The Spy - 6

"But Uncle Harsh, how can I leave from here so early." Gauri tried to convince Harsh to let her stay back, she knew one day she had to leave but thinking that she had to leave Omkara so soon, made her heart bleed.

"Gauri, it's not safe for you to stay there longer, especially when the team is planning to expose Shakti. Besides we still don't know whether Khanna saw you or not, hiding under the table, which is a threat for you and the organisation. So, it better to evacuate you soon. We planned everything be ready in an hour." Harsh said and cut the call before Gauri could speak.

Gauri fell to the ground clutching the mobile as tears rolled down her face, with the thought leaving Omkara. She cursed heart that made her fall in love with him, when she knew they had no future together.

"Anamika." Omkara smiled as she walked inside his room. "You are late today, I have been waiting for you."

Gauri looked at Omkara with red eyes, as fresh tears burned her eyes. She doesn't have much time with him. Once she exists the Oberoi Mansion, she can't come back to him. It was against the organisation's policy.

"Anamika." Omkara called as he didn't get any reply from her.

Gauri walked and hugged Omkara without a word, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"You are silent today, did anything happen? Did Abhay misbehave with you?" He asked, the last part gritting his teeth, as he hugged her tight.

"No." Gauri shook her head against Omkara's chest.

"What happened, baby?" Omkara asked as he kissed her temple, looking at her in a loving manner.

Gauri broke down into loud sobs as she continued hugging Omkara, as she felt her heart break with the thought of being away from him forever. She could never be in his arms again, she could never hold him so closely again. She wished for the time to stop, so that she could stay in his arms forever.

Omkara rubbed her back as he let her cry in his arms, as he mumbled soothing words to her.

"Please tell me what happened?" Omkara urged her once her cries subsided.

"My mother's health deteriorated and she needs me by her side." Gauri cried sticking to the lie, Harsh has woven.

"I am sorry to hear that, but I wish that she gets back to health. We can get her treated by the best doctors in the city, I am sure she would be fit and fine in no time. You don't worry about the bill, I will take care of that." Omkara consoled her.

"She doesn't need all that, she needs me by her side. I have to leave, Om." Gauri cried.

"What do you mean by leave? You will come back once she is fine right?" Omkara asked as his heart dreaded in fear as he tightened his grip on her.

"No." Gauri sobbed, "I am leaving forever."

"No, I can't let you go." Omkara shook his head, "You can't leave me, you are mine. I love you, Anamika." He said holding her so tight, that it hurt her but the pain was no meagre infront of the pain she was going through emotionally.

"We can never be together, Omkara. We were never meant to be together." Gauri spoke through her tears.

"Is it because you are married? Or we come from different economic class? I don't care about your status or your past, I care about you. You are all I want. If you are ok, you can sign the divorce papers and end your relationship." Omkara reasoned.

"I wish it is as easy as you are making it, Om. But reality is harsh. I have to leave now." Gauri said as she tried to step away from Omkara.

"Why are you being so stubborn." Omkara asked as he held her in his arms, "I know you love me, and I love you too, society and people be damned, please stay with me, Anamika. I never felt so happy in my life with anyone, after my parents left me. I was happy being on your side, please don't leave me back in the dark loneliness. I won't be able to survive this time." Omkara begged.