The Spy -2

Gauri stood there holding her breath, without her veil covering her face, her identity was exposed to him. That's one of many things her Uncle Harsh has asked her not to reveal, because doing it would be difficult for her to get back to her normal life and she would become a prey to the enemies.

She doesn't want to coat her hands red, but she wasn't left with a choice, taken how the man was looking at her. As she was about to pull out her weapon from her pocket, she heard his mesmerizing tone.

"Who is that?" The gorgeous man infront of her asked as he tried to feel the space infront of him with his hand.

Only then did she notice the cane in his hand.

He is blind.

Gauri breathed out in relief as she quickly pulled down her veil to cover her face.

"Kalyani, is that you?" He asked as he walked towards her.

"No, it's Ga..Anamika." Gauri answered.

"Anamika?" He frowned.

"I am the new maid here." She explained further.

"Oh, okay." He nodded, "It's either Kalyani or sometimes Mahesh, who comes to my room, so I was confused with the new scent." He explained.

"It's Mukes." Gauri corrected him.

"Huh?"

"His name is Mukes, not Mahesh, you got the name wrong."

"It's MukesH." He said stressing on H, "You got the pronunciation wrong." He pointed out.

"Even I said the same, Mukes."

"Mukesh."

"Mukes."

"Leave it." He huffed as he walked to his study table.

"What is your name?" Gauri asked him, wondering who he is. No one mentioned his presence in Oberoi Mansion to her, not even her Uncle Harsh.

"Why to you want to know?" He asked raising his brow.

For a minute, she found herself getting lost in his beautiful eyes, the way he lifted his brow, no one would say he is a blind man.

"Just wanted to know, since no one mentioned your presence in this mansion." She said and slapped her head. "Sorry."

"Don't worry, I didn't mind your words." He said shaking his head. "I am Omkara Singh Oberoi, and you haven't heard about me, cause unlike others I am a good for nothing blind man, who is just a burden on Uncle Shakti and Aunt Pinky." He said grudgingly.

Gauri stood silently not knowing how to respond.

"Umm... I have to go down, to make dinner." She answered and ran out of the room.

"I was searching for you? Where have you been?" Mukesh asked as he found her in the corridor.

"I was in Omkara Sir's room." She answered.

"Oh, you have met him then." Mukesh asked as he carried the bucket as she took the mop. "Poor soul, ever since he lost his eye sight four years ago, he was holed up in that room, he seldom comes out of it. It's Kalyani, who gives him food and other things he needs." He informed as she nodded silently.

As Gauri laid on her bed in her room that night. Her thoughts wandered to certain long haired man, she met earlier that day.

Omkara Singh Oberoi, Nephew of Shakti Oberoi, after his parents Tej and Jhanvi died in a tragic car accident. He lost his vision, and since then he has been living at the mercy of his Uncle, when he was the rightful heir of the Oberoi Industries. The guy whose existence wasn't valued by anyone, even by her Uncle, who thought he wasn't important enough to let her know.