Chapter Thirty-One

I awoke far more rested than I should have been considering how late it had been when we got in last night. A smile crept over my face as I thought back to the night before, particularly the picnic Loki had brought me to on one of the mountains. It was a side of him no one seemed privy too and a weird pride settled over me knowing that he decided to show me. I didn't fully understand the elation that settled over me, but I knew to cherish it. It was an emotion I hadn't experienced before. It was different to the passive contentment I felt after any of my nights with Thor, Alex or even Wanda. Part of me was scared and anxious over it, but the Asgardian atmosphere tamed my worries. I sighed. I loved having a home on the compound I truly did but it didn't provide me the same relief that Asgard did. I wished I could stay here for at least a few more days, explore the markets and trading villages Thor talked so fondly of. To train with Lady Sif and the Warriors Three, as I was sure I could kick Fandral's ass, and he definitely would deserve it. But mostly I wished to spend more time with Loki in his relaxed and vulnerable state. I knew he wouldn't be as open on Midgard, the hatred against him in the compound meant he never could lower his guard in the same way. However, I decided I would endeavour to at least try to help him more. He'd shown me such openness here that I was sure I could make it so it would not go back to the way it was before. With a sigh on my lips, I got up to get ready and summoned my spare training outfit from the subspace. When I went to grab it, I noticed books being moved around from yesterday and ordered. Smiling to myself I moved one of the books out of a pile and to the side, only to laugh gently when I notice the lack of movement before the book was slowly moved back onto the pile.

I had loved the outfit. It hugged by body well and provided me the comfort of sleeves, plus it did wonders for my confidence the way it hugged all my curves. It wasn't, however, nearly as impressive, or beautiful as the clothes I'd worn over the past day. When I reached into the subspace I smiled as I noticed both dresses folded and ready for me in there. Unable to help myself I grabbed the golden necklace from last night and put it back on. I brought out the golden buckle I'd asked Tony to include around my waist and didn't look too bad. As I dressed I continued this dance of moving the book off and seeing how long it took him to notice. After a while I felt a note placed on top of it and laughed. I took the note into my section and laid it next to the dresses before leaving entirely. Then there was a gentle knock on my door, and I shouted out that they could come in. I noticed two timid looking maids stand looking at my outfit with a blush on their face. I guess they weren't used to such tight fitting clothes. One asked if she would be able to do my hair and stunned, I just took a seat at the dressing table and let her. She twisted the strands into an intricate braid that removed all the hair out of my face while the other made worked to tidy the room. It was a really odd experience and one I didn't enjoy. I thanked them both when they were done and noticed how beautiful the braid was. It was so intricate and complex but perfectly held my locks in place. I smiled at them both, despite missing the comfort having my hair down gave. It was usually a comforting blanket I could hide behind if needed but clearly was not custom here.

"Um... the prince has requested your presence at the stables where your horses were dropped off, my lady. He asked that you come once ready." I thanked them once more and left, using my vague recollection of the halls and two maids help to get myself there. When I did, I found Loki wearing his usual green tunic and black leather trousers petting Svaðilfari. The horse recognised my presence galloping up to me in excitement and Loki frowned before seeing me and smiling. He clicked his tongue to try to get the horse back, but it didn't return, causing a grimace to cross his face. I laughed at his clear jealousy.

"You shouldn't encourage this behaviour in him, you know." He made his way over to me as I petted his horse lovingly.

"Who doesn't love a bit of mischief every now and again?" I spoke without realising the weight of my words and blushing. However, he blushed to and my amusement at his look won out over my embarrassment. "I certainly did last night." I whispered, fixating my eyes on Svaðilfari before I could break my confidence. After a moment of silence Loki cleared his throat.