A Snake and a Mr. Kidnapper

Start from the beginning

Sasuke's eyes grew heavy and he collapsed into Kakashi's arms. Izumi sighed in relief, while Kakashi threw her a smile. "For once he's too tired to even argue."

Izumi grinned.

"My, how you've grown, Kakashi."

They both froze.

Izumi had her swords out in an instant and put herself between Kakashi, Sasuke and Orochimaru. Kakashi tucked Sasuke into his arms, ready to retreat while she played distraction. If she needed to go feral again she would happily let her Omega bitch slap the shit out of Orochimaru again. But she really didn't want Kakashi and Sasuke around when she did it.

"To think you've become strong enough to perform the curse sealing jutsu," Orochimaru said warmly, stepping out of the shadows. "It's been a long time, pup."

Kakashi glowered. "Orochimaru."

"It is lovely to see you again. You look so much like your parents." Orochimaru smiled. "But I'm sorry to admit that I'm not actually here to see you. I'm here for Sasuke."

"So you want his Sharingan, huh?" Kakashi scoffed. "Couldn't get Itachi Uchiha's?"

Huh? Izumi blinked. What did he mean by that?

Orochimaru paused. "What drew you to that conclusion, pup?"

"Itachi would have been the easier target. He's a rogue ninja, with no backing of a village. He has no walls to keep him safe, nor a village full of ninja. So of course you would have gone for him first. But you couldn't defeat him, could you?"

Izumi frowned. "So if he couldn't beat Itachi he needed to go after the next best person..."

"Exactly." Kakashi nodded.

Orochimaru laughed. "Even while you're pregnant your brain is still running miles. I'm afraid you're correct. Itachi is still far too strong, and is backed by a powerful organisation. I can't really lay a hand on him. But Sasuke? He will be easy pickings. The boy will happily run to me to avenge his family-"

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Izumi sneered.

What concerned her even more was that Itachi was apart of an organisation. What organisation? What were their goals? Was it mass murder or something even worse? Fuck. She couldn't understand her damned mate at all, could she?

"You surprised me the last time, but don't think you can injure me again. You and Kakashi, one a half breed, and the other gifted with a Sharingan because your mate wanted to protect you even after he died." Orochimaru chuckled. "How romantic. But let's face it. Neither of you can do anything against me, especially not when I get a full-bloodied Uchiha in my grasp."

"So you want to lure Sasuke to your side by telling him you will defeat Itachi, or by training him so he can defeat Itachi when you couldn't do so in the first place?" Kakashi smirked. "You must be going through quite the training routine right now yourself."

"I'm surprised that clever tongue of yours hasn't gotten you into trouble yet," Orochimaru sneered. "I'd be careful, pup. You aren't exactly in the best condition to mock me."

Izumi bristled.

"What's your game here?" Kakashi frowned. "It can't just be because of Sasuke."

"The Sound village that everyone is curious about is mine. You see I created it." Orochimaru smiled. "You're clever, Kakashi. I doubt you need me to say anymore."

So he was a Kage now? No, that wasn't right. Was it? Or maybe he was trying to become a Kage by using the Sound to attack the Leaf? Urgh, hopefully Kakashi knew.