🜚|07

"J-Jaemin?"

The boy froze for a second before he shot up to be met with the girl's black eyes wide open, looking straight into his soul. "Sujin! You're awake! Wait here I'll call a doctor" He ran to the door and called for a nurse to check up on her.

"Well, it looks like she will recover much faster than expected since she woke up fast, maybe a month? I'll speak with her doctor" the nurse said with a smile and left the two alone again.

"I'm sorry, Jaemin-ah" she said and looked down, feeling bad for the boy. "For what?"

"Everything, you came here with me, stayed here for me and I even got you in a scandal with me because of this, I'm so sorry"

"Hey, don't speak nonsense, You are my bestfriend, I will do anything to help you, but how did you know about the scandal?"

"I heard the girls talking about it, I can hear when I'm in a coma by the way" Sujin was still feeling a little uncomfortable from the situation, she could ruin his a career.

The door busted open and the two expected to see the nurse or a doctor or someone they knew, but to their surprise, it was actually the police.

"Miss Shin, we are glad you woke up, we need to take you for questioning soon, we found the man that attacked you the other day" the officer said and gave them a photo of the guy.

"Is this him?" Jaemin asked, having hope that she will recognize him. "Yes- Yes it's him!" She exclaimed happily that they really caught the right guy.

"That's a relief, we will leave you to rest now" the officers left the two once again on their own. "I'm so hungry" Sujin said as she rubbed her stomach pouting a little. "Cute" Jaemin mumbled subconsciously but thankfully, Sujin didn't hear him.

"I'll go get you something to eat" he said getting up and leaving the room. He got to the hospital cafeteria and looked for the patient's menu's, focusing too much on them to notice who entered the hospital.

"How can I help you sir?"

"Can I get this one please?" He pointed to the patients' menu "and this one" he said pointing to the visitors' menu this time. "Wait 10 minutes please" the waiter said and left him. Jaemin looked around at the patients sitting with their families eating and talking happily.

He sighed and looked to the door and saw someone staring straight into his soul. Jaemin started feeling bad about him and his inner self told him to run to Sujin, and that's what he did.

When he got there, the door her remembers well that he closed was wide open and a shadow shuffling could be seen from outside. Jaemin bursted into the room and was met with a guy wearing a full black attire witha syringe in his hand, pumping an unknown substance into Sujin's IV.

"Who the fuck are you?" The man snapped his head to look at Jaemin before smirking and pushing Jaemin to the floor. "Nurse, check what the fuck did he put in her IV!" He yelled and got up quickly and ran after the guy.

They made it to the emergency stairs and Jaemin was faster there and was able to catch the guy, strangling him on the floor immediately. "What the fuck did you do? Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

"She should have taken the warning"

Jaemin punched the man square in the jaw, punch stong enough to make the man bleed immediately. "It's Choi Hyerin isn't it?"

"Yeah"

"Dumb fuck"

The man pushed Jaemin off him and ran back down the stairs, but Jaemin didn't follow. He hit his head against the sharp railing off the stairs that made him go unconscious immediately.

A few hours later, the boy finally woke up at the sound of a rough voice yelling "he's here! send help". He opened his eyes slowly and tried to move his head a little, but the excessive pain he felt made him halt.

"Oh my god Jaemin what happened to you?" Jeno held the boy in his arms to try and bring him back to consciousness again, tears filling his eyes.

"J-jeno?"

"Shit- he's awake!"

A few of the hospital's staff held the boy and took him up to the inspection room where they looked at his wound to check if it was critical.

"Oh my... thank goodness the wound isn't deep, it only need stitches" the doctor said sighing and turned to the other dream members who were also there. They came to visit Sujin all together when the nurse told them everything that happened.

"Jaemin what the hell happened?"

"I went to Sujin's room and I found a guy trying to inject something into her IV but he ran away when he saw me, so I ran after him"

"Gosh you're so dumb"

"Hey I-"

"Okay stop fighting!"

The two boys, Jeamin and Renjun, stopped fighting once they heard the demanding words of their leader. The room fell silent for a second before Jeamin finally broke it.

"What happened to Sujin though? Is she safe?"

"Yeah, the guy couldn't inject the drug because you barged in"

Jaemin nodded and looked down, he couldn't help but think about her, he was so deeply in love with her that he risked his life for her.

Crazy what love does to someone...