migraines - natasha romanoff

Sometimes, you get migraines

Sometimes, you get migraines. Sometimes, you can't leave your room. That's when they're really bad. The worst time to get one of these migraines is during mission or training or even briefings.

Luckily, this time you were having a migraine on your day off since there weren't any missions, but it doesn't make it better...

Your best friend Natasha, was well aware of your migraines ruining your life. So she sent you back in your room as soon as she saw the state you were in.

You were now waking up from a 15 minutes nap you took but your headache was still here. You could tell you were in for a world of hurt the moment you opened your eyes.

The room was dim, but it was just too bright to you and you squeezed your eyes shut almost immediately. You have no idea why you get these migraines, but you wished you knew.

Maybe the music's too loud. That would cause some definite problems. Maybe you spent too long writing or drawing in the dark. Or maybe... It's all the caffeine you consumed on a daily basis! You really hoped none of these were the cause of your migraines.

All you can really do is lie there thinking.

You blinked slightly your eyes and focused on the voices in front of your room. You could definitely hear Natasha fight with Steve... again. You looked around for you phone. Maybe you could text your best friend.

You spotted your phone on the table by the door and about five feet from your bed. You sighed and closed your eyes again, frowning.

Wouldn't have mattered. The screen would've been too bright for you, anyway.

You sighed, disappointed you can't text anyone to bring you medicine.

You then debated trying to go back to sleep. It would help dismiss the pain and maybe when you would wake up, it'd be over.

No, that wouldn't work.

You sighed and sat up in bed quickly and tried to swing your legs over the edge.

When you did, though, a blast of pain throbbed through your head and you lay down again, staring at nothing.

You closed your eyes, feeling comfort in the automatic darkness, and decided that you really should try to sleep. It doesn't go very well, though, and you jerked awake just as you started dozing.

"Steve's such an ass... Oups, sorry I didn't think you were trying to sleep." Natasha said, standing with her hand on the handle of your door.

You groaned.

"Your headache is still here?" She asked softly.