Dream Crusher

"Then, I would take her under my wing and teach her, she would also get a chance to learn about this merger." Omkara suggested making Gauri want to kick him.

"That's wonderful, Omkara." Shakti exclaimed, "Gauri, I think what Omkara suggested is a great idea, what do you say?"

"Papa, we already spoke with Mr. O'Connor, and gave him the word that I will join his office in a week's time." Gauri explained, not wanting to lose her only ticket to freedom. "It would be rude if we back out at the last minute."

Omkara frowned at Gauri's words.

"Yes, you are right." Shakti said thoughtfully, making Gauri take a breath of relief, but her happiness was short-lived.

"Mr.Sharma, I don't want to offend anyone, but Gauri is going to be there as an intern, it's not like she is going there to fill up some important position, there are a lot of people who can replace Gauri's position there, but no one can replace her in this company. Besides, I personally know Mr.O'connor he is a cool man, he won't be offended if we let him know the reason." Omkara said in a single breath.

"Papa..." Gauri said trying to save her dreams.

"Gauri, I think what Omkara said is true, our company and people need you, it would be great if you interned in our company instead of working under Mr.O'connor." Shakti said making Omkara do a happy dance inside his mind.

"That's a wise decision, Mr.Sharma, I wouldn't have expected anything less from you." Omkara said putting up a cool and formal facade, making Gauri want to strangle him.

"Papa..."

"Gauri, I know you were sad to leave us behind, but you don't have to worry, now you are going to stay in India." Shakti stated, "And you can start working with Omkara from tomorrow." He declared before he turned to Dandi and said, "Dandi, cancel Gauri's tickets to California." He ordered and walked away with Omkara.

Gauri stood in the middle of the hallway as she watched her dreams shatter in front of her, and the door to her freedom closed with a bang on her face.

"Babydoll, I agree what happened with you is terrible, those men making decisions without caring for your consent and opinion is barbaric." Arjun consoled as Gauri cried hugging him in his apartment.

"There are a lot of things in this world but why does everyone has to poke their nose in my matters, everyone betrays me, everyone stands as an obstacle between me and my dreams, My Dad, Anika, and now that stupid, idiotic Oberoi." Gauri cried, "What sin have I done, Arjun? All my life I have been nothing but selfless, I used to do Anika's work in the office, so that she can go and spend her time with Shivaay, and be happy, before Papa would cage her. But she backstabbed me, and snatched my ticket to freedom."

"I know doll." Arjun patted her arm, as she sniffed.

"I stayed back and did my MBA on Papa's will, since I didn't want Papa and Mama to go through another humiliation, and heart break,  than the one they were already going through as Anika eloped, before her engagement. It cost me my precious years of life, but I thought it would give them happiness. And now when I thought everything will go according to plan, and I can be happy, that guy came out of nowhere and messed up the things, I hate him, I hate Omkara Singh Oberoi."

Arjun hugged Gauri tight, as she cried herself to sleep.

"The pancakes were delicious, love you Mom for making my day sweeter than it already is." Omkara said hugging Jhanvi.

"What's the reason behind my son's super happy mood today?" Jhanvi was amused.

"Oh, I am feeling ecstatic today, since I have some very good things coming up my way today at work." Omkara said as he picked his laptop bag, and coat. "Am I looking handsome and charming?" He asked patting his hair.

"Yes." Jhanvi nodded. "My son always looks charming."

"Thanks Mom, love you." Omkara said and walked towards his car, with an extra bounce in his steps, as he felt excited to start working with Gauri.

"Good Morning, Dandi." Omkara wished cheerfully as he walked towards his room. "Is Ms.Sharma here?"

"Yes Sir." Dandi said as he opened the door for Omkara.

"Good Morning, Gauri." Omkara wished with a bright smile.

"Morning, Mr.Oberoi." Gauri replied in the straight tone surprising Omkara.

"I thought we were on a first name basis, yesterday." Omkara asked in surprise.

"Because yesterday I am not your intern and today I am." Gauri replied, "And please let me how can I help you, I don't want to waste my time talking about unimportant things." She said grabbing her laptop.

Omkara nodded his head as he was too shocked to talk after seeing Gauri's behaviour.

The whole day Gauri avoided Omkara, and Omkara was confused and disappointed about Gauri's behaviour.

"I am leaving home, Mr.Oberoi and I have mailed the minutes of the meeting to you." Gauri informed and walked away even before Omkara could answer.

"Gauri, wait." Omkara called running towards her. "Did I do anything wrong? You were totally different person than the one I met last day, did anything happen?" He asked.

"A lot of things happened in a short span of time that I don't want to discuss with my boss, It would be great if we keep things formal and professional." Gauri replied in a straight tone.

"Gauri, I never thought myself as your boss, we are working together we can be friends." Omkara said. "I know you were planning to move to California and I spoiled your plans but it's for the benefit of our companies, we can make it work. We can make work fun, we can be friends."

"Benefit of companies." Gauri scoffed, "You all are same, you can't see anything beyond the profits and benefits. There is a life beyond all these things and I want to live that life, anyways I am not interested in being friends with anyone especially my boss."

"Gauri, please listen to me..." Omkara tried stopping her. "At least let me drop you home."

"My work hours are done, Mr.Oberoi." Gauri said, "I will listen to you tomorrow when I start my shift, and I don't need your help to reach home, my boyfriend is waiting for me already." She said and walked away towards Arjun, who was waiting for her near the entrance.

Omkara stood frozen in his place as he watched Gauri run into the arms of a man, who was standing by his car near the gate. He felt his world crashing down as he realised that the girl he loves, loves someone else.

"So... Your love story ended even before it could properly begin?" Rudra asked eating the fries sitting in Omkara's living room.

"How can she love him, he looks good and all but how can she not love me?" Omkara asked walking to and fro.

"Just because you are the Omkara Singh Oberoi, doesn't mean every girl should fall in love with you and run into your arms." Rudra said.

"She was different person than the one I met and fell in love with." Omkara muttered. "What happened in a day?"

"You happened." Rudra rolled his eyes, "Can't you see, she is angry with you because you stopped her from leaving to California, maybe she and her boyfriend had plans of moving to California and starting a life there, we all know how strict Shakti Sharma is , may be she is trying to escape from her father and you spoiled her plans."

"Then I did right thing, no regrets." Omkara shrugged. "She is mine and I can't let anyone else have her."

"Dear Possessive Kara, she has a boyfriend." Rudra reminded.

"And they can breakup tomorrow and she can be single again." Omkara said.

"And how exactly they are going to breakup? You can't order her to break up with her boyfriend just because you are her boss."

"Just because I am her boss, I can do everything in my power to make them break up, Gauri is mine and mine forever."

"You are mad." Rudra shouted.

"You want to have some drinks?" Omkara asked grabbing the keys and walking towards the door.