No, none of this was supposed to happen. None of it.

Guy took his hand that was beneath the table and squeezed it. It worked, briefly distracting Kakashi from his thoughts.

"Yeah, but the guy was way too strong," Izumi complained. "Guy and I attacked him several times and he just slipped right through all those attacks. Whatever ability he has is extremely dangerous."

"Next time he won't have a hostage and we won't have to worry about the pups." Guy took on a fighting stance. "We'll defeat him then!"

"You're the one who brought those pups with you," Pakkun complained.

"Well, I guess you won't be drinking for a long time then," Anko said, eyeing his orange juice. "That explains your drink choice."

Kakashi shrugged.

"Oh yeah." Anko grinned at Izumi. "I heard you told the council where to 'shove it' during your meeting today."

"That wasn't my exact words, but sure." Izumi nodded.

"They spoke to me earlier on today too," Kurenai said, but shook her head at Izumi. "And you should know better than to antagonise them by now."

"They sent an Alpha to my house during my heat," Izumi spat. "Sasuke lives with me. I don't want an Alpha in a rut anywhere near an Omega pup. The bastard is lucky he's alive."

Asuma cursed. "Bastards should mind their own business."

"Thank fuck I'm an Alpha!" Anko smirked. "I don't have to deal with any of that crap. Are they still trying to get Omega to go to those 'proper' classes where they teach you to be all snobby?"

"The social etiquette class?" Kakashi raised a brow.

"Yeah, that crap."

"It's educational," Kurenai defended.

Izumi snorted.

Asuma choked on a laugh. "Sure, 'educational', you complained the entire time we were there."

Kakashi blinked. "You went too?"

"When we were teenagers. Mother told me to." Asuma grimaced. "And even as a rebellious teenager I knew better than to ignore her orders."

Considering Lady Biwako could order Kushina into submission, it made sense.

"The social etiquette classes are handy depending on what mission you're on," Kakashi admitted.

"Eh?" Akno blinked. "You did them too?"

"I've never had the time. I'm constantly on missions, remember?"

"Yeah, my Eternal Rival barely has time for me anymore!" Guy sobbed.

"Good," Pakkun said smugly.

Kakashi flicked his ear. "Stop being a jealous face, Pakkun. It's adorable, but unnecessary."

Pakkun threw him a dry look. "You're obviously delirious."

Kakashi smirked. "Uh huh."

"I'm not cute."

"The jealousy is adorable though. It makes me want to pick you up and hug you," Kakashi teased.

"Kakashi's delusional, someone take him to hospital," Pakkun ordered. "Not the Alphas though. Izumi, Kurenai you're good girls! Good Omegas."

Izumi laughed. "I'm glad I have your approval."

Kurenai smiled warmly. "It's nice not being chased around Konoha for being friends with Kakashi."

"I think it's unfair!" Guy looked horrified. "You two don't get the same training Asuma and I do."

"And now I'm probably gonna get." Anko crossed her arms, huffing.

Kurenai laughed sheepishly. "That's alright, Guy. I'll leave that training to you Alphas." But the laughter faded, and Kurenai's gaze turned heavy on him. "Kakashi, what are you going to do about your pregnancy?"

"There's not much I can do. I don't want to hurt the baby... And the council would never allow me to abort them anyway. The main thing I can do is just brace myself for nine months, and then panic after that."

"There will be no need for a panic. I'm here to help!" Guy beamed. "Just with a touch more self control?"

"I would appreciate that." Kakashi smiled.

"Self control?" Asuma blinked. "You?"

Guy laughed sheepishly. "Kakashi wasn't pleased when he learned that I and Team Ro's passionate fight for Kakashi's well-being and his pup's got a little out of control-"

Kakashi groaned. "Guy flooded my room with pregnancy tests, and his own floor with books on pregnancy and babies. Team Ro has bought baby books, toys, and either build or bought all the baby furniture I could possibly ever need. And tried to buy me an apartment, but when they finally figured out I'd get pissed off Tenzo built me an apartment at the Hatake Estate instead."

"It sounds like they want to spoil their pack mate!" Anko grinned. "Damn, that must make things easier."

"They did all that today?" Kurenai gasped.

Asuma snorted. "I bet they did that way earlier."

"They did the morning after we returned to Konoha." Kakashi crossed his arms, scowling.

"Typical," Asuma chuckled. "I mean, of Guy, but I would never thought one of the best ANBU squads would be such mother-hens."

Kakashi shrugged. "We tended to try look after each other. We weren't good at caring for our health individually, but together we made it work somewhat."

"It's so adorable that it's almost sickly," Anko complained.

Kakashi as a teenager would have agreed in a heart beat. He also would have shocked some people with some lightning for babying him too much, but at the same time it was rather soothing.

He didn't feel like he would have to brave this alone.