Chapter One-Hundred and Thirty

Start from the beginning

"We really shouldn't distract ourselves with sex right now. It won't make us feel better in the long run."

"Really? Because it seems like you're feeling awfully good right now, pet." I gasped as he tugged my hair back. With a sly smirk he gently pushed my face closer to his. Our lips were so close that every small movement caused his to graze ever so slightly against mine.

"I swear I'm not using you as a distraction, darling. I've just missed the way you struggle not to squirm when you're turned on." I felt the blush heat my cheeks as I tried to look away. I should have known he wouldn't let me, moving his hand to grasp my chin as made sure I kept eye contact with him. Then once I did he flexed his hips slighting, making sure he pressed into me. Unable to help it, I gasped slightly as I closed my eyes, causing him to chuckle arrogantly once more. "And those pretty little sounds you make." His hand left my cheek when he could assure I wouldn't move it, wrapping itself around my throat instead. Instinctively I tilted my head backwards to allow him easier access. That's when his other hand rested on my lower back and slowly guided my hips forwards. It wasn't lost on me how hard he felt through the fabric of our trousers, just as it likely wasn't lost on him how quickened my breathing had become. "I've missed the way you feel when you cum around my cock." Fuck caution. I closed the small distance between our lips and he didn't hesitate to meet mine. His lips instantly dominated mine as the hand around my throat moved to the back of my neck to keep me as close to him as possible. Slowly, his hand began to make its way under my trousers, drawing tantalisingly close to where the elastic of my underwear sat just above my ass. Teasingly, he ran his index finger just under the elastic and... and then a large explosion caused me to freeze completely.

I tried to tell myself that it was just a loud bang, that above us in the communal area someone had just caused something to explode. Like Thor when he tried to work a toaster before his Pop Tart ban. Or when Barton had fallen out of a vent. That it had a simple explanation. My self-calming thoughts did hold for long. As I froze, Loki sprang into action immediately, pushing me off of his lap and walking to the window. As my gaze followed him I saw the cloud of fire and smoke rising above the treeline, soft orange light illuminating his face and highlighting the golden braid that hung just behind his left ear. So many thoughts rushed through my head in that moment, but one stood above all else. They'd come for me.

"Go to Wanda. Now." He didn't even look at me, instead he kept his eyes firmly at the explosion in the treeline as he summoned his daggers. All at once everything hit me. The attack on me at the party, the issues with FRIDAY, Barnes' escape and my subsequent close call with death, all of it piled into a giant weight that landed straight on my chest. And above all else, my thoughts filtered back to those dreams, the ones I kept forcing myself to believe were dreams. I couldn't stand the thought of Loki's research, of his belief that I had power in foresight, that any of those images of him dying could have been a possible future. Now it was all I could see.

"No, don't leave, please. I'll need you if they find me."

"Kaya–" He finally turned to me, his daggers disappearing as he walked over to me.

"Please." I could feel my chest tighten as I began to struggle for air. I could breathe it in, but it didn't feel right. Like there wasn't enough of it, or maybe like there was too much.

"Look, I need to see what caused that explosion. At any sign of danger you can call for me and I will be there, this I swear." How many times did he remind me that I had to be careful with what I promised? How could he so blatantly ignore his own warnings? A God's word to a mortal held far too much weight for him to throw around his words. He already told me he knew about my dreams, why would he recklessly run into danger? As my fear grew exponentially so did my breaths quicken. "Hey, hey, look at me. Kaya look at me." Gently, he cupped both of my cheeks in his hands and forced me to focus on him. On his eyes. It grounded me slightly but didn't help ease the pressure I could feel on my chest. "Remember when Thor made a blood oath to me, and he had to be extremely careful not to break it? It was because we are bound to them." Before I could even question what relevance his words had, his hands left my face as he summoned his dagger before using it to slice his hand.