Chapter Seventy-Seven

It was a miracle I managed to convince Tony not to immediately imprison Loki after I had explained that was what the issue was. It somehow took even longer to convince him that Heimdall was real, and I wasn't just trying to make him look stupid by shouting up to the sky. Thankfully, Thor was back sooner than either of us expected, saving the pain of having Tony freak out further. He was worried that now even I was concerned about Loki. I never told him what happened, but I think just the idea that I was worried enough to need Thor back made him hugely uncomfortable. Thor immediately made his way down to the cells to talk to me, worried about me being locked up and not fully understanding why I was. Still, it was sweet and nice to have him back. He promised to keep a closer eye on Loki during my time in the cell. It took over two weeks, and only ended that soon because of several blood transfusions. Granted, I didn't stay holed up in my cell the entire time, being escorted to the medical lab and allowing myself time out of the cell as long as three of them were with me. It meant I usually had evening meals with them, being forced to do so on the days I didn't want the pity. I never saw Loki once, told he holed himself up in his apartment completely. I didn't know if that was better or worse. Every day I played the conservation over and over again in my head. In reality it was a needed distraction from the idea that I could potentially murder the only family I had, even if it wasn't a healthy one.

It was still hard not to, especially as I watched it back, accessing the footage before deleting it out of an abundance of caution. I saw the pain in his face I missed in my own pity. I saw the insecurity that shined through his words. However, I couldn't make myself act differently no matter how hard I willed myself to. So, instead, I made a plan. A stupid plan that would likely backfire on me, but a plan nevertheless. So when it was confirmed that the drug was out of my system, Wanda cleared my mind and I felt comfortable enough to be let out, the first thing I did was get the cuff removed. I felt the flow of energy immediately as my body finally felt whole again for the first time in almost a fortnight. After the team allowed me to go back to my room and I was alone I started to work on putting the plan in motion. Well, I had a decent shower first and tried to make myself at least look like I had a good night's sleep. Then I knocked on his door and called out his name. I didn't expect a response, but it still hurt to be met with silence. I could feel the shields holding strongly around the apartment and braced myself. I'd done it once before and it wasn't comfortable, however if I wanted to talk to him it needed to be done. Bracing myself, I reached out with my magic and pushed it into the shield. Part of me hoped he would see how serious I was about speaking to him at that moment and let me in, instead I felt him fight back against the attack. With a deep breath, I forced myself to teleport through the shield, throwing myself at it completely until it shattered around.

I audibly winced as I fell through into the bedroom, taking time to steady myself and shake of the pain and discomfort caused. At least that's what I tried to do. A blade flew past my cheek, landing in the plaster of the wall directly behind me.

"You have five seconds to get out, mortal." He hissed. I just stared at the dagger, my lips parted in shock as I stared at the hilt of the dagger in front of me. It took me too long to comprehend what had just happened, taking far longer than the time he allocated to me. Part of me must have thought it was an empty threat. But then his hand wrapped around my neck, and I was shoved into the wall next to the dagger. I groaned as my head hit it, not hard enough to properly hurt yet still enough to shock me. With the other hand he pulled the dagger out from beside me, pressing it to the side of my neck. In that second I glared up at him, staring into the emerald eyes of a complete stranger.

"Loki, put the blade down and let me go. I just want to talk." He closed the gaps between our bodies, pinning me thoroughly against the wall so that even had I struggled I would have a hard time leaving.