A Perfect Night for a World so Fake

Start from the beginning

"And killed thousands," Obito said dryly.

And couldn't protect his students, his wife, or his son. The man was a complete and utter failure, a fake Minato for a fake world.

Kakashi flinched. "Of course, but-"

"Just as he was taught to do. Just as you were taught to do." Obito took Kakashi's chin, making sure their eyes met. "All of you have been brainwashed into killing machines. It's not your fault you don't know any better, Konoha hasn't allowed you to."

"We keep drifting from the original topic..." Kakashi said weakly.

"We do," Obito agreed, softening considerably. "And you were supposed to relax."

"I think my over all answer is that I'm tired..." Kakashi admitted. "And scared. I don't know what I'm going to do with a baby, but..." Kakashi hardened his resolve. "I won't let this child be raised by someone else in a dark cave."

Obito frowned. The breeding grounds. That's where they sent Omegas who were intended to be impregnated, over and over again, along with the orphan pups, or pups whose parents couldn't (or didn't want to) raise them. Of course apart from Minato's boy. Nobody wanted that boy in their nests. He had been left out of the breeding grounds entirely. Kakashi had apologised to Minato and Kushina's graves hundreds of times for that. That he wasn't allowed to help Naruto, that he wasn't to go near him, that he was so sorry.

It always made Obito's blood boil.

The amount of times he wanted to march out and drag Kakashi away from the graves, tell him off for blaming himself, when it was this world and its leaders that were ruining them all. He managed to resist every time of course, but it never stopped the urge.

Obito shifted his mask a little and pressed a kiss to Kakashi's hair, startling him. The fact that Kakashi wasn't just going with the flow and letting their their baby be handed over to the breeding grounds amazed him. That Kakashi was willing to brave this, despite being scared and traumatised.

He wished he could stay.

Obito wished he could stay with Kakashi and raise their baby together. Stay and help Kakashi with his pregnancy, enjoy the little things, like Kakashi's cravings, and hormones, and scent, and watch as their baby grew.

But their baby was an Uchiha and a Hatake. They would be a ninja. Konoha would accept no less. They wanted their pup's life and they weren't even born yet. No, Obito had a job to do, and he wouldn't fail.

Kakashi threw him an odd look. "You're weird."

Obito chuckled. "Rude. I'm just admiring you."

He startled again, and it pissed Obito off at how starved of compliments Kakashi was that he never knew what to do with them. Kakashi tilted his head curiously.

"Why?"

Obito rolled his eyes and poked Kakashi's forehead, earning a scowl. "You're scared and tired, but you're still willing to defy the council, who I know would love for this pup to be raised by their brainwashed Omegas in the breeding grounds. I think that's very brave of you."

Kakashi shook his head. "I don't get you."

Obito snorted. "You don't get people who compliment you? Obviously your understanding of Might Guy must be lacking then."

"We're rivals," Kakashi said, as if it was the most simplest thing in the world. "But you and I? We barely know each other."

Obito smirked, but of course Kakashi couldn't see it. Kakashi would never catch on to his identity, not unless Obito deliberately showed him. He'd make sure of it. Obito as a pup would have cherished this moment.