull, not for you though. there was one thing that you had that other kids didn't. your mom. there was only one scarlett johansson on this planet and you got to call her mom.

your mother was known for her extravagant parties and special little touches to remind you that she was the one person on this planet that really knew you best. in about 3 minutes just like clockwork your mom would quietly sneak into your room and lie down next to you letting you cuddle up to her, and begin to tell you the story of how you were born. 

just as you recited said story to yourself in your mind you heard the door creak open quickly closing your eyes in an attempt to act as if sleep had taken over you hours ago. this however didn't fool your mother. the woman that raised you, knew you better than yourself and spent a lifetime picking up on your tricks thought she had raised a better actor than this. a small smirk still plastered on your lips barely noticeable to the untrained eye, but to your mother it was a dead giveaway of your tomfoolery.

she continued as she was after a brief pause to simply admire the strong, independent mama's girl she adored so much. lifting the covers to your bed she did not climb in right away. while this confused you, you did not show it on your face. instead of going to cuddle with her not so little girl scarlett formulated a plan she deemed to be brilliant. to torture (tickle)her child. torture and tickle were simply synonyms to you. the sudden feeling of your mothers cold hands against your tummy were enough to jolt your body up and squirm as far away from the demon as possible. this however did not deter your mom as she continued to tickle your weak spots. after what felt like forever and several shouts of surrender you were finally curled up into the side of your mom. your all time favourite place.

after the madness and silly mood had calmed your mother took a look at the time. 4:03am. "i can't believe how fast you're growing up". scarlett softly spoke. "really, it feels slow". shaking her head your mom disagreed. "mhn, trust me it's fast. so, what do you think of your life so far". looking up into her green eyes you hummed in thought before replying with your honest answer. "it's good. i would like this whole snowstorm thing to go away though". this caused your mom to chuckle whilst she ran her hands through your hair. "i'll work on that for you kid".

taking a moment your mom thought about all the other times you had similar conversations and almost each time you always had the same complaint. snow storms. your persisted hatred for the overwhelming volume of snow always brought a smile to her face. something so simple that many enjoyed, being born in the middle of winter in new york and you hated snow storms. that uniqueness to you was just one of the many qualities you were gifted with that scarlett loved about you.

continuing on with her recollection of events from the early morning of january 5th you took in every word. anyone would think a kid could get bored from hearing the same story exactly a year apart every year but no, not you. what made it so special was that your mama told you that story. it's why you loved it.

———❁———

my first ever story :D

a whole 698 words all inspired by the one, the only lorelai gilmore. tis the gilmore girls season after all.

for those of you who have never watched gilmore girls i would highly recommend it. especially if you're reading this. it's basically perfect. just be prepared to fall in love with lorelai.

just a quick heads up i do proof read but i'm dyslexic so there's only so much hope you can have. but feel free to correct any mistakes i've made. just note that i'm british and and differences there im not changing. i also use mom because i just feel it reads better . not because i use it in real life.

i really hope you enjoy my book :) don't be afraid to ask for any stories you want to see

marley <3